Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Anyone know if he is training with the squad today? I'm assuming he is free to train, but not play?

As has already been mentioned training would be seen as working so he's unable to train with us until he has his work permit.

I also believe that once the work permit has been granted he has to leave the country and re-enter to officially enter the country on the work permit. With his in mind I think we'll see him on the bench Saturday as he won't have had much time to train with us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
As has already been mentioned training in public would be seen as working so he's unable to train with us until he has his work permit.

I also believe that once the work permit has been granted he has to leave the country and re-enter to officially enter the country on the work permit. With his in mind I think we'll see him on the bench Saturday as he won't have had much time to train with us.

Edited for you. If you don't get caught.....

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Agreed, looking at him so far I have no idea how we managed to get him and so cheaply too.

It was mentioned by a high-ranking journalist the other day that though the upfront fee for Groß is tuppence (around £3.5million) the add ons could see the deal rise to £17 million. However, he also mentioned that part of that included around £5million for qualifying for the Champions League so highly doubtful it will rise to those heights.

Regardless, it is seemingly a very astute way of doing business, not spunking everything we have upfront but everyone, including the selling club, being rewarded for success on the pitch.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It was mentioned by a high-ranking journalist the other day that though the upfront fee for Groß is tuppence (around £3.5million) the add ons could see the deal rise to £17 million. However, he also mentioned that part of that included around £5million for qualifying for the Champions League so highly doubtful it will rise to those heights.

Regardless, it is seemingly a very astute way of doing business, not spunking everything we have upfront but everyone, including the selling club, being rewarded for success on the pitch.

Fingers crossed he turns out a good signing. Way too early to judge after a friendly match where neither team tackled or the Man City game where only one team had the ball.
Let's not get too carried away. No one has looked spectacular yet. Fingers crossed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would have March start ahead of Knockaert for the time being.

We all know March's quality and that was showcased on Saturday, Knockaert still coming back from injury. I also think March is better at decision making than Knockaert.

I kind-of agree, but Knockaert is GUARANTEED to score against Leicester and for that reason I would start him, and sub him at half time if necessary.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
What time will we know?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I am sure Paul Barber said the club would be informed on Thursday but I may have misheard that

He said it "usually takes 24 hours or so." What I don't know is if that is it after that, all done and dusted and registered? There is also international clearance of course which has caused us delays previously when signing players from Welsh clubs, laughably.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He said it "usually takes 24 hours or so." What I don't know is if that is it after that, all done and dusted and registered? There is also international clearance of course which has caused us delays previously when signing players from Welsh clubs, laughably.

That is the Welsh FA being tardy, hopefully the Belgium FA is a lot more efficient.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here