Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
and saying minsters should resign is a political gesture, it doesnt fix the problem or address the reasons. we have a stupidly convoluted system of citizen, subject, commonwealth subject, right of abode (new one on me, relevent here), leave to remain (just look as those words) etc, that changed a half dozen times in legislation. im very surprised this application of rules has carried on for so long without become a public affair, because its not the intent to deport peoples from 50 years ago, but to address a politcally sensitive issue of benefit/health tourism. someone cocked up on drafting the legislation (should have exempted those before 1971 Immigration Act, possibly 1982 legislation too), and the Home Office has been typically British in appling the rules even though they dont make sense to the individual circumstances. lets see if they fix that, then if they dont is time to ask for heads.

This
The legislation to protect us the taxpayers from fraudulent illegals is a sound policy, I don’t know whose side people are on who call this policy “hostile”, certainly not on the side of me a taxpayer. The policy has though caught out a group of people by accident who were never intended to be involved in it. It seems this problem is being addressed though which is good news.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I am not ignoring it, but cannot see why the words far-right rhetoric has got you into such a tizzy.

It hasn't, he's just homing in on it and flogging it to death to distract and annoy you and dismiss your arguments. It's how the sad sacks of the internet get their kicks (case in point : looney).

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The flies around the figure represent poverty not race(see my response in my last post), if you cant tell the difference between poverty and its negative impacts then I cant help you.

Bullshit and you know it. The flies represent one thing and one thing only, a dirty Mexican. But it's what you and all the dank meme swapping saddos do for a laugh in your crusty tissued basements isn't it? Post shit, wait for a reaction, then say it's a joke, or something different (represents poverty, ha!). Grow up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It hasn't, he's just homing in on it and flogging it to death to distract and annoy you and dismiss your arguments. It's how the sad sacks of the internet get their kicks (case in point : looney).
Correct, it hasnt got me in a tizzy
But nope, just disagree with dickheads labelling something far-right when it clearly isnt.
These pricks add nothing to the debate,they belittle the real meaning of far-right with their political rhetoric, complete and utter bedwetting tossers......not surprised you support them.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Exactly what he does. That's why I put him on ignore. He's an angry waste of space.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

It's nothing to do with sides. The implementation of the legislation is at best incompetent and at worst illegal - it is definately immoral. Yes as a taxpayer I want my money protected from common thieves BUT not to the detriment of innocent people losing their jobs, their homes, their legal residency. I'd rather it cost me a few extra quid in tax and avoid this mess. I know, why don't we apply these rules to EVERYONE - can't provide documentation for every year you've lived here ? Bad luck - you're off to Iceland.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Absolute_child_poverty.PNG

_94224674_health_spending_growth.png

united-kingdom-long-term-unemployment-rate.png

View attachment 96096

facebook.png

Not all bad then ..
You have owned him very nicely sir.... soundbite student union politics can never stand up to raw stats.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A couple of points that maybe haven't been made.

Reference the Home Office versus the Home Secretary, a report on the radio over the weekend, described the Home Office policy as refusing to accept any appeals and insisting everything goes to a hearing. Their success rate on appeals is I believe around 50%. This is very costly to the public purse, but more importantly it is putting people through unnecessary uncertainty and stress.

The prime minister's refusal to meet Caribbean Heads of Government to discuss this, when they are already in London for Commonwealth meeting, just looks really poor, short sighted and dare I say it smacks of Little Englander mentality.

D

Deleted member 22389

This
The legislation to protect us the taxpayers from fraudulent illegals is a sound policy, I don’t know whose side people are on who call this policy “hostile”, certainly not on the side of me a taxpayer. The policy has though caught out a group of people by accident who were never intended to be involved in it. It seems this problem is being addressed though which is good news.

I agree. This is probably one of the most welcoming and generous countries in the world, unfortunately over the years our system has been abused, and like any government should do they put in measures to stop this. On occasions things go wrong, but like always things get twisted as much as possible to make the tories look like the bad guys in all this. On the news they said nobody had been deported.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
NGOs and orgs youve worked with are part of the problem, ie providing a Taxi service across the med for illegal immigrants..

The flies around the figure represent poverty not race(see my response in my last post), if you cant tell the difference between poverty and its negative impacts then I cant help you.

