Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only thing to be scared of is season ticket prices

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
'Romantic dreamers in the squad' - who (apart from you) said anything about there being romantic dreamers in the squad? Not me for certain. So why do you keep making things up and replying to things that were never said?

Thought the 'we' was collective. Or was it royal???
Romantic? Dreamers? Prosper? I was only saying we should not be afraid of surviving in the PL, even with our squad as it is. Nothing romantic or dreamy about that. "Prosper" is another matter, I assume your talking about Europe or more?? Pray tell what dreams you have??

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Blackpool? Don't think they stayed in the PL did they, straight down. Whatever they did it's sure not a model we should follow, given they are languishing in the fourth tier! Part of that is the idiotic owner to be fair, so doubt we'd have that issue!

Fair point. Watford then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only thing to be scared of is season ticket prices
I'm not so sure on that, certainly not for those renewing their season ticket, even with the 'prices may change' caveat.

Although it's hard to imagine RotR or Mr Fairy, shelling out what'll be asked as the walk up price for Chelsea, Arsenal Utd, et al.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Aston Villa have improved a lot since Bruce took over as manager, and were arguably the better side at the Amex recently.

They were terrible in in the premier league last season though. Things can change very quickly in terms of how a team performs, form, confidence ect.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think we are as good as Burnley
https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/184

I don't think 4-4-2 is going to work to for every game and we may have to play 4-2-3-1 sometimes.

Last time we in the top fight, a few players that we thought not make the grade. e.g. Peter O'Sullivan thrived. So I 'm not about to write off any players.

Fortunately, a lot of our players are at the age where they can improve and would be expected to do so.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Aston Villa have improved a lot since Bruce took over as manager, and were arguably the better side at the Amex recently.

They were terrible in in the premier league last season though. Things can change very quickly in terms of how a team performs, form, confidence ect.

In don't Villa think were better than us in any respect. I would not have any of their players in preference to ours. Not a single one in the first choice XI. We gave them too much respect like we did at Newcastle as well.

On the day I would have had Grealish over Dale Stephens, because Stephens had an off day.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not so sure on that, certainly not for those renewing their season ticket, even with the 'prices may change' caveat.

Although it's hard to imagine RotR or Mr Fairy, shelling out what'll be asked as the walk up price for Chelsea, Arsenal Utd, et al.

South and north stand match by match tickets would have to be £30 would they not ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Didn't the club confirm last year way before the end of the season that even if we went up prices would be kept more or less the same ? If we go up, ticket money goes from being the primary source of income for the club to a relative drop in the ocean, so changing the price will have little impact on the bottom line either way. I suspect prices will be about the same.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Didn't the club confirm last year way before the end of the season that even if we went up prices would be kept more or less the same ? If we go up, ticket money goes from being the primary source of income for the club to a relative drop in the ocean, so changing the price will have little impact on the bottom line either way. I suspect prices will be about the same.

ST price the same but fewer games so an increase really.

Noticed a lot of threads and comments that mention the PL in reverence as if it is populated by aliens with three legs who are unbeatable. IMHO, apart from the big six, there are no teams that BHA couldn't beat. Comments like Duffy or the possible incoming lad from Derby 'are not PL players' or we need marquee (??) players is bollocks. CH has proven that its the team ethic that draws the best from the players, week in, week out. Am I being unrealistic, or did Hull, Stoke, Blackpool etc do something drastic to stay in the PL that I missed??
:shrug:

Luckily it won't bother us,we'll never get there,not all the time I've got a hole in my arse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Getting there's the thing. With the squad we have this season, I don't think staying there would be a problem. Bournemouth are comfortable in the top division and there are very few of their squad I'd rather have than our players - Callum Wilson and Harry Arter maybe. Stocko is better than Boruc, Dunk is streets ahead of Steve Cook, Kayal is superior to Gosling, Knockaert and March better than any wide player they have. A few canny additions and we'd have no trouble.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Getting there's the thing. With the squad we have this season, I don't think staying there would be a problem. Bournemouth are comfortable in the top division and there are very few of their squad I'd rather have than our players - Callum Wilson and Harry Arter maybe. Stocko is better than Boruc, Dunk is streets ahead of Steve Cook, Kayal is superior to Gosling, Knockaert and March better than any wide player they have. A few canny additions and we'd have no trouble.

My point exactly. :cheers:

Jan 30, 2008

we wont be mugged off like some
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here