Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thai Food

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not been to the takeaway yet BG but have been to Lemongrass on the Broadway many times.

Don't be fooled by the post suggesting Thai food is all sweet, or coconut based. Not a big fan of coconut here, and I love Thai food. I find it lighter than Chinese for whatever reason. Yes, it can be hot, but that very much depends on the dishes, and is usually indicated on the menus. It certainly is at Lemongrass. You should give that a go.

Failing that, if you get the takeaway, let me know what it's like...

I shall definitely try the take away or Lemon grass or possibly both but it is very difficult to be constructive if you dont know what to expect in the first place. So may have to go with some of the dishes suggested on here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Try Pad Krapow Moo – spicy stir-fried pork with Thai holy basil.. It's lovely but ask for a mild one first time out as it's hot. This is my favourite Thai dish of all, they do a good one in Unithai along near the floral clock in Hove.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Beef Salad. Whatever you get, make sure you get a beef salad to have with it. You will not regret.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Slightly off topic but no doubt the NSC foodies are looking at this thread.
If you are making your own food like Thai for example and like me you like chilli but not the burn they give you are always told to remove the seeds.
But the seeds are where the real flavour of chilli is.
So I picked up a really useful tip over the weekend.
Chop up your chilli, seeds as well, and put them in boiling water for 30 seconds and then scoop them out and put them in ice water.
Strain away the water and put them in your dish, this works really well in salads too.
I tried it, and for a seed remover like me, it totally transformed the dish, much more flavour and just the right amount of heat.
I bet you all knew that anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you are making your own food like Thai for example and like me you like chilli but not the burn they give you are always told to remove the seeds.
Chop up your chilli, seeds as well, and put them in boiling water for 30 seconds and then scoop them out and put them in ice water.
Strain away the water and put them in your dish, this works really well in salads too.
I tried it, and for a seed remover like me, it totally transformed the dish, much more flavour and just the right amount of heat.

Good tip, might try this.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I didn't think Baan Thai in Burgess Hill was linked to any other restaurants, but may be wrong.

It's the "team" that used to run the restaurant offering at the White Horse in Hurstpierpoint and I really miss it being there.

Luckily, they deliver to Hurst now, so I can still get my fix of Drunken Duck from time to time.

Absolutely love their food and haven't found a dish I don't like on their menu. I could also eat their crackers all night long!

Have I made it clear that I'm a big fan yet?

Edit: I may have to order a take-away now.......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is anyone else picturing BG in the restaurant with his Omsung tablet going through this NSC thread with the waiter?

"I'll have a post number 12, a selection from post 26 and a 44 to finish."

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

I thought the heat was in the inner skin, not the seeds

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Was talking about this yesterday, quite a few people have said it's the best place to eat in Lewes despite there being 2 other Thai, Indian, Italian restaurants (and soon to be Weatherspoons)

Didn't know about wetherspoons. Is that the Crown?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Great, will try this.
Slightly off topic, went to Egypt earlier in the year and in their buffet they had calamari in spices, they said chili was already in it. Gave it a go and oh my god, I seriously don't think I have ever experienced such flavour, bloody awesome, not too hot. Straight back up for seconds. I really can't emphasise how good the flavour was, to be honest.

Back on topic, try to Pad Thai.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here