Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many premiership players were in our starting line up today?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Get that from a No 10 or wide man not the target man.

Yes but we have Murray and Hemed who play that target man role (more or less). Where we need to invest is in a pacey striker to give us a different option. Ulloa, much as I love him, is more of the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but we have Murray and Hemed who play that target man role (more or less). Where we need to invest is in a pacey striker to give us a different option. Ulloa, much as I love him, is more of the same.

But better than Hemed and you need goals to climb the premier league not a good defence. A lot could depend on if Leicester still owe us money for him

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
my eyesight.

Your eyesight doesn't see a player who has excellent positioning, good in the ball and excellent in the air despite being a smaller CB. I think he has shown that he can back up dunk and Duffy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
he's done a fabulous job and we're heading to the Premier League, I do have reservations about his strategy in tough games....we have not performed when put under scrutiny.

Hardly. We won 7 games out of 8 after losing at Forest to get promotion, we've beaten Norwich, Hudds, Fulham (twice), Sheff Weds (twice), Leeds , Derby, and the most under pressure games this season ; QPR, Wolves and Wigan to go up.

Yep the last 2 games have been frustrating but we've not been top 2 for 7 months cos Hughton goes missing in tough games. They're all tough and he's the most consistent manager in the Champ in recent history...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Against PL defences. Murray might get 8 goals if we are lucky and Hemed .... I wouldn't think many.

We need a new pacey finisher who's not injury prone and AND a proven target man striker who also scores at the top level.

Goals scored will keep us up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we need to be realistic about strikers - we currently have 3 (three) recognised strikers. as things stands we're unlikely to go out and buy 3-4 premier league strikers, or foreigners with pedigree. so Murray (experienced, goals when on form), Hemed (decent strike rate in Championship), Baldock (decent link up play) will be in the squad next season with 1 quality addition, and maybe a loan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we need to be realistic about strikers - we currently have 3 (three) recognised strikers. as things stands we're unlikely to go out and buy 3-4 premier league strikers, or foreigners with pedigree. so Murray (experienced, goals when on form), Hemed (decent strike rate in Championship), Baldock (decent link up play) will be in the squad next season with 1 quality addition, and maybe a loan.
But but shirley we must off load Hemed, then buy a replacement for Hemed, buy another Baldock, get Ulloa to share duties with Murray while finding room for Defoe.

All of the striker fantasies are fine, if they aren't assumed to be real.

Next season I can see the Albion chugging along, albeit in the bottom half, while NSC is collapsing under the weight of 'where are all the expensive strikers we were promised'.

By the time August arrives our current strikers and the ones that will be bought will be on a hiding to nothing, esp if god forbid one of them dares to miss a chance.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Already ****ed if we do that imo. We need two, probably three new strikers all better than what we already have. Murray is too slow, Baldock is too injury prone and Hemed isn't good enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Already ****ed if we do that imo. We need two probably three new strikers all better than what we already have.
I'd be surprised if the club decided to bring in worse players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd be surprised if the club decided to bring in worse players.

Maybe I should have said that two of the three strikers we currently have are probably only good enough to be squad players, one isn't good enough full stop.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But but shirley we must off load Hemed, then buy a replacement for Hemed, buy another Baldock, get Ulloa to share duties with Murray while finding room for Defoe.

Posting again in your usual p..s taking format assuming that only you know what we need. Murray would be a great squad member on the bench as would Baldock provided he is fit. Hemed would be at the best 5th choice as he is similar but not as good as Murray. Ulloa is a realistic target especially if Leicester still owe us money for him. Defoe is destined for West Ham or Bournemouth if you believe the papers but at £70k a week is not a realistic target for us. So wind your neck in and try to be objective.

Ketchy

Steve Fosters Sweat Band
May 19, 2009
Seaford
Just my Opinion, but I think only Dunk, Duffy, Stephens and Knockaert are Prem quality but hoping to be proved wrong or the others to up there game. When you look at Hull and Burnley a lot of there average players have raised there game a certain degree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here