Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Most of us are in favour of organ donation right?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
There has been a call to change the organ donation register, so that you would have to opt out if you are not happy to donate.

Many are relaxed about this and will have no problem with donating.

Now us ladies might continue to feel that way but I wonder how many men would change their minds, if this becomes the next trend.....

https://news.sky.com/story/surgeons-perform-first-scrotum-and-penis-transplant-11344617

Now remember if you would accept a new organ, its only fair your willing to donate too.:eek:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Am I missing the "humour" here as the thread has been tagged? I guess I have as organ donation is really important; it can save / improve the lives of others when you are gone.

I have long been an advocate of the opting out system. When I die they can take whatever they like. I will be dead. I will no longer care.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Am I missing the "humour" here as the thread has been tagged? I guess I have as organ donation is really important; it can save / improve the lives of others when you are gone.

I have long been an advocate of the opting out system. When I die they can take whatever they like. I will be dead. I will no longer care.
I'm with you 100% on this issue. My children are also aware of my wishes. It's the next of kin/ relatives that are the stumbling block on this matter.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
There has been a call to change the organ donation register, so that you would have to opt out if you are not happy to donate.

Now us ladies might continue to feel that way but I wonder how many men would change their minds, if this becomes the next trend.....

https://news.sky.com/story/surgeons-perform-first-scrotum-and-penis-transplant-11344617

Now remember if you would accept a new organ, its only fair your willing to donate too.:eek:

Yeah that debate has been going round for yonks now. I really dont think there is a correct answer people wont opt out then families will kick off for religious reasons or personal preferences, then there will be law suits. Bit like people whinging about the government when they didnt bother to vote

My COMPLETELY personal opinion is well. Opt IN, but make it easier to do so (like when they do the Census) so everyone can opt IN/ OUT easily or heck, instead make an app on the smart phone to opt out with your fingerprint

I dunno. I guess I think it needs to be a postive Yes at somepoint rather than a Yes/No/Preference not registered. It'll be the 3rd option which will cause the issues of course

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nope not me, and I don't need to give a reason to anyone.

Same for me too. Also, IMO, it is more proof that the State feels it 'owns' us. They won't let us choose our time of death, and when we do finally die they feel they automatically have the right to distribute our organs as they see fit.

I appreciate that this is an emotive subject and others (especially if they're on a list for a transplant) will disagree, so this will probably be my only post as I don't want to get into a debate on the Rights and Wrongs.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Always been happy to share my privates with most people

There's a predictable @yourmum joke

Yes to organ donation indeed for moi if there's anything worth taking. Just a side thought though, how many lives would actually get saved by this? is it 10/100s/10000s. We cant keep saving everyone for ever, we're over crowded as it is

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Same for me too. Also, IMO, it is more proof that the State feels it 'owns' us. They won't let us choose our time of death, and when we do finally die they feel they automatically have the right to distribute our organs as they see fit.

I appreciate that this is an emotive subject and others (especially if they're on a list for a transplant) will disagree, so this will probably be my only post as I don't want to get into a debate on the Rights and Wrongs.

Yep very good post if it is your only one, sums most of it up

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think they should limit people with a high BMI from donating though.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I carry a full job lot donor card though i wonder how much of me would be reusable , whoever gets my eyebrows can i just say i'm so terribly sorry .

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Once I'm gone, they can help themselves to anything of use - not like I'll be needing any of it any more.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

No i think it should remain opt in., im in favour of donation but there have bee cases where doctors wanted the organs , were very keen to withdraw life support and the person has recovered.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm with you 100% on this issue. My children are also aware of my wishes. It's the next of kin/ relatives that are the stumbling block on this matter.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Did you click the link and see which ORGAN was being used?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

I would GUESS thats what possibly a majority of people think. (and for like minded people seems obvious). But there's so many arguments for and against, religion, ethics, dead persons rights, the paper work got lost

I am a hypocrite, in that I dont carry a donor cad, havent seen one at my quacks for years but they can help themselves. A post on NSC isnt going to make that legally binding though. If it came in to opt out I would no way opt out, but bottom line if I am honest is I have been to lazy to opt IN. So no one knows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here