Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-season friendly against Southend?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Oxford and Stevenage last July, weren't exactly testing our players ready for the Championship. Friendlies are for fitness exercises, nothing more.

Completely agree, which is why they should be free for ST holders and why I rarely go to them.

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
The away game abroad has some real pontential - surely gotta be a big one,otherwise, what's the point?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Indy reporting a "a week at an overseas training base in Austria from July 8 to 15".

Is this likely to feature an open training session and/or friendlies ?

PaoloAlbioni

May 6, 2016
Whatever happened to the annual outing to play Lewes at the Dripping Pan? Happy memories of pints of Harveys on the terraces and a LuaLua screamer there 4 seasons ago...

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever happened to the annual outing to play Lewes at the Dripping Pan? Happy memories of pints of Harveys on the terraces and a LuaLua screamer there 4 seasons ago...

We'll probably send the Under 23's there.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Another friendly at Crawley 22nd July, ko 3pm.

List now updated.

Sat 22nd July- Crawley Town (A) 3pm
Tue 25th July- Southend United (A) 7.45pm
Sat 29th July- Norwich City (A) 3pm
Tue 1st August- Away friendly in Europe
Sun 6th August- Home friendly at the Amex

Whitehawk away on Wednesday July 26th

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Well to me it seems that the club has, year on year, been trying to attract a Premier League team or alternatively a top class European side, either of which usually dick us completely. So, instead of going into the first League fxture of the season, we as supporters are left wondering how good or otherwise the team really is, and the squad are equally left shot of confidence in advance of a first League match which follows within usually six days, now potentially five !
Should go for an attractive fixture that we are likely to win, substantially even better !

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well to me it seems that the club has, year on year, been trying to attract a Premier League team or alternatively a top class European side, either of which usually dick us completely.

Worth noting that in the last few years we have beaten the then-European Champions and then-Europa League holders in pre-season games.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Worth noting that in the last few years we have beaten the then-European Champions and then-Europa League holders in pre-season games.

Sorry but I only remember games against such as Chelsea, who didn't give a XXXX perhaps other than for their match fee and Villareal who definitely 'dicked' us but it's late and I can't be bothered any more.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Was Southend the game where we were chanting bring on the champions before the teams came out? Didn't we get beat with Micky subbing Kuipers at half time?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well to me it seems that the club has, year on year, been trying to attract a Premier League team or alternatively a top class European side, either of which usually dick us completely. So, instead of going into the first League fxture of the season, we as supporters are left wondering how good or otherwise the team really is, and the squad are equally left shot of confidence in advance of a first League match which follows within usually six days, now potentially five !
Should go for an attractive fixture that we are likely to win, substantially even better !

Beats me why people pay any attention whatsoever to results in pre-season friendlies. The early ones are about players easing themselves back into ninety minutes again, after a summer off, and the later ones are about players trying not to get injured and jeopardise their places in the side for the proper games in the League.

We've just got promoted to the Premier League. Do you remember our friendly results from last summer?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is it Red Bull Salzburg that Oscar Garcia manages these days? The club seem to like Austria. Maybe we could play them for our "overseas friendly" :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is it Red Bull Salzburg that Oscar Garcia manages these days? The club seem to like Austria. Maybe we could play them for our "overseas friendly" :)

I can't imagine we'll have a big turnout wherever it may be, but if they released it early enough we could tie it in with a holiday? (not me and you personally, you know what I mean).

ThePolishJig

Mar 21, 2013
I can't imagine we'll have a big turnout wherever it may be, but if they released it early enough we could tie it in with a holiday? (not me and you personally, you know what I mean).

Depends on the size of the club we play. It is school holidays.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here