Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Merson tips us to go down

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Let's face it, we're collectively never going to agree on whether the Amex atmosphere is (relatively) good or not. Even the away fans can't agree on that - I've heard everything from 'amazing atmosphere, best we've heard' to 'library' from them. My personal view is that when it really gets going it takes some beating, but it's not a ground design that lends itself to generating that 'immediate' electric atmosphere you quickly get at some grounds (mainly grounds with steeper banked stands, big kop ends, fans closer to the pitch).

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just doing his Super 6 picks on SSN and says it will be an easy win for Leicester, he must be back on the sauce. Funny how he spunked all his career millions away on gambling and now he is on SKY giving out tips

#****

To be fair, there's every reason why it might be - Leicester looked great against Arsenal last Friday and actually it wouldn't surprise me to see them challenging the top 6 or 7 again. Since they won the title, they've sold Kante and bought Slimani , so their squad is pretty settled and barely changed from their title winning season. 3-0 to them really wouldn't surprise me.

As for us, the real tests will be West Brom and Watford, IMO.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be fair, there's every reason why it might be - Leicester looked great against Arsenal last Friday and actually it wouldn't surprise me to see them challenging the top 6 or 7 again. Since they won the title, they've sold Kante and bought Slimani , so their squad is pretty settled and barely changed from their title winning season. 3-0 to them really wouldn't surprise me.
It was the way he said it that was more annoying - just completely dismissive - "Easy win for Leicester, Brighton were disappointing last week". No discussion, consideration.
Tbh, I've got Leicester winning 2-1 on my Super Six entry, but I'm not calling it an easy win for Leicester. I think it will be tight, but ultimately home advantage will make the difference.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

As for us, the real tests will be West Brom and Watford, IMO.

and a manager who is completely unproven and clueless - he and only he is to blame for losing last Friday. No experienced manager would take off a CM and put another striker on when 3-2 up away from home with 5 left to play in normal time.

Looks like they're gonna lose Mahrez and Drinkwater too

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
From the brilliant HTFC-World

crystalpalace120817_r6_c3.jpg

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It was the way he said it that was more annoying - just completely dismissive - "Easy win for Leicester, Brighton were disappointing last week". No discussion, consideration.
Tbh, I've got Leicester winning 2-1 on my Super Six entry, but I'm not calling it an easy win for Leicester. I think it will be tight, but ultimately home advantage will make the difference.

Exactly if he gave his bets as much thought as he did our match then it's no wonder he spunked all his money away

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Remember; these are the same ex-playing 'experts' who were in denial re The Foxes title win almost up until they won it! So naturally we're now going to be humiliated by Jamie Vardy and co. It's catch phrase punditry, say what you see, for the bias, elitist and not the most well informed/read.

Again, naturally, we don't really see it that way.

It's time for the boys to ram Merson's words down his rather fat gullet.

Albion.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Merson’s final table from pre season.
C217354C-1997-4B87-8788-7D7AF1FCEC0E.jpeg

SS Pundits now- to be relegated.

Paul Merson- WB, Udders, Stains.

Charlie Nicholas- WB, Udders Wet Sham.

Phil Thompson- WB, Stains, Udders.

Matt Le Tissier - WB, Stoke, Udders.

They each say West Brom and Huddersfield are doomed, with Southampton battling Stoke and West Ham for the final spot.

But we all know these pundits don’t know shit!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Merson’s final table from pre season.
View attachment 95198

SS Pundits now- to be relegated.

Paul Merson- WB, Udders, Stains.

Charlie Nicholas- WB, Udders Wet Sham.

Phil Thompson- WB, Stains, Udders.

Matt Le Tissier - WB, Stoke, Udders.

They each say West Brom and Huddersfield are doomed, with Southampton battling Stoke and West Ham for the final spot.

But we all know these pundits don’t know shit!
I assume you're on course for getting 18 of the 20 places correct?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here