Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Failed Blog

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
What is a Blog?

I keep reading the word but have not a clue what one is.

It is a Web Log (weBLOG) - like Kirk or Picard's Captain's Log in Star Trek, but with less ensign deaths

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you put yourself out there, regardless of how good you are, you will receive criticism - some of it constructive and helpful, much of it not. Haters gotta hate and all that jazz.

You have to be prepared for it and you need to be able to ride it out. Pick out the good stuff and use it to improve.

When it comes to writing today, there are so many tools available, there really is very little excuse to put out poorly structured copy. Spelling mistakes should also never appear in your work.

Ignore the desire to hit "publish" as soon as you finish. Read it, improve it and read it again. When you're happy with your own work, get someone else to read it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's one of the main problems with NSC.

So many posters on here are trying so hard to be funny or edgy that if a new poster has the audacity to start a thread there will be a whole host of posters waiting to take the piss, or call him some stupid made up insult like "wankpuffin" in the hope of getting a few thumbs up and laughing emojis from strangers on the internet.

It's normally the same posters too. It's pathetic. It's how I used to act on an old NSC account. The difference is, I was 16 and grew up. Some of the main culprits are apparently adults.

There is NOTHING wrong with the word WankPuffin, or SpunkTrumpet for that matter either.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yesterday I posted a thread on this forum about potential new strikers Brighton could sign titled: "Brighton's Striker Problem". At the end of the post I put a sentence about a similar (but longer) post I had made on my blog. Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful. I can understand this and I respect them but do think some of what was said was a touch out of line. As well as this I did receive some constructive criticism and some very kind support.
Since posting the thread "Brighton's Striker Problem" I deleted the blog. To anyone concerned this wasn't anything todo with any responses I got on my post; instead something entirely unrelated. I am thinking of making a similar blog, but would do things the right way... asking bozza for permission to link it on this website e.t.c. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?
Thanks

Look-at-Me.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Good luck mate. Ignore the cretins on here. I was embarrassed by some of the abuse you got.

This. I read the blog, thought it was interesting, and didn't warrant any abuse. Keep going!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So many posters on here are trying so hard to be funny or edgy that if a new poster has the audacity to start a thread there will be a whole host of posters waiting to take the piss, or call him some stupid made up insult like "wankpuffin" in the hope of getting a few thumbs up and laughing emojis from strangers on the internet.

Shut up you wankpuffin.

:jester:

:lolol:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yesterday I posted a thread on this forum about potential new strikers Brighton could sign titled: "Brighton's Striker Problem". At the end of the post I put a sentence about a similar (but longer) post I had made on my blog. Overall this thread didn't go down well with many of the NSC faithful. I can understand this and I respect them but do think some of what was said was a touch out of line. As well as this I did receive some constructive criticism and some very kind support.
Since posting the thread "Brighton's Striker Problem" I deleted the blog. To anyone concerned this wasn't anything todo with any responses I got on my post; instead something entirely unrelated. I am thinking of making a similar blog, but would do things the right way... asking bozza for permission to link it on this website e.t.c. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other ways to get my blog out there?
Thanks

Have you applied to http://www.brightonandhovenews.org/ for a job? :whistle:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks

I have a small Albion section on my own pages and get a lot of readers from NSC. Very few, if any, give negative feedback to articles which don't have a 'look at me' perspective. I've linked other blogs to mine too. Most folk are pretty considered in their repsonse. They like to read stuff people have taken time over. So do it. It's an enjoyable hobby.

Here's my link:

https://brightonlines.wordpress.com/category/following-the-seagulls-brighton-hove-albion/

Look at the 'Other local sites for a good read' section for other writers (Some are NSC)

https://brightonlines.wordpress.com/other-local-sites-for-a-good-read/

Remember to spend time doing it. Folk appreciate that. If you have a new entry NSC Mods are fine about you starting a thread.

As long as you don't present yourself as an accomplished writer (let others decide that) you'll get good feedback.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If you meet certain conditions you can apply for your site to appear on www.newsnow.co.uk - this site brings in a lot of hits when you publish an article. There are other similar networks that also exist.

That's a new one for me. Thanks for that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here