Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
http://brightonsports.co.uk/brighton-trailblazer-run

Not for me. Walked around the Castle Hill Nature Reserve a few times and it's beautiful BUT the path is narrow and the pictures on the website show a big mass of runners. It only opens up near the finish with a lovely grassy stretch rather like a horse gallop. No water station does not make it an ideal summer run.

I wouldn't mind the Bevendean Parkrun this month. If you're interested I could give you a lift. Set a day and I'll be there.

A mate has suggested doing all four parkruns back to back – ending up at 9am at Hove Park one Saturday soon. That's the only time I'm likely to run Bevandean (although I AM getting more interested in off-road, and am probably going to be Tough Mudder-ing in October).

In other news, I'm almost certainly going to be playing away from home next Saturday for the launch of Worthing parkrun. Sounds and looks pretty much like some of the route from yesterday and, while it has a *bit* of a Hove Prom feel to it, a straight out and back is preferable to going back and forth a whole load of times. Anyone else heading down?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
http://brightonsports.co.uk/brighton-trailblazer-run

Not for me. Walked around the Castle Hill Nature Reserve a few times and it's beautiful BUT the path is narrow and the pictures on the website show a big mass of runners. It only opens up near the finish with a lovely grassy stretch rather like a horse gallop. No water station does not make it an ideal summer run.

I wouldn't mind the Bevendean Parkrun this month. If you're interested I could give you a lift. Set a day and I'll be there.

I could do this week if it suits? I can't plan too far ahead as potentially exchanging on a house this week.

I also need some divine intervention from your good pal Jesus.

Is this the guy http://www.coralfitness.co.uk/sports-injuries-clinics

My left hamstring is getting tighter and tighter and it can't be far off going so want to book in tomorrow or Wednesday morning.
[MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - the back to back park runs sound good maybe bring Worthing into the fold too, for the grand slam.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I could do this week if it suits? I can't plan too far ahead as potentially exchanging on a house this week.

My left hamstring is getting tighter and tighter and it can't be far off going so want to book in tomorrow or Wednesday morning.
[MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - the back to back park runs sound good maybe bring Worthing into the fold too, for the grand slam.

Hmm, given that we're on foot between them all that would either be a very early start, or a late finish! I think just the B&H ones will suffice for now. Trev's worked it out to be around 21 miles, but I'm not so sure...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

That's the guy but a bit older than his photo. [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] said he is off till end of June though.
Let me know Friday if you want to do Bevendean. I think a hilly course should be avoided until that hamstring is unwound.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hmm, given that we're on foot between them all that would either be a very early start, or a late finish! I think just the B&H ones will suffice for now. Trev's worked it out to be around 21 miles, but I'm not so sure...

I like the barmy challenges you take on and that you organise yourselves. Great English eccentricity! I'll only be there for your last one though.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Anyone know why the Discovery Run at Petworth is not on this year? Looks a nice one.

This doesn't help but have no idea. Dd this last year and have been looking out for news about it but seems to have completely disappeared. Shame as it was in lovely grounds and a choice of distances. Needed some things tweeking but thought they were in for the long haul.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This doesn't help but have no idea. Dd this last year and have been looking out for news about it but seems to have completely disappeared. Shame as it was in lovely grounds and a choice of distances. Needed some things tweeking but thought they were in for the long haul.
It's a shame when that happens. I remember running the Gatwick Half back in early 2000s and it was agreat race. Then it just disappeared forever..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mojo well and truly back (finally!) – so don't fear everyone else stuck in a bit of a rut. Took on the big hill to Truleigh as part of a early 10k. Then a brutal circuit training session, which including a round of light running.

Depending on the wind, I might get to sub 22 again (first time in ages) at Worthing parkrun on Saturday...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1201852993

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Mojo well and truly back (finally!) – so don't fear everyone else stuck in a bit of a rut. Took on the big hill to Truleigh as part of a early 10k. Then a brutal circuit training session, which including a round of light running.

Depending on the wind, I might get to sub 22 again (first time in ages) at Worthing parkrun on Saturday...

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1201852993

Pleased to hear you're back. I'm booked in with a session at Physio Rooms up the Droveway. Haven't used them before but with Jesus on a sabbatical, it seems a good option as they come recommended.

Tried 3 miles today and although it eased its getting pretty painful now. Hopefully on for Park Run still Saturday and longer term the NSC weakest link and Phoenix.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pleased to hear you're back. I'm booked in with a session at Physio Rooms up the Droveway. Haven't used them before but with Jesus on a sabbatical, it seems a good option as they come recommended.

Tried 3 miles today and although it eased its getting pretty painful now. Hopefully on for Park Run still Saturday and longer term the NSC weakest link and Phoenix.

Thanks mate – yeah I need to up my game for Weakest Link, because that will DEFFO be me the way things had been going.

Hope you get fixed up soon – pretty sure you'll be smashing through that 40 mins 10k barrier soon. I'm gonna tempt fate, but I've never had a running injury and I don't intend to start now...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks mate – yeah I need to up my game for Weakest Link, because that will DEFFO be me the way things had been going.

Hope you get fixed up soon – pretty sure you'll be smashing through that 40 mins 10k barrier soon. I'm gonna tempt fate, but I've never had a running injury and I don't intend to start now...

Never had a running injury. That is incredible. Do you stretch? Are you elastic limbed?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Never had a running injury. That is incredible. Do you stretch? Are you elastic limbed?

Nope, not really. Bad really, but I'm obviously just lucky...

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
The fear of getting left for dead at Phoenix got me out today for the first time in 2.5 weeks. Knee still unhappy but overall things felt OK and seemed to get better the further I went. Lots of stretching (@Greg Bobkin! Lucky bugger) and hopefully can continue tomorrow.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Managed four and a half very sweaty miles at snail's pace this morning. Calf and left achilies are unhappy about it. Clearly football uses parts of you that running doesn't touch. Will be stretching. foam rolling and generally being careful for a couple of days. Currently in awe of [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] 's injury record.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Warm out there tonight, probably too warm for hills but hey ho, glad I got out again. 4 and a half slow miles

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's the Hove Park Gods protecting you, whatever you do, don't ever do a parkrun elsewhere.....oh hang on!
Ha ha! This week I'll be running not just a different course, but in a different COUNTY 😨

There may be trouble ahead...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Will it be marginally your local Parkrun?

Nope. Hove Park is 0.2 miles closer to me. Which is odd, because some Doris from Southwick was saying the other week how happy she was that there was a parkrun in Worthing because she found it difficult to get to HP? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here