Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] University of Brighton - Sabbaticals Announcement

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
Why not look at the Arab slave trade? Went on for longer and a far bigger scale? But I suppose this doesn't fit in with the leftist narrative.[/QUOTE]

But the aim is to look for a gap in research and to enquire and learn more about how it functioned. Why would you look at the Arab slave trade when, which owing to the fact it went on for longer and on a far bigger scale, there is already lots of academia on the subject? You wouldn't get any funding for that, or very little because there is, arguably, not a lot to gain from doing even more research on it.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Why not look at the Arab slave trade? Went on for longer and a far bigger scale? But I suppose this doesn't fit in with the leftist narrative.

But the aim is to look for a gap in research and to enquire and learn more about how it functioned. Why would you look at the Arab slave trade when, which owing to the fact it went on for longer and on a far bigger scale, there is already lots of academia on the subject? You wouldn't get any funding for that, or very little because there is, arguably, not a lot to gain from doing even more research on it.[/QUOTE]

There’s no point engaging with him, he’s a WUM. He just called a Humanities professor researching the Trans-Atlantic slave trade ‘absurd’.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
But the aim is to look for a gap in research and to enquire and learn more about how it functioned. Why would you look at the Arab slave trade when, which owing to the fact it went on for longer and on a far bigger scale, there is already lots of academia on the subject? You wouldn't get any funding for that, or very little because there is, arguably, not a lot to gain from doing even more research on it.

There’s no point engaging with him, he’s a WUM. He just called a Humanities professor researching the Trans-Atlantic slave trade ‘absurd’.[/QUOTE]

What about the Jewish Portuguese Slave trade?

Actually, maybe not. You get accused of Antisemitism to point that out.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Calm down, dear. I was merely mocking your careless typing and juxtaposing this with your mocking of the mysterious mores of acadmic sabatticals (which sounds a bit like a Scottish lower league footy team, if you say it too quickly). I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition. But I do note the strength of your feeling on this matter. :bowdown::thumbsup::lolol:

I refer you to my heritage vegetables thread (created for you) go over there and you'll see what I mean.

My careless typing? WTF is this a Pittmanns exam?

Oh, I see. Because my predictive text iPad made a boo boo I can't comment on pointless research because, I guess, I'm too thick to count.

Be assured, PC Grammar, I will watch my nose from now on.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
So is that just spending a year going online and talking dirty to people or am I over simplifying this?

Now with photo of Dr Myketiak.

Going by other recent posts of yours, you were probably hugely surprised to find they even let her in the workplace, much less trusted her to do any kind of research. She's almost certainly far too emotional and indecisive to be a professional in any capacity, surely, what with her being a woman and all that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Going by other recent posts of yours, you were probably hugely surprised to find they even let her in the workplace, much less trusted her to do any kind of research. She's almost certainly far too emotional and indecisive to be a professional in any capacity, surely, what with her being a woman and all that.

More than likely Edna.

Nice of you to side with the mysogynists for a change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I refer you to my heritage vegetables thread (created for you) go over there and you'll see what I mean.

My careless typing? WTF is this a Pittmanns exam?

Oh, I see. Because my predictive text iPad made a boo boo I can't comment on pointless research because, I guess, I'm too thick to count.

Be assured, PC Grammar, I will watch my nose from now on.

Chill your boots. I like your posts. Just pulling your plonk. :thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Why not look at the Arab slave trade? Went on for longer and a far bigger scale? But I suppose this doesn't fit in with the leftist narrative.

But the aim is to look for a gap in research and to enquire and learn more about how it functioned. .[/QUOTE]

No it isn't, its straight up identity politics.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

There’s no point engaging with him, he’s a WUM. He just called a Humanities professor researching the Trans-Atlantic slave trade ‘absurd’.[/QUOTE]

Button it you cuck.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm not sure why you're being quite so waspish.

If I started a thread on here about heritage vegetables I'd be laughed off the board. It would be more interesting than most of the crap on here

If I then announced that I'd like you all to help fund me to have 6 months off...which is what these academics are effectively asking you to do...in order to write a book about heritage vegetables that, I imagine, I would then be payed to do..then you'd be laughing in my face, or at least I hope you would. As I would be a tit. No, you would academically challenged

If you are keen on spunking cash on pointless endeavours then I'm waiting with my hand out. I can write a thesis about virtual sex or whatever you want. Go on then

Christ knows if I submitted a thesis titled like some of those guys I wouldn't even get the bugger marked. I did and it was

And while I'm at it...this is a Brighton and Hove Albion fan site. It's dedicated to football. Which is a working class pursuit enjoyed by often drunken men. This site is riddled with threads that have nothing to do with Brighton and Hove Albion or even football in general. Football is classless, although better observed when drunk

We don't have a forum entitled "academia today" pity where Dr. hillbilly can take six months to think about war crimes and mans inhumanity to man (Dr Dunford doesn't even need to come up with s solution for his 10k btw) then fair dos. Sneering because I "don't understand academics" is..
a) judgemental. You don't know who or what I am. I might be Brian Cox for all you know. Bet you're not
b) assumes that I can't recognise a crock of shit when I see it. Jealousy, jealousy - just because they turned your application down

Behave yourself or get onto the OU forum to discuss loftier things.What's your beef with OU? Did they fail your essay as well?

:moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports