Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have lost so much fitness since the marathon I'm struggling to get around 5 miles at my half marathon pace and it's not like I stopped running completely either. So frustrating.

Shoe chat: I have been wearing the stability versions of Adidas Ultra Boost for a few years now and love them, nice and light and OK to wear to the shops when you retire them from running. They are expensive new but I always buy last year's version online for £50-80.

8 weeks and counting for me. That elliptical trainer is doing my head in ☹️☹️

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Will try Hove Prom again tomorrow. Upping first 2 miles to just below tempo at 7:15 pace and then aim 6:45.

Tick.
7:11, 7:09,6:39. Soon be able to work out the Worthing 10K pace. Thinking 7:20. Don't want to break the bank.

Apologies to [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for not congratulating him on a SB but he had just held off a knocky finish with ease.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Princes Parkrun in Liverpool today. Slowish time, hungover (watch said 23:39). Nice course, friendly locals, several runners with Albion shirts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Tick.
7:11, 7:09,6:39. Soon be able to work out the Worthing 10K pace. Thinking 7:20. Don't want to break the bank.

Apologies to [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] for not congratulating him on a SB but he had just held off a knocky finish with ease.

Good one.

For me Worthing and 21.25 @ 76.89% AG. An SB and gets me a bit of 'clear blue water' between us until you (and others) start your mid season charge.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Yes, a reasonable number of youngish faster blokes in running club shirts. Toxteth is much less run down than I remember it from the 80s

When were you there? I was 1978-84 and remember the riots, Derek Hatton (aahhh!) and a rather good football team that played in red. (Actually the one in in blue was pretty good for some of that period too.)

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Best Parkrun since January 2017 for me. 21:29 officially although my watch said 21:23 - which is fine until I realise the former keeps behind GNT whereas the latter would put me ahead! Oh well gives me more incentive to push on. AG of 69.74 - I expect the faster time would have pushed me above 70% too.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
When were you there? I was 1978-84 and remember the riots, Derek Hatton (aahhh!) and a rather good football team that played in red. (Actually the one in in blue was pretty good for some of that period too.)

Yes would have been early 80s - peak Thatcher years. I lived in Glasgow at that time. Had a friend who worked at the Everyman Theatre, used to visit and stay with her (squat on Upper Parliament Street).

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good one.

For me Worthing and 21.25 @ 76.89% AG. An SB and gets me a bit of 'clear blue water' between us until you (and others) start your mid season charge.

Well done. With more to come from you I am 95% conceding. Sub 20:30 in November or December required to beat that. I'll give it a go still this summer.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Best Parkrun since January 2017 for me. 21:29 officially although my watch said 21:23 - which is fine until I realise the former keeps behind GNT whereas the latter would put me ahead! Oh well gives me more incentive to push on. AG of 69.74 - I expect the faster time would have pushed me above 70% too.

That 70% AG is a good target. Best of luck - but don't overshoot too far!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'd like to think I've a bit more in the tank but we'll see.....................

We should meet at a Parkrun in next few weeks as our times are currently close enough to be in sight of each other. Could spur each other on. I will not be able to beat the AG Old Git on percentage currently but hopefully time. Shall I come over to Worthing?

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
3B045FCA-120D-41CD-91F3-49B39DC89250.jpeg3B045FCA-120D-41CD-91F3-49B39DC89250.jpeg
Run Gatwick pretty impressive today, especially for a new race.

Seaford by the sea

Sep 29, 2008
seaford
Ran Hastings 5 miler today. First full out race pace since Achilles problem suffered post Brighton half. No mileage for two months took it's toll but stuck in there to eek out a shade over 35 minutes. Hopefully more progress and miles at the Horsham 10k next week.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ran Hastings 5 miler today. First full out race pace since Achilles problem suffered post Brighton half. No mileage for two months took it's toll but stuck in there to eek out a shade over 35 minutes. Hopefully more progress and miles at the Horsham 10k next week.

Excellent time even more so after 2 months off.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
View attachment 96879
Run Gatwick pretty impressive today, especially for a new race.

Yes, I thought it was very well organised, with lots going on before and after the race too.

An enjoyable morning, which I would probably have enjoyed more if I'd stuck to my race plan rather than the 1:40 pacer. I lost him around mile 9 and those last few miles were tough.

Still, I fell over the line with a new PB (1:42:02) so happy with that.

Gonna focus on PRs now for the summer I think.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
We should meet at a Parkrun in next few weeks as our times are currently close enough to be in sight of each other. Could spur each other on. I will not be able to beat the AG Old Git on percentage currently but hopefully time. Shall I come over to Worthing?

Good idea. I was planning a bit of Parkrun tourism this coming Saturday (up North: Guildford!) but maybe 26th May? (If you can't do 26th I can switch to the 19th, no prob.) Worthing's good for me of course.

Did the Portslade Hedgehoppers 5 yesterday. Out from the back of Portslade to Devils Dyke. Not as hilly or wet as I feared (I am a total wimp) but very narrow paths and difficult to overtake if you lined up too far back. Great little run though. Aimed at 40.00 and got 40.13 so OK. 5 miles feel a long way when all you do is Parkruns!

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here