Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best thing ever bought from the Aldi "mad middle" section...

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
we use the aldi branch in portslade, I spoke to one of the members of staff on the tills and she was saying that they have to scan a certain amount of items through the till to meet a target so that's why they do it fast. Also another reason why it is so small is because you're supposed to take your shopping to the side and bag it away from the till "apparently" I believe their is a sign saying this, I could be wrong.
I love aldi to be fair. if you like a burger go for the aldi special deal and its called a wagyu burger.
Lidl do a nice chilli burger and a cheese burger, the cheese is in the meat not a slice on top. Very nice.

Someone mentioned the wine, that is also good. Had a lovely Spanish red at the weekend. I like their points system, stating how good they think the wine is. I have not been let down so far..[emoji14] [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But I seem to remember you grew up in Portslade so are you sure you've got grounds? What is it they say, "Hove actually, Portslade unfortunately".

Y'*******. Bang to rights. But . . . .

I have evolved :whistle::lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I went in for a waxed cheese - came out with an electric hedge trimmer and a compressor.

The mad middle stuffed, as it is, with one off crazy shit. The best thing about it though is that you KNOW that next week it won't be there so YOU are almost part of a club populated by fellow owners of incredidiblyn useful yet RARE items like a Led Zepplin emblazoned pair of speedos or a microwaveable automatic garlic grater. Your friends and family will marvel but they will never be able to replicate your purchase. Aldi and Lidl have a markering team who live In a mental hospital but,by Odin, you enjoy shopping there all the more for all the batshit crazy gear they flog. I want t go down there right now and get a "my little pony"'hells Angel German helmet or somesuch.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I miss the old days before Lidl was 'discovered' and women were shopping in their dressing gowns.
Anyone with a job would not be seen anywhere near the shop.

The mad middle stuffed, as it is, with one off crazy shit. The best thing about it though is that you KNOW that next week it won't be there so YOU are almost part of a club populated by fellow owners of incredidiblyn useful yet RARE items like a Led Zepplin emblazoned pair of speedos or a microwaveable automatic garlic grater. Your friends and family will marvel but they will never be able to replicate your purchase. Aldi and Lidl have a markering team who live In a mental hospital but,by Odin, you enjoy shopping there all the more for all the batshit crazy gear they flog. I want t go down there right now and get a "my little pony"'hells Angel German helmet or somesuch.

Worth two of these :) :). I have a hunch you may have made some of those up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here