Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Talking to my Wealdstone FC mate today, it transpires that Reading were even beaten by Huddersfield to arranging for fans to go drinking at the WFC bar prior to the playoff final.:shrug:

I wonder if your Wealdstone supporting mate, is the same person as my Wealdstone supporting mate? Probably not! I must try and get up to see the Stones play this season if l get the chance.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No idea what that means. I do, however, note that I am somewhat late to the '3 - 1' party.

For some reason I thought you'd manage to change the original post. My bad, you merely just re-quoted.

I get a lot of things wrong that don't get corrected, get a Reading penalty shoot-out score wrong, and its 10 notifications already!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I can't help but think that, given the circumstances of their failure on many occasions to go through via the play offs, THEY SHOULD HAVE BLOODY WELL TRIED TO WIN THIS TIME.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I wonder if your Wealdstone supporting mate, is the same person as my Wealdstone supporting mate? Probably not! I must try and get up to see the Stones play this season if l get the chance.

This is spooky -
I have a Wealdstone FC supporting mate - they rent out the club house there a lot for when teams come to wembley. And a very
nice club house at that.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
This chap makes that video extra special.

7Nzn7BmP.jpg

Pure joy. Tw@ts.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is spooky -
I have a Wealdstone FC supporting mate - they rent out the club house there a lot for when teams come to wembley. And a very
nice club house at that.

Yes so I'm told. I've yet to go there but I believe they play at the now defunct Ruislip Manor ground,and have redeveloped it since their demise.

My Wealdstone mate Chris used to watch Albion regularly at Withdean, but returned to watching his local club when we moved to the Amex.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes so I'm told. I've yet to go there but I believe they play at the now defunct Ruislip Manor ground,and have redeveloped it since their demise.

My Wealdstone mate Chris used to watch Albion regularly at Withdean, but returned to watching his local club when we moved to the Amex.

My mate has supported WFC since the 70s. I go to watch a match now and again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For some reason I thought you'd manage to change the original post. My bad, you merely just re-quoted.
Ah. Sadly no, I'm not royalty.

I get a lot of things wrong that don't get corrected
Of course not, we're a very tolerant group.
get a Reading penalty shoot-out score wrong, and its 10 notifications already!
You didn't even get it wrong, it was 3-2 after 3 each, it was just 3-1 while we waited for Huds to take their 3rd.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is spooky -
nice club house at that.

220px-Wealdstone_Raider.jpeg

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Reading may have lost countless play-off finals, and be labelled by some on here as tin pot, and bottle jobs, but what you say is absolutely true. Reading have competed in the Premier League several times in recent years.

How many times have we been able to do that? oh hang on . . .

Is your second team (or even your first team) Reading by any chance?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Reading may have lost countless play-off finals, and be labelled by some on here as tin pot, and bottle jobs, but what you say is absolutely true. Reading have competed in the Premier League several times in recent years.

How many times have we been able to do that? oh hang on . . .

'Competed' might be overstating it somewhat. They played three seasons in the Premier League and were relegated in two of them.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Double post

Attachments

• IMG_0087.PNG
    IMG_0087.PNG
    313.2 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...deduction-breaching-efl-finance-rules/Reading are locked in talks with the Football League over a points deduction which is likely to plunge them into a Championship relegation battle.

Negotiations between Reading and the EFL are understood to be at an advanced stage, with an agreed sanction close to being finalised over breaches of financial rules.

It is understood that Reading, currently 14th in the table, are facing a potential deduction of six to nine points, which will drop them into a relegation scrap if, as expected, the punishment is applied later this year.

Like crisis-hit Derby County, Reading are working to the EFL’s regulation 85 in their sanctions, which allows both parties to strike an amicable settlement and avoid going before a disciplinary commission. Reading will also have to agree on a future business plan.

In July it was announced that Reading had broken the EFL's profit and sustainability rules and they were placed under a transfer embargo, which restricted them to signing only free agents and loans during the summer window.

The rules do not allow clubs to exceed losses of £39 million over a three-year assessment period, but it appears Reading’s accounts have breached that amount by some distance.

In the 2018/19 season it was reported that Reading’s wage bill was £40m, working out as 194 per cent of their turnover.

For the following campaign their accounts revealed total accumulated losses of £138m, while their most recent pre-tax loss was £93m over a three-year period.

Relegated from the Premier League in 2013, Reading have operated in the Championship for the past nine seasons.

The club is owned by Dai Yongge, a Chinese businessman and investor who completed his takeover in 2017 and has conducted no media interviews in that time.

Last month Reading issued a statement to reiterate Yongge’s commitment and confirmed they “remain in positive, constructive dialogue” with the EFL.

Managed by Veljko Paunovic, Reading face Middlesbrough at home in the Championship on Saturday.

On Tuesday the EFL declined to comment. Reading were also unavailable for comment.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...deduction-breaching-efl-finance-rules/Reading are locked in talks with the Football League over a points deduction which is likely to plunge them into a Championship relegation battle.

Negotiations between Reading and the EFL are understood to be at an advanced stage, with an agreed sanction close to being finalised over breaches of financial rules.

It is understood that Reading, currently 14th in the table, are facing a potential deduction of six to nine points, which will drop them into a relegation scrap if, as expected, the punishment is applied later this year.

Like crisis-hit Derby County, Reading are working to the EFL’s regulation 85 in their sanctions, which allows both parties to strike an amicable settlement and avoid going before a disciplinary commission. Reading will also have to agree on a future business plan.

In July it was announced that Reading had broken the EFL's profit and sustainability rules and they were placed under a transfer embargo, which restricted them to signing only free agents and loans during the summer window.

The rules do not allow clubs to exceed losses of £39 million over a three-year assessment period, but it appears Reading’s accounts have breached that amount by some distance.

In the 2018/19 season it was reported that Reading’s wage bill was £40m, working out as 194 per cent of their turnover.

For the following campaign their accounts revealed total accumulated losses of £138m, while their most recent pre-tax loss was £93m over a three-year period.

Relegated from the Premier League in 2013, Reading have operated in the Championship for the past nine seasons.

The club is owned by Dai Yongge, a Chinese businessman and investor who completed his takeover in 2017 and has conducted no media interviews in that time.

Last month Reading issued a statement to reiterate Yongge’s commitment and confirmed they “remain in positive, constructive dialogue” with the EFL.

Managed by Veljko Paunovic, Reading face Middlesbrough at home in the Championship on Saturday.

On Tuesday the EFL declined to comment. Reading were also unavailable for comment.

My day just got better

Tinpot club,shithole town

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here