Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
seeya then .

It would be funny though wouldn't it? Me being a citizen of another country and yet being more British than the guy voted "The Greatest Ever Brit!" :lolol:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
As we've covered lots of times before, people are well aware of things going on outside of their own bubbles, much as you like to pretend otherwise, from your inner city mid-Sussex ghetto. No-one is more British or more Laandan than you Bushy, as you keep constantly reminding us.

But..
This isn't a thread about leafy Hampshire suburbs.
Or about my life.
Or about racial tension. (Obviously I get, that for you, a thread about flower arranging can be turned to race issues, the sad obsessive weirdo, that you are).

Your one-dimensional views are so, so tedious. Go and bore somebody else.
Yes , but i have lived in a place other than a leafy country town and experienced all the things you list,. hence my outlook,and hence why i moved to a leafy country town , you , quite simply havent, yet you still presume to lecture people who have.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly.
Records destroyed.
Rules changed
People targeted

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I know what you're saying, and I agree it stinks, but of incompetance rather than calculated malice. I really don't think the tories are smart enough to have a cunning plan here. It smacks of pure 'left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing' incompetance. And indifference. It is absolutely the hallmark of Theresa May, the worst kind beurocrat, who if told one of her own children had to die (I appreciate she has none so this is less tastless than it might have been) would form a committee to determine which one should live. Theresa May's epitaph should be 'I was incompetant, but I didn't let that trouble me'.

Of course this cluster****, additionally, pleases no end those old codgers and their indoctrinated children who are still dreaming of an England populated only by white people (plus some guestworkers to do the shit jobs and who are made to live in designated areas). Fortunately people like that are too few in number to matter any more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes , but i have lived in a place other than a leafy country town and experienced all the things you list,. hence my outlook,and hence why i moved to a leafy country town , you , quite simply havent, yet you still presume to lecture people who have.

That's a predictably stupid assumption.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
where have i said he doesnt deserve rights ? As 'british' as me ? no.

So, he moves here as a baby and remains here. But he's not as British as you.

:lolol:

I'm actually laughing now. I think we should settle this with a tea making competition.

Although I don't think he burns in the sun that well. You win.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So, he moves here as a baby and remains here. But he's not as British as you.

:lolol:

I'm actually laughing now. I think we should settle this with a tea making competition.

Although I don't think he burns in the sun that well. You win.
So am i , that you actually think he is , i literally do not know of any relatives even born abroad , let alone actually foreign , this bloke is going to have a very large chilean influence as well as loyalties etc , i quite simply havent , forb me , and a large proportion of this country , there is no ambiguity .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
oh, silly me , you lived in liverpool as a student , whoopee fvcking doo, that really gives you an insight , remind me where you grew up again ?

I can't 'remind' you, because you've clearly never known. Its nowhere near where you think though. And you accuse ME of 'presuming'.

Not that it has any impact on the ability to understand things that happen more than half a mile from my house, either way.

And - on top of that - if living for 4 years in Toxteth and the Dingle, from the late 80's, DOESN'T doesn't give me any 'insight' can you please give us a list of what life experience does count?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As have the windrush people , who 'chose' to be british.

As I said before, when you quoted me and told me to bore off. People born in British Colonies were British (before 1983) I gave the dates of the Colonies Independence so the Windrush people didn't chose to be British, they were, and are British.

Here is the official government link which says so.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-citizenship

Don't bother coming back with your inane replies, as this is more for other poster's benefit, than yours.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can't 'remind' you, because you've clearly never known. Its nowhere near where you think though. And you accuse ME of 'presuming'.

Not that it has any impact on the ability to understand things that happen more than half a mile from my house, either way.
Its clearly nowhere that gives you any sort of real insight in what its like to live in an area thats been adversely affected by immigration , or you'd be very keen to say where it is , as it is , you aren't.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
As I said before, when you quoted me and told me to bore off. People born in British Colonies were British (before 1983) I gave the dates of the Colonies Independence so the Windrush people didn't chose to be British, they were, and are British.

Here is the official government link which says so.

https://www.gov.uk/types-of-british-nationality/british-citizenship

Don't bother coming back with your inane replies, as this is more for other poster's benefit, than yours.
then you should have replied to them not me if you dont want a response you dulllard.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So am i , that you actually think he is , i literally do not know of any relatives even born abroad , let alone actually foreign , this bloke is going to have a very large chilean influence as well as loyalties etc , i quite simply havent , forb me , and a large proportion of this country , there is no ambiguity .

What I'm saying is that it really doesn't matter. He's happy to have grown up British- even if some consider such an attribute to have less grounding than themselves.

It's important to point out that that 'influences' are not always determined by, or default to, the geographical sky of your birth, or your distant origins. If they are then that makes you a societal construct- an unquestioning adherent to inherited learning.

By your definition I would be as British as yourself. But since a young age I have thirsted for learning outside of that containment and feel a better man for it. To regard someone else as having a lesser cloak of identity is to regard them as having a lesser status within its territory. You may dispute that. But for me it is a natural default.

The question would be, given applied logic, does a British person somehow taint their standing by embracing at heart the influences and attributes of other creeds and cultures ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its clearly nowhere that gives you any sort of real insight in what its like to live in an area thats been adversely affected by immigration , or you'd be very keen to say where it is , as it is , you aren't.

Would it matter if I had? You've made your mind up already. If Toxeth in the 80's doesn't 'count' as 'living in an area that's been affected by immigration' or racial tension, then seriously - where could I have lived that you would 'count'?

Just to humour you a little further, because its rather fun watching you embarrass yourself.

I grew up in the Middle East, surrounding by scary Muslims.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Would it matter if I had? You've made your mind up already. If Toxeth in the 80's doesn't 'count' as 'living in an area that's been affected by immigration' or racial tension, then seriously - where could I have lived that you would 'count'?

Just to humour you a little further, because its rather fun watching you embarrass yourself.

Nah, you're still English. You love cricket but only played at a very average level.

Wrap yourself in the Union Jack and stick yer pads on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are calls for Amber Rudd to resign this morning, but the biggest culprit is in number 10.

The right wing rags this morning are going heavy on Rudd, calling her Rudd the Dudd etc, but May the true architect is left alone.

She doesn't see these people as British as she is, she has an inbuilt sense of human hierarchy.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The right wing rags this morning are going heavy on Rudd, calling her Rudd the Dudd etc, but May the true architect is left alone.

She doesn't see these people as British as she is, she has an inbuilt sense of human hierarchy.

The right wing rags are going for Rudd due to her remainer stance not due to Windrush, she is a convenient target. The real person culpable sits in No.10 and hopefully if Rudd is forced out she takes out May with her

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

You didnt grow up in toxteth though did you, its not your hometown , you basically had nothing invested in the area personally , as for where you did grow up , so what ? Yet again , it has no bearing on the situation in this country , and please spare me the tired , hackneyed '' its rather fun watching you embarrass yourself.'' line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here