Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Whats Goring like to live in?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
My final post on this subject. If you go to Google Maps and type in the search Angmering it will show you the village where the Spotted Cow is and DBS Garage is or was for many years northy of the A259 Worthing - Littlehampton road If however, you put Angmering on Sea in the search it will take you to the area south of Coastal Road East Preston and well south of the A259,, with the area name Angmering on Sea superimposed. This is in response to the suggestion that it was impossible for my wife to walk her dog along the beach from Ferring to Angmering on Sea. I know she did, she knows she did, I am just glad that I am not an expert on this whose job relied on knowing. I am prepared to rely on my knowledge as a young man supported by Google Maps End of argument from my end.
Yes, but you think Willowhayne is 1 mile from the sea.

Looking on your favorite Google Maps, the north entrance to Willowhayne ( by the Church ) is only 0.6 miles from the water.

So its furthest point it is just over 1/2 a mile from the sea, and its closest point is actually directly by the beach.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but you think Willowhayne is 1 mile from the sea.

Looking on your favorite Google Maps, the north entrance to Willowhayne ( by the Church ) is only 0.6 miles from the water.

So it's furthest point it is just over 1/2 a mile from the sea, and it's closest point is actually directly by the beach.

Sorry you have kept me posting when I said I wouldnt but I am reasonably sure, but not certain so could be wrong, that Willohatyne has expanded its perimeters over the years. I must admit, as with a previous thread about Teville gate to Woodside Rd in Worthing my estimation of distances when walking is not the best.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My final post on this subject. If you go to Google Maps and type in the search Angmering it will show you the village where the Spotted Cow is and DBS Garage is or was for many years northy of the A259 Worthing - Littlehampton road If however, you put Angmering on Sea in the search it will take you to the area south of Coastal Road East Preston and well south of the A259,, with the area name Angmering on Sea superimposed. This is in response to the suggestion that it was impossible for my wife to walk her dog along the beach from Ferring to Angmering on Sea. I know she did, she knows she did, I am just glad that I am not an expert on this whose job relied on knowing. I am prepared to rely on my knowledge as a young man supported by Google Maps End of argument from my end.

Is your wife's dog still alive to confirm this :moo:

:yawn:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
A Brighton player wanted to buy the house next door to my parents around 3 years ago.The owner decided to sell to another guy because he had viewed the house first.What an idiot.The house is up for sale again and a good position for getting to training at Lancing but I don't suppose another player will look at it again.

Maybe you should put a picture of a nicer house with the address of the house for sale and post it next to the changing room at the AMEX. Can't hurt.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There is no such place as Angmering on Sea, the bell ends are doing a good job here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here