Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apparently people "ITK" reckon it is a family thing as he wants to go back up north but wife wants to stay where they are. Not sure how much credence you can put on it but either way he has served us well after a not too good start following PIG so wish him luck wherever his career takes him but would be happy if he stays with us.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He will be missed but is far from irreplaceable.

It is relatively easier for a half decent keeper to become popular than for an outfield player and we’ll end up with a replacement good and popular custodian next term – they get congratulated for doing the basics of their job more than any other position…  Sunday was a prime example – Stocky saved several shots that it would have been calamitous to let in (all the ones diving that he fairly comfortably got two hands to and/or body behind…), also made one good save with his foot and then crucially fouled up on what would have been a very good block - players in front meant he could only react very late (too late…) …

The stuff about him with ball at feet is also overstated IMHO… he does have an unusually good long ball but I’m not sure how effective that will be in PL and he regularly causes trouble at the back with anything other than routine shorter passes

I will be very surprised if he becomes first choice at a bigger club than us. Is obvious he will make a life-changing amount of money on the transfer deal.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
IF Stockdale leaves, I doubt it would be that hard to get a decent keeper for a reasonable sum.

Ruddy's been released by Norwich, If Stockdale went to Chelsea, I doubt Begovich would accept being third choice behind Courtois and Stockers, After a year with the Smoggies, if they go down Valdes will be pining for the warm sun and some clean air.... etc, etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
IF Stockdale leaves, I doubt it would be that hard to get a decent keeper for a reasonable sum.

If Stockdale went to Chelsea, I doubt Begovich would accept being third choice behind Courtois and Stockers,.

The reason that Chelsea are in the market for a keeper at all, is because Begovic is leaving.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Have we got 20 million + to spend on a keeper ?

you must be fishing young man.

I was being a bit ambitious :lolol:. One hope would be that IF he went to a 'big' club who are buying him for their future number 1, then a loan would be possible.

If true, and West Ham are interested, then Adrian isn't a bad keeper at all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was being a bit ambitious :lolol:. One hope would be that IF he went to a 'big' club who are buying him for their future number 1, then a loan would be possible.

I don't really base this on much, but Adrian appears to me, to be an absolute WANKER.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is obvious he will make a life-changing amount of money on the transfer deal.

Suggesting getting promoted and staying put won't give him a life changing amount of money - IMO he already earns a life changing amount of money as do most footballers in the top two divisions - compared to normal working people

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Will be missed for much more than his goalkeeping. An impressive young man who's conducted himself with dignity the whole way through his career here. Not only did we see his true colours after Shoreham but there's another story that it's only now appropriate to tell. In my son's football club one player in a younger age group was diagnosed with cancer, The club raised money to send the family on a much needed break and one of the committee tweeted Stockdale just to see if he'd RT the just giving link, Instead he offered to make up any shortfall himself.

We will also miss his kicking. His distribution is excellent. And the dressing room spirit everyone goes on about? He's an instrumental part of it. So those saying good riddance, I hope you can name a Premier League standard keeper who saves penalties, has excellent distribution, positive dressing room influence and community spirit because that's what we're losing.

As for yesterday some Brighton fans really need to have a word with themselves. Watch a replay as I have and Andy Naylor has and you will see Dunk's movement in front wrong foots him. It was just one of those things but when it happens to a keeper it almost always leads to a goal. No one mentioning his MAGNIFICENT stop from Hurihane that kept us in the game eh? It's just part of being a keeper. Pocognoli was far worse and should have cost us all three points in the first half, but because his school boy errors weren't straight in front of goal, and because Lansbury is shit, they didn't.

100% agree. I must admit that I wasn't a big fan in his first season, and thought he was a downgrade from Kuszczak. I was wrong, and he's become one of my favourite Albion players ever, for his ability as well as for what he brings in terms of personality and character.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Pocognoli was far worse and should have cost us all three points in the first half, but because his school boy errors weren't straight in front of goal, and because Lansbury is shit, they didn't.

An outfield player makes a mistake (whether a goal is scored or not) and generally its forgotten but a keeper makes one and it excites a certain contingent of our "fans". Dunk had a moment of madness at Leeds when he ducked out of a head which gave Wood a chance he should have scored for example yet Stockdale gets criticised for his positioning when Wood did score.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Heard before the game that both him and Stephens had signed elsewhere. Certainly looked like it from his reaction at the end and his tweets this morning. A blow for us as he was one of those you would think could cut it at PL level but hey ho...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Heard before the game that both him and Stephens had signed elsewhere. Certainly looked like it from his reaction at the end and his tweets this morning. A blow for us as he was one of those you would think could cut it at PL level but hey ho...

And then lo and behold he starts re-tweeting people asking him to stay. There's no way ANYONE knows what's going on bar the club, DS and his agent ATM.

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bmuff isnt it for Bergovic ?....10 million or so...

Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and West Ham are monitoring Sunderland's English goalkeeper Jordan Pickford, who could move for about £25m. (Telegraph)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here