Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We all know Vydra was awesome when he played for Watford at the AMEX.

But signing players because they played well in a game against us is something we've done before, hasn't ever worked out, and is hopefully something we no longer do.

It worked when Pearce played left back against us for Barnet some years ago and wasnt Robert Codner and a CB cant remember his name bought under similar circumstances. Also IIRC didnt the club buy the wrong player who had played against us and Mullery said he wanted him from Shrewsbury Jason Peake he actually wanted Gerry Daly. I do agree it is not a good move to follow generally. I would however like to see Vydra and Murray as an alternative to Hemed and Baldock if the price was right as I think that would give us a good attacking option.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We all know Vydra was awesome when he played for Watford at the AMEX.

But signing players because they played well in a game against us is something we've done before, hasn't ever worked out, and is hopefully something we no longer do.

In fairness and by all accounts he played well for Watford throughout that previous season and he scored a good few goals alongside Deeley. His performances dipped when he went to Reading but there could be any number of resons for that not the least of which could simply be Reading ffs!! I think he would be well worth a punt, he'd provide a bit of Czech support for Jiri and I think Houghton could get the best out of him. That said, I think its unlikely that he will be transferred to a club in the UK if Watford sell - more likely to go back to Granada or Udinese or to be loaned out to a spanish or italian club on the Pozzo's merrygoround

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Worth a punt?

He was easily Reading's best player when we last played, and I think would score goals for fun at this level in the right team.

Play him up alongside Hemed and that's a excellent strike partnership, and then put Baldock in reserve.

Reading had a clause in their loan to buy him for 10 million if they went up, although Watford don't need him any more, so the price might drop. If we get 10 million for Dunk, I don't see why forking out 7-ish million (...I know) won't be a good investment.
He scored a fair few but was woeful for reading and lazy although he would be better in our 4-4-2 and worth the punt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vydra is MADE for the Albion, this is a no-brainer deal like the Zamora and Murray deals - just do what it takes to get it done.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Derby said to have made a substantial bid

Wow ...... with Chris Martin, Johnny Russell, Abdoul Camara, Nick Blackman, Andreas Weiman, Darren Bent, James Wilson and Matej Vydra ... that will be some stricker lineup to keep happy

Derby county = the new Nottingham Forest until FFP kicks in :clap2:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Wow ...... with Chris Martin, Johnny Russell, Abdoul Camara, Nick Blackman, Andreas Weiman, Darren Bent, James Wilson and Matej Vydra ... that will be some stricker lineup to keep happy

Financial fair what !!!!!!!!!!! I`m still waiting for it to kick in .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Their FFP embago should kick in by the January transfer window ? ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Financial fair what !!!!!!!!!!! I`m still waiting for it to kick in .

FFP is a convenient excuse for our board. Investment in stadium blah blah blah.

It has already been abandoned as the FL cannot fight legal challenges raised by clubs, such as QPR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here