Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very odd if indeed he does have to go to Paris. Who's to say he isn't there already. Papers get faxed over and he's back to Brighton early evening.

Why odd ? He'll be in the UK now on a temporary visitor's visa (we know he was here yesterday) but once he's got clearance he'll need the actual work permit and visa. He has to physically enter the UK with the new (permanent) visa so has to get out to come back in. Imagine Paris presents the quickest option - either by Eurostar or from Gatwick (club may have even arranged something from Shoreham ?). We've had similar issues where I work with staff transferring between locations.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Saving a few pounds on travel costs probably.

I would have thought it was about the same. It's only an hour by air to both destinations, and probably slightly quicker by Eurostar. I thought Brussels because he's been playing in Belgium.

Once he's got his permit, and new visa, we still have to wait for international clearance from the relevant football association in Belgium.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Club Brugge just tweeted that he has been granted his visa - announcement expected.

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 14.04.34.png

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Those pictures remind me of of the Gangnam style man.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He's on his way, he's on his way

(feel free to add next line)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Scenes!!!!

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I am so ****ING excited to see him in our stripes. He really is going to be the difference between safety and relegation.

I think that it is going to take more than one player to do that. We still need 2 new Strikers and right back. Possibly need to bolster midfield as well.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Why odd ? He'll be in the UK now on a temporary visitor's visa (we know he was here yesterday) but once he's got clearance he'll need the actual work permit and visa. He has to physically enter the UK with the new (permanent) visa so has to get out to come back in. Imagine Paris presents the quickest option - either by Eurostar or from Gatwick (club may have even arranged something from Shoreham ?). We've had similar issues where I work with staff transferring between locations.

I meant odd in the sense that it was Paris rather than Brussels.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yipee. All would appear to be well with this signing. Just two strikers and a right back now please and we're sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here