Also becoming a bleeding heart because some have a sob story isn't solved by making everyone have a sob story, but nuances like this are totally lost on you.

"has suggested or posted anything racist or unsympathetic."

This is where you endulge the "Tyranny of the left". Just because I am offering a different solution does not make me unsympathetic, it means I do not believe your "Solutions" will work and have a better idea.

If you think you can promote one solution and respond with emotional arguments to all others your not going to get very far. This is wondering oftopic with your snowflakery, my original point was that DACA and whats going on in the UK have many similarities.

_100904517_daily-mail.jpg

When this lost disagree with your view you've sailed beyond redemption...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Bullshit and you know it. The flies represent one thing and one thing only, a dirty Mexican. But it's what you and all the dank meme swapping saddos do for a laugh in your crusty tissued basements isn't it? Post shit, wait for a reaction, then say it's a joke, or something different (represents poverty, ha!). Grow up.

All you have to do is google up skid row California utube and theres plenty of evidence its everywhere. You only have to watch 3 mins of this one to get the idea. Its news the MSM doesn't want you to hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEywCppqeZo

Your also conflating 2 or 3 issues here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been registered as a resident of Japan for 11 years. I'm now classed as a "permanent resident" which is as close as you can get to being a Japanese citizen without switching passports.

Unsurprisingly it seems that the NSC Tory brigade are out in force, trying to defend the indefensible. Some of the attempts to save a bit of face with the usual "yeah but Labour...." rhetoric are truly reprehensible.

I’ve been registered here for 5. I really and truly cannot understand why the U.K. does not have a register like Germany, Japan and many other developed nations. Genuine question: why does the U.K. not have a register? Can anyone explain why?

Instead people have to cobble together evidence. It’s a total farce which has now, due to May’s law change, resulted in decent people being forcibly removed to nations they have never known. Utterly disgusting, and the sooner we get this far-right shower of shit out of government the better. And it’s also disgusting that some are trying to defend it.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
You genuinely believe that the intention of this policy was to deport those who have lived here for years and have a right to do so, and this isn't a tragic case of the baby being thrown out with the bathwater?

And in what way is or will back-tracking occur? I certainly would not expect the government to, metaphorically at least, open up and allow all-comers to use our services, and why would they? What clearly needs to happen is a shift in the burden of proof required, such that those who have lived here for many years are able to easily illustrate that and get on with living their lives in the country they call home.
I am often at a loss on here when reading particularly the left wing polarised responses, that they cannot also see the wider picture on this type of issue. Why can't they see that this nation's officials make all the usual human mistakes from time to time, but this is separate and different to a concerted and organised policy of discrimination and bigotry.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 96111

When this lost disagree with your view you've sailed beyond redemption...

They are not disagreeing with my view. I didn't say the Gov was doing the right thing in this case I said it was comparrble. The UK has let to many people in, it(the gov) knows this and starts tightening things up, some of the wrong people got caught up in it. The OP and you are using an outlier to attack a general point.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I’d go for identity cards. Would solve a plethora of issues unless you’ve got something to hide.

Time for them back on the agenda
They could instruct who has permission to be here(resident status), who is entitled to health care, who can rent property, who can access benefits........there are some though on here who detest stopping free loaders because its Tory

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Where is the proof that this has been implemented, as you say, out of spite?

My son has a friend at his school from an Indian family. The father of that family as good as told me that once a year some of his relatives from India fly in to the UK, go through some sort of process that means they can continue to claim UK benefits, before flying home again.

I'm fortunate that I've never had the need, yet, to seek any sort of state support so I don't know how feasible this is, but it certainly sounded pretty easy for them to do.

As such, I do have support for legislation that seeks to reduce the ability of those to take from this country without giving back. The Windrush group are clearly not part of that. Maybe it's because I approach things with a positive mindset, believing that most people are fundamentally decent and seek to do the right thing, that I believe this could be more a case of ill-thought out and/or badly administered than a genuine attempt to deport people who deserve to live here.

I'm well aware that your political leanings may make such an approach difficult for you take however.

I am really struggling here to understand what benefits could be claimed in these circumstances. Could this be grants or tax exemptions? Either way I am not sure this is directly relevant to a discussion on residency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here