Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

SDG

May 26, 2014
Up north they're regarded as the team that's replaced Wigan as the small club in the Premier League. No one really comments on football or players but always mentions the Always Ultras.

Indeed, absolutely no-one has heard the calls for Dann and Ward to be in contention for the England squad.

No-one has commented on Bolasie, Zaha or even Murray.

No-one at all.

For such a loyal Brighton fan, why do you live up north?

Back on topic, I would like Bournemouth to come up as they are a decent team, with a very good young manager who has succeeded in 2 different spells there now. Like Burnley, I hope if Bournemouth come up, they stay up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Erm... Isn't that just called great vocal support... and belief in what your team can do... aka positivity...???? Although judging by your atmosphere last Friday you'd know little of that...

Really? :yawn: Give it up... You guys' obsession with FFP and AFC Bournemouth passing it is bordering on 'really scary'...

...and you know this how exactly...? what's that?? Oh, ok... you don't.. Thought so...!!!!!

It's nice to see that some posters on this thread/board are reasoned enough to see that we are where we are because 'currently' we are the best in the league... Yep, we've played pretty averagely for the past few games, but we're still picking up points as we go along...

You'd have thought you'd have better and bigger thing to worry about than 'lil old tinpot' us...

PS...

Coming for someone that lives in Southampton... :laugh:

Nah it wasn't great vocal support - it was a few handfuls OUTSIDE the ground. Despite BMuff bringing many more than they normally do (which incidentally many people commented was still shit numbers for a local away game when you're top of the league) you were hugely quiet and the North were way louder..

As for FFP - it's more a case of 'identify the cheats' than being obsessed with it mate. Fair play to BMuff for what they've done - was just checking they hadn't cheated to get there as that would mean their position is irrelevant essentially...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed, absolutely no-one has heard the calls for Dann and Ward to be in contention for the England squad.

No-one has commented on Bolasie, Zaha or even Murray.

No-one at all.

For such a loyal Brighton fan, why do you live up north?

Back on topic, I would like Bournemouth to come up as they are a decent team, with a very good young manager who has succeeded in 2 different spells there now. Like Burnley, I hope if Bournemouth come up, they stay up.

No offence but why are you even posting on a thread about Bmouth in an Albion message board? And bringing palace into it - seeing the same boring palace names on this thread is annoying. We're not actually obsessed with you and are concentrating on our own issues so do move on - try bbs..

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
David has a point though. If you are a Bournemouth fan you should be relishing your moment in the sun, not getting your pants wet because a few fans of another club are saying uncomplimentary things about them on a message board they don't need to visit or read.

Yor 'avin a laff mush!

The moment in the sun comes about, because football being a tribal thing, is about getting one over on the other tribe(s)
When it's the neighbours, or near-neighbours, there is a piquancy involved and such a thing is best savoured, more often than twice a year.

You could wander over to our board and see plenty of comments acknowledging Sussex bods who are realistic but the real fun is in the splutterings of those who believe in a correct order of things and that any upsetting of said order engenders curmudgeonly and churlish viewpoints.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Yor 'avin a laff mush!

The moment in the sun comes about, because football being a tribal thing, is about getting one over on the other tribe(s)
When it's the neighbours, or near-neighbours, there is a piquancy involved and such a thing is best savoured, more often than twice a year.

You could wander over to our board and see plenty of comments acknowledging Sussex bods who are realistic but the real fun is in the splutterings of those who believe in a correct order of things and that any upsetting of said order engenders curmudgeonly and churlish viewpoints.

Have you eaten a thesaurus?

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Think its more to do with the fact that they have highlighted how we have ****ed up our big chance and have been run by clowns. Stadium, training ground, big crowds, PLR and we will still be the last of the South Coast clubs to experience PL football. After years of shit we finally thought a bit of glory and glamour was on the way but blew but little Bournemouth will get there.

You've been in the First Division and got to the cup-final the year you got relegated. Football didn't suddenly begin in 1992 despite what Sky might want you to believe. All the crap written about Premiership records etc. is just that, crap.

A re-branding exercise to suit a meglomaniac antipodean with family history in terrorist support, doesn't mean that the Football League Division 1 suddenly vanished from the history books.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
the figures you see include segregation, away fans that don't sell out and season ticket holders who apparently don't turn up at every game, the vast majority of our games this season have been sold out as in there are no more tickets for sale despite many people wanting to buy them, then the attendance is called out as 10,600 etc, but we could have sold many more home tickets this season if we had the room.

