Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton - King of Cool; the most hipster city in the world.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
12717249_755491867883772_827258899135291840_n.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes I am south of the blackboy up from the garage and school green. Lived here 12 years now, the amount of new house being put in is incredible at the moment, soon there will be no gap between Shinfield and Spensers Wood
Yes I deliver to these sites with my lorry and Moffett and the science park and building around there,lower early and Wokingham etc is unreal and quiet sad really as it's all becoming a concrete jungle.Even crowthorne has huge developments the size of villages.
When you go out delivering you get to see the incredible amount of developments.

Well done for buying in the south side:clap2:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Old person complaining that things were better in their day?

Not really HT, it is just that one's 'requirements' change as one gets older. For example, haven't got much use for nightclubs now, but I am not yet at the zimmer frame stage.:)
Actually, there are few things that I would say were better in 'my day'. Life is so much better nowadays in so many ways.
As an aside, I used to spend a great deal of my working life in London and whilst I enjoyed much of it, I never wanted to live there.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I agree with each to their own and therefore I wouldn't go on a Bournemouth related forum and say things like "there is very little that I now like about it" and "can't stand the fu---ng chaviness of the place and some of the inhabitants". I would consider that rude. Oh and I'm well into my 50s.

Oneillco, it is quite possible to separate the support of a football team,(one that I have followed since 1963) with actually liking the town in which it is situated.
As I said, I used to like Brighton many years ago, but let us say, we have drifted apart.
By the way, when has being rude ever been a barrier to posting on NSC?:ohmy::)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Apologies about my comment re: Scotland and Wales. I haven’t been to every city in Scotland and Wales , it’s just the ones I have been to , haven’t been anything to write home about. Except Edinburgh. There may well be nice cities I haven’t been to, I was wrong to be quite so dismissive and apologise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does seems whoever did the index hasn't been to Berlin lately. Still quite cheap but not for long

Exactly. I don’t believe for one minute the increase is, on average, 20%.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Apologies about my comment re: Scotland and Wales. I haven’t been to every city in Scotland and Wales , it’s just the ones I have been to , haven’t been anything to write home about. Except Edinburgh. There may well be nice cities I haven’t been to, I was wrong to be quite so dismissive and apologise.

A lot of it is still shite though.
Throw much of England in there too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Apology accepted! I live in a beautiful part of Wales so try the North next time you visit. Just not Rhyl, that is a shithole!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Oneillco, it is quite possible to separate the support of a football team,(one that I have followed since 1963) with actually liking the town in which it is situated.
As I said, I used to like Brighton many years ago, but let us say, we have drifted apart.
By the way, when has being rude ever been a barrier to posting on NSC?:ohmy::)

Well certainly in the US they manage to separate teams (franchises) from their location, but for me English football is all about local pride and support for your local team. Brighton has its faults of course but it's my city and my team.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thought this might be of interest.Sorry if it's not that clear-playing with new scanner.

001 (2).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here