Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atmosphere tonight

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Came over quite well on the TV (until they scored when everybody gave up and I went to get more beer out of the fridge). Very impressed that SBTS was actually sung at the proper speed before kick-off, albeit with a mixture of words. Sounded a bit like West Ham when they sing 'Bubbles'.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Atmosphere was one of the better ones this season because for the first 20 mins or so the team gave it a real go. They pressed hard and got tackles in. We broke at speed and tried to move the ball much more quickly than usual. It was good to watch and gave the crowd lift.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Does anyone on this forum actually go to the North Stand? Atmosphere was perfectly fine there until they scored, while I could barely hear a pin drop from Bournemouth until they scored.

Completely agree with this Im a little horse this morning !! Well actually im a big fat horse but hey ho !!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Does anyone on this forum actually go to the North Stand? Atmosphere was perfectly fine there until they scored, while I could barely hear a pin drop from Bournemouth until they scored.

Agreed. There are many on here that like to slag off the fans rather than directing their anger at the buffoons running the club. Point out the appalling senior management and recruitment and you're a bad fan so it's an easy target I guess.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, thought it was terrific support given the rubbish served up week in week out. Getting involved and generating an atmosphere makes the let down even more disappointing though. Seriously thinking about not bothering for Huddersfield with the grief in getting away from work in time to travel down from London for the game. There are easier and cheaper ways to get wound up and disappointed.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Thought the atmosophere was decent until the second goal. Love the words of GOSBS on the screen. Fan zone may have had its day.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It seemed to be the best atmosphere in the WSU than I can remember for a long, long time with many songs starting up there and spreading quickly, including the proper 'Albion' chant.

Hopefully a corner has been turned and we'll have more of the same from now on.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I thought it was better than it has been but kinda expected that with it being a Friday night game under the lights!

Thought Bournemouth were really poor! Numbers wise not bad but considering they're on the brink of going to the premier league, playing against a south coast rival on a Friday night they were shocking until they scored! Probably lucky most had cleared off by the 85th too as they had some very cocky young'uns - we were exactly the same mind!

Feb 14, 2010
Dont want to point out the obvious but er, we are scrapping around the lower reaches of the second tier. What do people expect?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here