Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Escape, and NOT Praise You?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
As someone has stated, I do recall hearing praise you at some point..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

batch_91

Jul 14, 2012
Sheffield/Portslade
The Great Escape for me also came to define the Amex era with that astonishing atmosphere when we had Vincelot and Barnes sent off inside the first 20mins against Burnley, and the Amex boomed for the next 70 mins as the team gave everything, and in all honesty we should have won the game.

Remember CMS hitting the bar in the last minute of that game. I reckon the roof would have come off that night if he could score goals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It has but imho best used in the context when we're up against it.
Yes indeed, and as a club we have certainly been up against it.

It was sung when down to 9 again Burnley - likewise it made sense when we won with 10 against Wednesday :lol: It was different for the playoff semi, as it was before the match, and therefore referred to a two-leg tie, rather than one game (as was tradition until then). And then on Monday, it wasn't referring to one game or even 10, it was referring to decades.

Christ, this isn't rocket science.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
MUSIC FOR BRIZZLE
Let's be Brighton, Let's be different. No 'We are the Champions' or 'Simply the Best' or 'Rockin all over the World' just to please Sky.
Lets play Dunk singing 'Lets go f***ing Mental' at full blast.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Couple of quite bizarre musical choices (on the PA I mean, not by Knocky who is way beyond any blame...). An open goal the size of a house and someone still managed to slice it wide...

Agree 100% with that - I'm guessing that they just hadn't planned anything, so just put anything on. It was a little bizarre - I actually wanted the music to stop so the fans could lead the celebrations.

For Bristol - assuming we've won the league, I hope they are somewhat better prepared, leave it to the fans for a while, then put some music on, including and include GOSBTS

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I still have no idea what he was singing (likewise Kayal's effort)

Kayal's effort seemed to be a 'version' of Tomer Hemed to the tune on No-No-Nogan... (No Limits) but he gave him a different 1st name. Perhaps a nickname?

Knockaert's was either s classic example of a Pro footballer not getting 'real' people (i.e. thinking we fancied singing the Kolo / Yaya Toure song - why?!?) or they had a bet beforehand to see how far they could push the silly songs for us to sing along to.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I heard "Praise you" just after the Great Escape, though they play the "mid tune" version these days.

Much prefer it when they play "Praise You" from the start, intro and all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I heard "Praise you" just after the Great Escape, though they play the "mid tune" version these days.

Much prefer it when they play "Praise You" from the start, intro and all.
Barber out!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Kayal's effort seemed to be a 'version' of Tomer Hemed to the tune on No-No-Nogan... (No Limits) but he gave him a different 1st name. Perhaps a nickname?

Knockaert's was either s classic example of a Pro footballer not getting 'real' people (i.e. thinking we fancied singing the Kolo / Yaya Toure song - why?!?) or they had a bet beforehand to see how far they could push the silly songs for us to sing along to.

It's a funny one as I was at the Ashes rubber at the Oval and that got started up by a load of England fans. Loads of international supporters sing it too. Perhaps fans don't get 'real' footballers?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

They're just having fun, they sung it in a bar in Manchester a while back and SB started a celebration of it vs QPR at home I think.

We sing about our heroes (them), they just sing anything that is fun and trending.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm going to be mighty disappointed if you haven't organised an impromptu DJ set in the East Stand by the time the Bristol City game comes round!

Give over.

Do you really want one?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I was so emotional I dont recall what any of the music played over the PA system was tbh!

After using it to great effect to bring everyone #together last season, I would've liked the Embrace song Ashes to have been used at the end.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Are you joking!? Champions, victory lap of the pitch, 8pm onto the concourse for some tunes...

:rave::drink::cheery::albion::O:banana:punk::rock::cool:

Bollocks to the concourse, I'd have it on the bandstand.

Dunno. No conversations have taken place yet.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I think Kayal was just confused. Everyone was singing to that tune for Tomer when he came off (well, around us anyway) and he just thought it was To-To rather than To-Mer.. which actually makes a bit of sense! The Kolo/Yaya was one the players were singing at their Xmas party I think - and which Northern Ireland fans were doing for Jonny/Corry Evans during Euro 2016, complete with hand movements. Just seemed to misjudge the mood a bit and thought because they sing it in the dressing room when they're messing about that we would too. But his 'We are going up' was epic so...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here