Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My away record this season:

Brentford 4 Reading 1
Fulham 5 Reading 0
Brighton 3 Reading 0
Norwich 7 Reading 1

giphy.gif

I don't suppose you could do us a little favour and go and watch a couple of Crystal Palace's away matches?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

Brentford 4 Reading 1
Fulham 5 Reading 0
Brighton 3 Reading 0
Norwich 7 Reading 1

giphy.gif

Blimey! they must love it when they see you on the awayday train.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud

Brentford 4 Reading 1
Fulham 5 Reading 0
Brighton 3 Reading 0
Norwich 7 Reading 1

giphy.gif

At first I genuinely laughed out loud at your misfortune but now I just want to know who the girl is as she is a 'thumbs up' from me as well.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
That is a series of some serious drubbings. How has that happened? You've spent the majority of the season in the top six so you're clearly a decent team but those results....what? How?!

Our away record isn't that bad overall. I think we are in the top ten in the league - Leeds are only marginally better on the road. It's just when we lose, we lose spectacularly and win most of our games narrowly (which explains our goal difference). The drubbings make the actual away record seem worse than it is.

Why that happens, I've no idea. It must be a psychological thing...

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No shite Sherlock
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39554486

Problem with reading is they don't have the fan base and do get big away followings at the madejski which helps big time and tickets are cheap.Now we'd all like cheaper tickets but the fans want the best players so it's always a catch 22.
To be fair they're a great community club and do look after their fans,but sadly the fans won't turn up when things are bang average in this league.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Our away record isn't that bad overall. I think we are in the top ten in the league - Leeds are only marginally better on the road. It's just when we lose, we lose spectacularly and win most of our games narrowly (which explains our goal difference). The drubbings make the actual away record seem worse than it is.

Why that happens, I've no idea. It must be a psychological thing...
Similar to Huddersfield who normally don't score more than 1 and do occasionally get battered :)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...y-offs-face-chaos-readings-potential-premier/

Exclusive: Championship play-offs face chaos over Reading's potential Premier League denial

The potential denial of Reading’s promotion to the Premier League was threatening to throw the Championship play-offs into chaos after it emerged there was no rule in place governing who would replace them.

The EFL confirmed on Monday it did not have a fixed contingency plan for when a club is blocked from entering the top-flight, something the Daily Telegraph revealed was a threat facing the Berkshire side.

It said a decision over whether any third promotion spot was taken by play-off final losers or the team with the highest league finish would be taken by its board.

It did not confirm whether it was possible just two sides would be promoted, with only the Premier League bottom two relegated.

The Premier League, meanwhile, did not respond to requests for comment about what would happen in the unprecedented event of a team earning promotion to the world’s richest league and being forced to stay in the Championship.

That fate could befall play-off chasing Reading after the EFL last week provisionally approved a takeover of the club by Chinese businessman Dai Yongge and his sister, Dai Xiu Li.

Yongge failed to acquire Hull City in September amid serious concerns from the Premier League about the way the proposed buyout had been constructed.

And although it is understood the deal for Reading has been structured differently, the Premier League will not disregard Yongge’s failure to satisfy its misgivings about the doomed Hull buyout during any assessment it conducts of the new owners.

One precedent for a club being denied promotion to the top-flight came at the end of the 1989-90 season, when Swindon Town won the Second Division play-offs only to be demoted for making illegal payments to players.

Beaten finalists Sunderland – who had finished sixth that season – went up instead, despite opposition from third-placed Newcastle United.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
No shite Sherlock
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39554486

Problem with reading is they don't have the fan base and do get big away followings at the madejski which helps big time and tickets are cheap.Now we'd all like cheaper tickets but the fans want the best players so it's always a catch 22.
To be fair they're a great community club and do look after their fans,but sadly the fans won't turn up when things are bang average in this league.

That's two consecutive owners this has happened with now. You have to wonder what Madejski is saying to the prospective owners. Perhaps not giving them the full picture...

Third time lucky I guess :facepalm:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's two consecutive owners this has happened with now. You have to wonder what Madejski is saying to the prospective owners. Perhaps not giving them the full picture...

Third time lucky I guess :facepalm:
Yeah it's blatantly clear owners have different agendas which isn't good at all......It's strange as when the stadium was built it put reading on the map and regeneration started,but now it seems the football club is an annoying blot on a very plush piece of land that all these foreigners want hold of.
Having lived in reading for over 30 years it's sad to see what's going on and like I said it's a community club that deserves better no matter what others may think.
Strange but the madejski looks old and out of place compared to the high tech regeneration of blue chip companies and plush housing developments.

Let's hope you get a real football owner :)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If that is the case then Reading should be barred from the play offs and the next team allowed in

There is absolutely no chance in a million years that Reading will win the play-offs. Everyone can relax and get on with life - Reading are NOT going to be promoted!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Maybe being a Brighton fan and what we went through, reading what is happening in Reading makes me feel very worried for them. When I talk to Reading fans they seem not overly bothered by the situation and only worried about the last game. Of course it could be fine, but if this was happening to Brighton, I am sure as hell would won't more clarification on what was really is going on then I have read.

Yes they seem a bit tin pot and play goal music and do one of many things that I find strange, but when Madejski owned them, they were a solid local club and have a reasonable fan base.

I would rather pull my own toe nails out then become a Reading fan, but if some unscrupulous b-stewards try to asset strip them I will be seriously peeved, if they ever get the energy to mount some sort of protest I will stand with them. Even lend them my copy of "build a bonfire"

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This seemed to fizzle out.

What is the latest on how this is going to play out ? ???

Chinese still haven't taken over yet. Approval has gone through for all the development around the stadium. All parking is going ( acres and acres of it ) Multiple luxury property development, Retail shops, Entertainment complex, Cinema, Ice Rink, Restaurants, Multi Storey Car Park and much more.
You can see why the Chinese want to get their hands on it ( Sadly, little or no interest in the football side )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here