Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Gargan former president of Whitehawk FC jailed for racially abusing woman

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
was in the same year at Patcham Fawcett as me, and he shot the deputy head with an air gun

I was also at school with him, same year, . He certainly got into some scrapes and bother, and generally was viewed as the one to avoid! never came across as racist, however Patcham Fawcett in the late 70s was not exactly racially diverse!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Changing the subject slightly, I was chatting to a Whitehawk fan the other week and they have a very puritanical approach to supporting their team. There's no abusing the ref, no abusing the opposition and no swearing either. Fair play to them and it's completely their business how they cheer on Whitehawk but I'm not sure I could cope with that. I love a good sweary rant at football.

I was actually admonished for swearing at a Whitehawk game, which I found amusing. To be fair the atmosphere at Whitehawk games is exceptional and is a genuinely fun experience, I'd recommend it to anyone who has yet to try try it out.

That said if I was unable to swear during an Albion game I would be out on my ear fairly sharpish.

There does seem to be an interesting dichotomy between those who support Whitehawk and those who run it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'll take your Norwood or Skalak and raise you Ryan Harley.

.... and there we have it, you've just gone too far. I would have allowed Lee Steele, but Ryan Harley *$%£" &^)£" **** ^&^$££YUU*!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I was actually admonished for swearing at a Whitehawk game, which I found amusing. To be fair the atmosphere at Whitehawk games is exceptional and is a genuinely fun experience, I'd recommend it to anyone who has yet to try try it out.

That said if I was unable to swear during an Albion game I would be out on my ear fairly sharpish.

There does seem to be an interesting dichotomy between those who support Whitehawk and those who run it.

Its true that the Ultras do encourage those standing in close attendance to them to refrain from "bad language", elsewhere in the ground the use of swear words is probably comparable to any other group of football supporters.

It really is a fun place to watch football, although, with the jailing of Chris Gargan, money may be short there this season, he was a major benefactor.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was also at school with him, same year, . He certainly got into some scrapes and bother, and generally was viewed as the one to avoid! never came across as racist, however Patcham Fawcett in the late 70s was not exactly racially diverse!

He was in the same year as him at BHASVIC. Showed no sign of being a racist there, he didn't discriminate on who he threw darts at in the common room.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think he was president and a volunteer, rather than being on the board and running it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Changing the subject slightly, I was chatting to a Whitehawk fan the other week and they have a very puritanical approach to supporting their team. There's no abusing the ref, no abusing the opposition and no swearing either. Fair play to them and it's completely their business how they cheer on Whitehawk but I'm not sure I could cope with that. I love a good sweary rant at football.

I've watched Whitehawk many times, the group of fans you mention are the Ultras, they always stand behind whichever goal Whitehawk are attacking.
I have stood watching the match not far from the bar, and there is a group of fans that do like a rant and a swear. A few of them are good entertainment, the linesman is always told if he makes a wrong decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here