Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which striker/strikers would you aim to bring in this summer?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Apparently you're sniffing around Bournemouth for Jayden Stockley.

or even Luton, where he's on loan....I personally would go for Kyle Lafferty, on loan in Turkey from Norwich......very impressed with his performance for NI the other night.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Sadly only on FL Show and Meridian News but he seems to assist most of their goals and a mate who is a Portsmouth fan, for his shame, goes into raptures about him.

Saw him against Mansfield Town 1-1 draw, nothing to right home about, in fact subbed after 60 odd minutes - only there because I promised my northern mate I would go with him.
you would have to see him at least half a dozen times to form a decent opinion of him I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw him against Mansfield Town 1-1 draw, nothing to right home about, in fact subbed after 60 odd minutes - only there because I promised my northern mate I would go with him.
you would have to see him at least half a dozen times to form a decent opinion of him I think.

I would agree but at £275k IMHO worth taking a chance if not good enough we could sell him to a Div 1 or 2 side to re coup our money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sadly only on FL Show and Meridian News but he seems to assist most of their goals and a mate who is a Portsmouth fan, for his shame, goes into raptures about him.

My Portsmouth mate, who I've been taking along to the evening games this season and is developing a soft spot for the Albion (and, rightly, rates Ince, Dunk, Tex and Kayal -- which suggests he knows a thing or two about our players) reckons he's really not much cop. The wide player that he rated at Portsmouth in recent years is one Matt Ritchie.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
My Portsmouth mate, who I've been taking along to the evening games this season and is developing a soft spot for the Albion (and, rightly, rates Ince, Dunk, Tex and Kayal -- which suggests he knows a thing or two about our players) reckons he's really not much cop. The wide player that he rated at Portsmouth in recent years is one Matt Ritchie.

Matt Richie is prem bound one way or another. He literally runs the show in bournemouth games.............his head value is probably around 8M, probably more........

el punal

Which striker/strikers would you think were realistic targets for BHA in order to compete for next season?

Ex prem, championship, league 1/2..........vanarama. Perhaps European or further afield?
I'm going to watch Eastleigh play next Saturday in the Conference against ??, so if I see anyone remotely useful or interested or know what that funny structure with a net is for, I will phone Mr. Hughton immediately.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I'll say it again, and I will keep on saying it.
Jonathan Soriano (29)
Spanish Striker plays for Red Bull Saltzberg
Top Scorer in Austrian Bundesliga 31 goal in 28 games
GET HIM IN.
BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!

1._SC_Sollenau_vs._FC_Red_Bull_Salzburg_2014-07-12_(071).jpg

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Easy to mock suggestions. Perhaps add something of note to the debate if you can..........

Ok, but come on Adebayor ! Realistic suggestions I have no idea as yet, I don't know who is out if contract/available or how much money we have to spend.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How about Adam Rooney of Aberdeen? Top scorer in Scotland with 30- odd goals, 27 years old, played under Hughton while at Birmingham. Poacher, penalty taker. Would be an upgrade on CMS AND a big saving on wages. AND he comes with a ready- made song!

It won't be Adam Rooney. At Championship level he didn't really cut it and CH only took him coz he was cheap acquisition for Birmingham from Inverness CT. Aberdeen would want a decent fee and CH hardly played him for Birmingham so he knows that he wasn't really good enough at Championship level.

Chris Wood is unlikely either because he will go for one big target man who can hold the ball up. Wood cant really do that..............................The situation with Bobby Zamora might be one to watch but his age might put Hughton off him.

I have a feeling it will be someone with a tried and tested Championship track record but there aint that many decent strikers in the Championship at the moment so I think there is a lot of scouting to be done between now and the end of the season.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Your comment about Martin is a tad wise after the event. CH probably didn't think Martin was the striker to keep Norwich in the PL, and probably had to move him out once he'd signed Hooper, RvW, etc. I suspect that he was probably right about Martin, but wrong about Hooper, RvW, etc.
There's one player that he's signed permanently for us, and Kayal is the business, and was bought on the cheap. We need to sign three central/wide forward players, and they need to be top notch. That will be the key to how to judge CH on his transfer dealings. For what it's worth, Best looks like a decent player, who's not terribly bright. He did two things yesterday that were extremely poor: he didn't close down Ruddy, when we might have got a corner out of it, or even prevent him from wasting time; he then berated the linesman. Beyond that, his movement and hold-up play yesterday which pretty good, although most people's views have been coloured by the first two things (and Best giving cause for such interpretations in earlier games).

Chris Martin although a decent striker comes with a lot of ''off field'' problems and had to leave Norwich. Our current scouts know the French and Dutch leagues very well so maybe that's an option but as mentioned in a previous post I think he will go for a tried and tested Championship striker or look to find a good young loanee from a Premiership club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We need a decent target man we had one and sold him although we didn't need to? I thought at the time that club statement was odd.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
I'll say it again, and I will keep on saying it.
Jonathan Soriano (29)
Spanish Striker plays for Red Bull Saltzberg
Top Scorer in Austrian Bundesliga 31 goal in 28 games
GET HIM IN.
BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!

View attachment 64337

If he comes over here will probably end up at Leeds if current news story is correct

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
CMS's time with us is surely over.

The wages are needed elsewhere.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
How about Adam Rooney of Aberdeen? Top scorer in Scotland with 30- odd goals, 27 years old, played under Hughton while at Birmingham. Poacher, penalty taker. Would be an upgrade on CMS AND a big saving on wages. AND he comes with a ready- made song!

Good call, hadn't even thought of him, although he may struggle in the championship

Last edited:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
New contract for CMS.......let's not pretend we will spend real money.

As much as fans may think he will be shipped out, I reckon JTS may have got this right. Surely if he was to be moved on then wouldn't we have tried to at least get a fee in jan for his services??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here