Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
maybe. if we want to be flippant about it, we could ask why not just overhaul our entire legal system so it matches the european way.:flypig:

Yes - We mustn't engage and adapt things with regards to our EU membership, let alone on immigration - We're British. We're taking full control of our borders and controlling immigration in the future after Brexit, despite continuing to have an open, uncontrolled arrangement afterwards with a foreign country and allowing anyone from their nearly 5 Million population now the full right to come and live here tomorrow if they want.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
sorry to butt in to the emerging binfest, but there's an important point here and perhaps the root the problems with our relationship with EU. there may be legislation in this area, however what there is is unenforceable because we do not have mechanisms to record residency, and in conflict with other legislation where local authorities and other institutions are obliged to act first and question later (put crudely for brevity). our law and systems are not quite compatible with those in Europe which take a more proscriptive approach.

Which is down to our government, not the nasty EU saying we have to take in all and sundry, every day for evermore.
Each country is fre to make its own laws & systems.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The fact is that less than 10% of England is urbanised so when you talk of available space and the implication that the UK is full up because of "frightening population growth" is patently a complete load of bollocks. But people like you never let facts get in the way of their stupid, simplistic and bigoted thought processes. It's a pity we can deport you and let more EU nationals in as I am sure that the UK would be a much better place!

Thats the spirit, chuck out the Brits in favour of those not born here.I applaud your Europhile thinking.
But taking away the fact i never said the UK is full up why do you think a population increase the size of Birmingham or Newcastle (choose somewhere else if you prefer) year on year after year on year would have no impact.
How much countryside are you prepared to lose year after tear to meet the demands of population growth, is there a threshold of self sufficiency via farmland you are not prepared to go under or is it full steam ahead, concrete over if needs must? Where is the money coming from for the increased infrastructure for the extra roads, schools, hospitals, housing needed. Dont know if you have noticed but we are struggling with the money tree as it is.
At which point do you say a city the size of Birmingham every year is getting too much......10 years.....15 years........30....50. Which point will you recognise the pop but not understand the consequences..........too late i reckon.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yet you have called me and others liars, amongst many other abusive terms.
I haven't repeatedly misinformed anyone, so stop exaggerating.

I've just posted a link with no comment, so try to pick the lies out of that.

If you dont want to be called a liar share the legislation which means we can control our EU borders the same as our non EU borders.......very simple............you have said we have always had control of our borders but didnt bother, share the EU mechanism that permits visa permits for entry and quotas. on EU nationals.........no need to keep the info to yourself

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Which is down to our government, not the nasty EU saying we have to take in all and sundry, every day for evermore.
Each country is fre to make its own laws & systems.

perhaps, though isnt it worth at least understanding how we got where we are rather than simply dismissing the problems and causes? i never heard anyone suggest we needed to change our legislation around residency to meet EU norms and thus address the "problem" of immigration. if/when we stay in the EU all these issues will remain unresolved.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
perhaps, though isnt it worth at least understanding how we got where we are rather than simply dismissing the problems and causes? i never heard anyone suggest we needed to change our legislation around residency to meet EU norms and thus address the "problem" of immigration. if/when we stay in the EU all these issues will remain unresolved.

I'm afraid that there were people who told you what has always been available to the UK to control EU immigration (I've lost count of how many times on this thread alone), but has never been implemented. I suspect that you were too busy shouting 'project fear' to listen.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If you dont want to be called a liar share the legislation which means we can control our EU borders the same as our non EU borders.......very simple............you have said we have always had control of our borders but didnt bother, share the EU mechanism that permits visa permits for entry and quotas. on EU nationals.........no need to keep the info to yourself

Calling other people liars, the man who changes position more often than a £500 prostitute with Cystitis

NSCs own Walter Mitty :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Many Leavers on here believe that we should not remain in a customs union.

Not strictly accurate. Many leavers,me included, on here believe, we shouldn't remain in the CURRENT customs union. That's a small but very important point.

