Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Shortest Albion careers. One game wonders!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody who ever takes part in TLO/Al's REMF quiz: pay attention to this thread as I've got a feeling some of these names will be surfacing as quiz answers! (Some probably have!)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Going back a bit, what about Roger Badminton? I think he made one appearance in my first season watching the Albion. He had a splendid name but promptly vanished

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Mahoney-Johnson at home (at Priestfield). The dubious honour of the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a "professional", in the worst football match I've ever, or will ever see, 0-0 against Doncaster. 23rd vs 24th in the bottom tier, neither side registered a SHOT. Not shot on target - a SHOT.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Mahoney-Johnson at home (at Priestfield). The dubious honour of the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a "professional", in the worst football match I've ever, or will ever see, 0-0 against Doncaster. 23rd vs 24th in the bottom tier, neither side registered a SHOT. Not shot on target - a SHOT.

He was shockingly bad but, amazingly, played four times for us. It does make you wonder what the other strikers were like.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
We had an American keeper on loan, Jorgen Sommer (sp?). He only played one game for us and looked pretty good too.

We played a lot of keepers in our last few years at Withdean, most of them forgettable - there were probably some who played one game.

Think he was on loan from Luton . Played 1 game away at Cambridge when they were top of the league under John Beck and heading to Div 1 ( That's the Prem for you JCL and younger members )
They had Claridge and Dublin up front and spent the whole game hoofing the ball into our penalty area . He caught and saved everything they could muster and we earned a gallant point from a 0-0 draw . Soon after Dublin was sold to Manure and the game was for up for Beck , back to chasing rabbits with his wippets .

No idea what happened to our loan keeper next .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He did the classic treble - one league, one League Cup and one FA Cup match. We lost them all.

Incidentally, his opposite number against Shrewsbury in the League Cup 12 years ago... Joe Hart.

Further incidentally... (accordingly to the 11v11 link above) the Albion sub keeper, was Richard Martin, who like Hart, also went on the Manchester City!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here