Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa Beamback

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
what are the odds with so many weeks left til this game this could grow legs and become 20,000 - 25,000 for a Fiver a pop !

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Exactly! When are they announcing the fixtures. I'd rather go to a pub in town if it's televised.

If it's not on Sky then the chances are everything has already been decided (for better or worse) and it might not be worth the hassle...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it's not on Sky then the chances are everything has already been decided (for better or worse) and it might not be worth the hassle...

It's not (mathematically) possible for everything to be decided 'for the worse'. Even if we lost the next four, and Huddersfield won every one of the next 5, we'd still be in with a shout on the last day (we'd need them to lose that one though!).

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's not (mathematically) possible for everything to be decided 'for the worse'. Even if we lost the next four, and Huddersfield won every one of the next 5, we'd still be in with a shout on the last day (we'd need them to lose that one though!).

Where I wrote "everything" I had initially put "the title", then thought better of it.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
they massively underestimated the amount people would drink - they ran out of beer and only had one bar open from memory so queues were horrendous. so just like a usual match day!

It definitely ran out at half time. Had to settle for a bottle of water which was frozen solid

Massive queue to get in and the queues for catering were the worse I've ever seen at the Amex hopefully things will improve this time, surely they must know how many tickets will have been sold.

The queues before the gates opened were horrendous. I think it was because they only opened them 30 minutes before and there were pretty stringent security checks as I recall which added to the delays. I queued for a couple of beers and didn't get to my seat until after kick off

Hopefully there'll be a bit of learning this time, although I'm not sure numbers will be so great if we're already up

Just remember to not shout at the 18 year old student server, because they don't deserve the brunt of the fans for something they can't control. That goes for everyone, and of course any match day.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
They've sent corrected tickets with seat numbers rather than just the block

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just a thought. May 7th.
If BHA are already Champions before the Villa game (3 wins) will Sky show the Newcastle game on the off chance they get 5 points for a 10:0 win, along with Massive V Fulham for a play off place?
In which case, are The Albion guaranteed a feed for the game or will Villa pull the plug and send a single camera no sound feed?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What pictures are they going to show?
As per my post #55 there is no 'live' coverage. Villa wont let us have tickets so may they send us a facebook live feed using a mobile camera?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here