Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Kuenssberg - Political Editor of the BBC

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I never hear what she says, because her mouth is lop-sided when she talks and this is completely distracting.

Yep, always imagine when she toking on her husbands old boy, she'd look like Popeye

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yep, always imagine when she toking on her husbands old boy, she'd look like Popeye

maxresdefault.jpg

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
I never hear what she says, because her mouth is lop-sided when she talks and this is completely distracting.

You must be deaf then because I find her crystal clear. She is a good political analyst and a refreshing change from old men like Paxman Humphries and Ferrari. I hope after the last election Paxman is never seen again interviewing anyone. He sneers and bombasts just like Humphries and Ferrari. It becomes all about them rather than the person being interviewed

There is a general problem with journalists in that they do not understand the subjects they cover. How many of them understand economics well enough to challenge economic policy? I think the opposite of the dreadful Michael Gove. I would like to see politicians challenged by experts rather than journalists or presenters. That might have saved the country from 7 years of austerity which any decent economist will tell you was total misconceived and harmful

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
You must be deaf then because I find her crystal clear. She is a good political analyst and a refreshing change from old men like Paxman Humphries and Ferrari. I hope after the last election Paxman is never seen again interviewing anyone. He sneers and bombasts just like Humphries and Ferrari. It becomes all about them rather than the person being interviewed

There is a general problem with journalists in that they do not understand the subjects they cover. How many of them understand economics well enough to challenge economic policy? I think the opposite of the dreadful Michael Gove. I would like to see politicians challenged by experts rather than journalists or presenters. That might have saved the country from 7 years of austerity which any decent economist will tell you was total misconceived and harmful

are you seriously saying that her pre-election questioning was anything else but fabulously tory-biased? i can't believe you are suggesting that she had some part in stripping the emperor's new clothes from theresa mayhem?

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
are you seriously saying that her pre-election questioning was anything else but fabulously tory-biased? i can't believe you are suggesting that she had some part in stripping the emperor's new clothes from theresa mayhem?

I was reacting to someone who suggested he/she could not understand her or could not listen to her. By all means criticise what she says but snidey comments about what she looks like are silly and crass.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Neil is excellent, what on earth are you on about?

I did a double-take at that too. Andrew Neil has absolutely shredded many of his interviewees with direct and PERSISTANT questioning - and does it without just shouting them down, or constantly interrupting, which is Paxmans tedious schtick these days. He listens for answers and picks them to bits. His trump card is that he always seems better prepared on policy than his victim.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Neil is excellent, what on earth are you on about?

He's rude. He often speaks over the people he's asking questions to. His interview technique is arrogant. I never watch an interview with him and feel like I've found out a thing about the person he's interviewing, which incidentally is because he never lets them answer the bleeding questions that he asks.

So no, he's not excellent. He's quite the opposite in fact.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I've tried to warm to her I really really have but she really is the most whiney awful woman on tv at the moment.

She seems incapable of asking a question without it sounding like she is nagging, it's such a relief when one of the other political commentators is on.

How the hell did she get her job?

Bring back Nick Robinson.

This. CAn't styand her too. She just creates controversy and stirs things up with underhanded snide comments and digs at whatever she is talking about. I am no Corbyn fan, but her constant snipes and digs at him pre election were just awful. We just want the straight facts woman, not your twisted and warped view embelished with snide and carping critical comments on what you think. grrrrr..

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Haven't see much of her but what I have seen hasn't given me much of an opinion either way.
Just dropping off that little nugget.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
She's the best political commentator on any of the news stations, bar none.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For those who think the Beeb has a left wing or a right wing bias I would simply substitute this 'bias' with "They don't tell me what I want to hear".

BBC- hated by most political activists.

That's why I like them.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
This. CAn't styand her too. She just creates controversy and stirs things up with underhanded snide comments and digs at whatever she is talking about. I am no Corbyn fan, but her constant snipes and digs at him pre election were just awful. We just want the straight facts woman, not your twisted and warped view embelished with snide and carping critical comments on what you think. grrrrr..

I know what you mean but don’t you think that her attack dog tactics wind up people from both sides? The more she attacked JC the more people went “I’m not having that” so by by being counter productive she achieved the opposite. Sort of a double agent?
I have no idea what I am talking about. Talk tomorrow!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
She is one of my guilty pleasures that I cannot explain .

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Find this thread really reassuring because I can't stand her.

Goes back to when she was reporting on the financial crisis and knew absolutely nothing about what was really going on so just turned it into headline grabbing exercise.

She has none of the gravitas of a David Dimbleby, Robin Day or Alistair Burnett and is a symptom of how far BBC journalism has fallen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know what you mean but don’t you think that her attack dog tactics wind up people from both sides? The more she attacked JC the more people went “I’m not having that” so by by being counter productive she achieved the opposite. Sort of a double agent?
I have no idea what I am talking about. Talk tomorrow!
Yes she does. A fair number think she is on the other side.

I've found her deeply pro-Brexit, but others tell me she is anti-Brexit.

I think she is both pro- and anti- everything :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here