Still doesn't explain your poor away showing, as per my previous post, for a club on the charge and on the verge of promotion, I would have thought you would have comfortably sold out your allocation, Sky or not.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
yor 'avin a laff mush!

when it's the neighbours, or near-neighbours, there is a piquancy involved and such a thing is best savoured, more often than twice a year.
Parklife!

you could wander over to our board and see plenty of comments acknowledging sussex bods who are realistic but the real fun is in the splutterings of those who believe in a correct order of things and that any upsetting of said order engenders curmudgeonly and churlish viewpoints.
Parklife!

SDG

May 26, 2014
No offence but why are you even posting on a thread about Bmouth in an Albion message board? And bringing palace into it - seeing the same boring palace names on this thread is annoying. We're not actually obsessed with you and are concentrating on our own issues so do move on - try bbs..

I suggest you read the post I quoted. I didn't bring Palace into it.

We have sand

Aug 25, 2014
Still doesn't explain your poor away showing, as per my previous post, for a club on the charge and on the verge of promotion, I would have thought you would have comfortably sold out your allocation, Sky or not.[/QUOTE

what answer are you looking for ? everyone knew it was going to be slightly lower than it should have been, as its been a bit of a slog recently what with sky having a hard on for us, and moving so many games, then as has been said we had Reading which was 3 days later not on sky and easier to get too, so it seems Brighton became "the one to miss" despite that 1800 tickets were sold out then there was pay on the gate, so despite 1700 odd that was quoted Bournemouth said "over 2 thousand" traveled so although not impressive its not low enough to need explanation, but i hope this helps

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For such a loyal Brighton fan, why do you live up north

Do all Palace fans live in Croydon ? No , some of them have moved around the country in their caravans. :facepalm:

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
I doubt 'corporates' are included in the away figure. There must've been the thick end of 50 in Reading's hospitality areas on Tuesday and similar at Villa. Didn't go to the BHA v AFCB game this season, so don't know what that was like but I do know that Harvey's for Charlton is nearly all AFCB support.

BHA v AFCB 2015.JPG

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Clucking bunch of double-post ar$e.

Anyway, where are Torquay and Plymouth (to say nothing of Calshot and Lee-on-the-Solent) if there are four 'south-coast clubs' and who moved the Rivers Test & Itchen eight miles south?

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Still doesn't explain your poor away showing, as per my previous post, for a club on the charge and on the verge of promotion, I would have thought you would have comfortably sold out your allocation, Sky or not.[/QUOTE

what answer are you looking for ? everyone knew it was going to be slightly lower than it should have been, as its been a bit of a slog recently what with sky having a hard on for us, and moving so many games, then as has been said we had Reading which was 3 days later not on sky and easier to get too, so it seems Brighton became "the one to miss" despite that 1800 tickets were sold out then there was pay on the gate, so despite 1700 odd that was quoted Bournemouth said "over 2 thousand" traveled so although not impressive its not low enough to need explanation, but i hope this helps

No answer required just quoting facts. Given from a health and safety perspective we have to accurately record (tickets sold), I am inclined to believe the 1744.

But the point is (again), it is a poor turnout for a team going for promotion, I'm not after a response....

You are clearly the best team in the league (based on the current table) and some of your wins (in terms of goals scored) have been exceptional, however, your support is poor and more fitting of a league 1/struggling championship club, vocally as has been highlighted by others it was very quiet. Even Brentford sold-out their end and they have smaller attendances than you I believe.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yor 'avin a laff mush!

"Near-neighbours"?? In the Championship alone we're closer to Charlton, Millwall, Fulham, Reading and Watford. Bournemouth are no more our neighbours than are Ipswich, Swindon or Oxford.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No answer required just quoting facts. Given from a health and safety perspective we have to accurately record (tickets sold), I am inclined to believe the 1744.

But the point is (again), it is a poor turnout for a team going for promotion, I'm not after a response....

You are clearly the best team in the league (based on the current table) and some of your wins (in terms of goals scored) have been exceptional, however, your support is poor and more fitting of a league 1/struggling championship club, vocally as has been highlighted by others it was very quiet. Even Brentford sold-out their end and they have smaller attendances than you I believe.

It was a decent turnout for a Friday night game also being shown live on Sky.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be interesting on the last day of the season if a win for Middlesbrough puts Bournemouth in the play off spots instead of automatic promotion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
i know as much everyone else about his companies and finances-nothing, he seems very secretive, so much so when we played Liverpool last year they had some special photo taken where every single person in the stadium could see themselves, his box was blurred out.

I cannot believe Paul Barber hasn't picked up on that and implemented it, nice little earner I would have thought and that's what it's all about as we strive to stay within FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here