Last edited:

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Thats the spirit, chuck out the Brits in favour of those not born here.I applaud your Europhile thinking.
But taking away the fact i never said the UK is full up why do you think a population increase the size of Birmingham or Newcastle (choose somewhere else if you prefer) year on year after year on year would have no impact.
How much countryside are you prepared to lose year after tear to meet the demands of population growth, is there a threshold of self sufficiency via farmland you are not prepared to go under or is it full steam ahead, concrete over if needs must? Where is the money coming from for the increased infrastructure for the extra roads, schools, hospitals, housing needed. Dont know if you have noticed but we are struggling with the money tree as it is.
At which point do you say a city the size of Birmingham every year is getting too much......10 years.....15 years........30....50. Which point will you recognise the pop but not understand the consequences..........too late i reckon.

You really are completely and utterly stupid aren't you! I think you really believe all that crap in the Daily Mail. Pretty much all the EU migrants work and contribute taxes so they contribute to help pay for the infrastructure! And it would take thousands of years to concrete over and completely urbanise the uk. Finally if Brexit is a success (ha bloody ha!) and the economy grows the level of migration will more than likely be at be at current levels anyway! So where is you argument now about population growth!

The only way to curtail immigration, be it from the EU or the rest of the world is to make the UK less attractive and brexiteers seems to be doing a great job in that respect but unfortunately they are really ****ing up the country for everyone, themselves included! It is often the case that brexiteers call reamainers/remoaners traitors but I suspect that in future years when the history of these times is written then the consensus will be that the true patriots will be the remainers and that the true traitors will be the people who supported brexit! But by then is will be too late!

By the way having traveled all over the country following the Albion there are many, many Brits I would love to chuck out! :):albion2:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not strictly accurate. Many leavers on here believe, me included, we shouldn't remain in the CURRENT customs union. That's a small but very important point.

It is a very important difference as we discussed earlier when you thought i said 'the' when I actually said 'a' :wink:

And obviously, we don't know what leavers want as the vote wasn't specific about any aspect of this, but I would think it's a reasonable assumption that there were many not wanting to remain in 'a' or 'the', which was what Lincoln Imp said.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You really are completely and utterly stupid aren't you! I think you really believe all that crap in the Daily Mail. Pretty much all the EU migrants work and contribute taxes so they contribute to help pay for the infrastructure! And it would take thousands of years to concrete over and completely urbanise the uk. Finally if Brexit is a success (ha bloody ha!) and the economy grows the level of migration will more than likely be at be at current levels anyway! So where is you argument now about population growth!

The only way to curtail immigration, be it from the EU or the rest of the world is to make the UK less attractive and brexiteers seems to be doing a great job in that respect but unfortunately they are really ****ing up the country for everyone, themselves included! It is often the case that brexiteers call reamainers/remoaners traitors but I suspect that in future years when the history of these times is written then the consensus will be that the true patriots will be the remainers and that the true traitors will be the people who supported brexit! But by then is will be too late!

By the way having traveled all over the country following the Albion there are many, many Brits I would love to chuck out! :):albion2:

Lost your argument when you added expletives

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Excellent points, well made. I am also another proponent of the idea that Remainers are, and will be seen as, the true patriots.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm afraid that there were people who told you what has always been available to the UK to control EU immigration (I've lost count of how many times on this thread alone), but has never been implemented. I suspect that you were too busy shouting 'project fear' to listen.

i think you're confusing me for someone who is anti-immigration, and missing my point that the issue was never properly discussed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Not that I can see his/ her posts, but I assume pastawhatsisface will be on here telling us all it is fake news and all will be well as everyone in the world is battering down our doors to buy our....erm...whatever we make now

I do think that by having pastawhatsisface on ignore you are missing out on some of the funniest things on NSC. Admittedly, there is an awful lot of crap to sift through to unearth the Gems, but such is life :thumbsup:

(Please don't tell me you had him on ignore for the screenshot :lolol:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION], is everything okay?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
i think you're confusing me for someone who is anti-immigration, and missing my point that the issue was never properly discussed.

I don't think you're anti-immigration, and please don't think I'm picking on you, but you keep on doing it

These issues have been discussed numerous times throughout the whole Brexit debate (and not just on NSC). And time and time again you've proven that you just weren't listening

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here