Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham win their first game at new Stadium.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Shame the 54,000 in attendance couldn't see anything.

Luckily the stadium announcer let the crowd know when a goal went in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You don't care that Brighton beat West Ham when they moved into their new ground back in the day? OK.

I can't say I'm overly bothered to be honest.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You don't care that Brighton beat West Ham when they moved into their new ground back in the day? OK.

'The Stadium Guide' says their first game was v Millwall in 1904, which they also won 3-0 ?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I am sure we all know who won the first game at the Boleyn!

'The Stadium Guide' says their first game was v Millwall in 1904, which they also won 3-0 ?

[MENTION=29007]Javeaseagull[/MENTION] - Are you thinking of Southampton and The Dell by mistake, because Albion certainly weren't West Ham's first opponents at the Boleyn Ground?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
[MENTION=29007]Javeaseagull[/MENTION] - Are you thinking of Southampton and The Dell by mistake, because Albion certainly weren't West Ham's first opponents at the Boleyn Ground?

Apologies if I am wrong, which i probably am. It's been a long night and let that be a lesson to you young whippersnappers. Don't post when you're pissed! That will fall on deaf ears!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
To be honest i don't even know our first opponents were at the Goldstone ground for sure as we amalgamated with hove fc who were already there .

bhafc4life03

May 26, 2014
"West Ham's first game at their new home was against Millwall on 1 September 1904. It drew a crowd of 10,000, the majority of whom were rewarded as West Ham ran out 3-0 winners"

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So the thread is about something nobody (much) would care about if it was Brighton, but it wasn't anyway it was Millwall.

It happens, don't beat yourself up about it but feel a Nelson Muntz coming on.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
quite interested in their new stadium.

Looks quality. Apparently was very noisy for the first game , bet it will take few years to get going though.

They will miss Upton Park before they know it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Lots of people I know who went not very happy about their "view" being a long long way from the pitch despite paying for what they perceived as "premium" tickets. Atmosphere was better than expected though, just couldn't see very much!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lots of people I know who went not very happy about their "view" being a long long way from the pitch despite paying for what they perceived as "premium" tickets. Atmosphere was better than expected though, just couldn't see very much!
I have wondered about how poor the view would be, but have been informed by many with an opinion in advance that it would be fine.

It seems the jury is still out then.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I used to like the Boleyn ground, proper old fashioned stadium among the people who supported it. of course most of those people have now moved to Essex, but nevertheless always liked the atmosphere round the ground and watching angry bald cockernees inside the ground was fun too

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
West Ham will need to win the Champions League 3 seasons running for Newham rate payers to see a good return on the £292m investment

The stadium is one of the biggest farces of our time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here