Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are Crawley's rivals?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm curious. They're equidistant from both clubs and it's just a little strange that they don't appear to register with us and I get the impression it's the same for Palace fans.

They're pretty much right in the middle as well as being given equidistant mate .

Really,your from Crawley and don't know any Crawley fans??I take it you don't get out much then.

Got to ask,why can't you stand your hometown club?Seems strange to me.
As for the support for Brighton in the town I'd say your well down the pecking order after most of the London clubs.I know a few Brighton fans,one of whom is pretty keen to be fair, but in general they are few and far between,could all change mind when your playing in the premier league next season but very much doubt it.

For the record the non-league rivalry was always Dover.We had bits and pieces with Aldershot and Afc Wimbledon but as I say it was Dover back in the DML days.
As a side note.
The general feeling with the people I know in the town towards Brighton is ok.Put it this way last nights conversation in the pub was about you going top and pretty much everyone hoping you don't blow it again.

I went to Dover away once, not much of a crowd let alone rivalry, it was 1983 though. I went to quite a few always inc Houslow, Woodford, Thanet,, Erith, Road Sea Southampton etc classic old teams some don't exist anymore sadly. Me and a few scroats from Thomas Bennet used to travel on the players coach, John Maggs was the manager, memorable players included Cliff cant Brian Gregory and Merrick Herriot. We used to stand in the cow shed end at Town Mead, classic non league ground. Someone joked on here about Three Bridgesbut I think at the time there was only one division between them. I moved away in the mid 80s and never went again.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I went to Dover away once, not much of a crowd let alone rivalry, it was 1983 though. I went to quite a few always inc Houslow, Woodford, Thanet,, Erith, Road Sea Southampton etc classic old teams some don't exist anymore sadly. Me and a few scroats from Thomas Bennet used to travel on the players coach, John Maggs was the manager, memorable players included Cliff cant Brian Gregory and Merrick Herriot. We used to stand in the cow shed end at Town Mead, classic non league ground. Someone joked on here about Three Bridgesbut I think at the time there was only one division between them. I moved away in the mid 80s and never went again.

Road Sea Southampton:thumbsup: One of my favourite ticks of the many Non league grounds i have visited. Town Mead was a classic ground and sadly missed.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really,your from Crawley and don't know any Crawley fans??I take it you don't get out much then.

As for the support for Brighton in the town I'd say your well down the pecking order after most of the London clubs.I know a few Brighton fans,one of whom is pretty keen to be fair, but in general they are few and far between,could all change mind when your playing in the premier league next season but very much doubt it.

For the record the non-league rivalry was always Dover.We had bits and pieces with Aldershot and Afc Wimbledon but as I say it was Dover back in the DML days.
As a side note.
The general feeling with the people I know in the town towards Brighton is ok.Put it this way last nights conversation in the pub was about you going top and pretty much everyone hoping you don't blow it again.

Cheers for the reply and I'm glad to hear there's some goodwill towards us from the Crawley fans. I'll be honest, I used to dislike Crawley quite a lot, firstly and irrationally from the refusal to let us groundshare (that was the council's doing, nothing to do with the club) but then there were the Majeed brothers and Steve Evans. Now all that's ancient history I wish them well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pease Pottage? The service station I mean, not the bigger village side ;)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm curious. They're equidistant from both clubs and it's just a little strange that they don't appear to register with us and I get the impression it's the same for Palace fans.
I thought it went without saying that Palace would have no interest in Crawley. They have enough rivals as it is.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yep. You're right. Wrong use of the word.

No mate , I was just being a tosser :lolol: it's an old family joke when ever someone uses a word like that , to replace it with the longer version.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
With most non league clubs the rivalry tends to depend on the division you're in as there will always be loads of fairly local teams to compete with.

For example, Langney Sports used to consider Hailsham to be a big rival when both were big teams in the Sussex County. As the club went through the divisions (and changed names) the big rivals were variously Hastings, Lewes and Crawley. Now you could say Whitehawk are the team they most want to beat.

I know a football fan from Crawley and he hates Crawley FC, because he's always supported Oakwood.

There's someone that supports Oakwood? I played about 50 games and in total about 8 fans and a dog watched.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

As a side note.

I agree with this being from Crawley but a blue and white since 79. Always look for results and want them to do well. Know a few who go regular to watch and they have a great time. But I think there is more Brighton in Crawley than you think. I personally know of at least 20 and there's obviously a lot more.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Blimey. We might have sat next to each other. Did a few away trips on the coach when I could not get to Brighton. Remember some trips to alderstone and weybridge and Egham in FACup. I also went to Thomas Bennett!! They had a good side them with terry robins, Steve Breach Alan lester and Dave Myers!! "Get off Can't"

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
As a Palace fan, do you feel the same way as us about them?

Pretty much as in your OP, but they are not on our radar apart from the odd Redhill Palace fan.

The vast majority of our rivalries are in the London area, I can think of 12 or 13 episodes. Tooting and Mitcham still raise some hackles after a colourful Three Day Week clash in the early Seventies.

I would have thought they'd be higher up your pecking order due to the lower density of clubs in Sussex.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
As an Albion fan and ex Horsham resident now residing in Somerset I'm gutted that i did not pop down the road to see them get hammered 5-nothing at at Huish park last month. I despise Crawley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here