Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Indian takeaways in and around brighton and hove?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ganges, Church Road Hove.

I still try others out now and again, but I rarely find anything half as good.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Chuala's on little east street is by far the best. I used to be a big fan of Nishat on Preston street, but this one tops them all.

This was good a few years back but felt like it had gone downhill more recently so I stopped going.

Certainly not as busy as it used to be either.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This was good a few years back but felt like it had gone downhill more recently so I stopped going.

Certainly not as busy as it used to be either.

Yeah, I've noticed it's not as busy anymore. One of their staff members is a miserable sod and It can't help that they've got Swastika's everywhere in there. But nonetheless, the food is top notch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The best takeaway I have had recently was from Memories of India in the Marina.

Had one about six months ago and it was dreadful. To be fair it may have been my decision to try something new that backfired, literally.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Had one about six months ago and it was dreadful. To be fair it may have been my decision to try something new that backfired, literally.

They have a decent selection of Indian wine in there and mo is a top bloke and a great host. Location and the unit doesnt help but as a curry house it is top notch.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Always tend to go to Sri India in Patcham....top food there. I've always had top curries from The Elizabethan Tandoori too but I just find it a bit cramped.

If you want to go out of town, i can definately recommend Newick Tandoori.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
can't believe this got a bump. we moved to Worthing now and we have many different places to try but not as many as brighton and hove. we like The original curry land, Shafiques and Mahaan. We tried Gurkha Tandoori but was disappointed by the runny curry (I like a creamy one) but the onion bhaji's are delicious and HUGE!, might have to try it again because it could've been a bad one.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
King of India in Woodingdean has been a recent revelation. Very safe pair of hands for a suburban curry house and still giving out the same carton sizes from before everyone decided to shrink them. Good value and an excellent madras.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
can't believe this got a bump. we moved to Worthing now and we have many different places to try but not as many as brighton and hove. we like The original curry land, Shafiques and Mahaan. We tried Gurkha Tandoori but was disappointed by the runny curry (I like a creamy one) but the onion bhaji's are delicious and HUGE!, might have to try it again because it could've been a bad one.

You've nailed it with those 3 to be fair. Reema in East Preston is nice, but the previous owners son has taken over and it has changed a bit. Taste of Bengal has been good to us for 25 years too

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
You've nailed it with those 3 to be fair. Reema in East Preston is nice, but the previous owners son has taken over and it has changed a bit. Taste of Bengal has been good to us for 25 years too

Looks like that will be our next place to try. see I am a massive chicken dansak fan and I love garlic naan and onion bhaji. What's your favourite curry?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here