Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club are wanting to make two signings by weeks end...

How many new Albion?

Votes: 5 3.8%

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • 1 signing and 1 loan

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • 2 loans

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • NONE

Votes: 101 75.9%
  • I don't know, all I know is I love you Viper and I want you to serenade me to sleep

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
JFC and Walton signing new 4 year contracts is a great sign of intent!

Whilst good news I am not sure I would call this a sign of intent. Trying these youngest up is great for the future but it doesn't change the fact we are still short of numbers,

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We fly to Spain tomorrow do we not? Seems unlikely now as it gets later in the day that we'll have anyone in.

I assume Sami will leave a list for Burke and if any success is had they will fly right over to join the camp? I bloody hope so anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We are constantly very bad at this signing players job. We leave it late and then have to do with whats left.

Do you really believe that?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We fly to Spain tomorrow do we not? Seems unlikely now as it gets later in the day that we'll have anyone in.

I assume Sami will leave a list for Burke and if any success is had they will fly right over to join the camp? I bloody hope so anyway.[/QUOTE

I hope so as well, but have my doubts. It's great that we appear to be making significant bids for players, be nice to get some completed and in the squad

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Whilst good news I am not sure I would call this a sign of intent. Trying these youngest up is great for the future but it doesn't change the fact we are still short of numbers,

Didn't say this was enough! we nurture and retain talent, and recruit some more to speed up journey to Premier League

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
This is the result of the transfer windows.....complete meltdown.....everyone is included !!! Now is that good for the game or not ?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
how come people don't get this yet? Players with inflated egos and wage demands, spurred on by agents, will be touted around for the best deal. Once it becomes apparent that the 'dream move' may not come along, then reality sets in.

Of course, it's not ideal. I think it's worse in the Championship because the players teams are after have prem ambitions. Lower down, like at Crawley, players need employment rather than dreams.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It feels like we put bids in for players that we know we have no chance of signing although not to disappointed about missing out on Baldock

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I'm sorry for saying this, but our activities during transfer windows have been disappointing far more often than not for many years now. This one is no different to date but is particularly galling after the shambles of January. I really do believe that, in this aspect (and probably only this aspect) of the club our two previous managers were correct and something is seriously amiss. Hyypia made it clear he needed players in quickly too...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm sorry for saying this, but our activities during transfer windows have been disappointing far more often than not for many years now. This one is no different to date but is particularly galling after the shambles of January. I really do believe that, in this aspect (and probably only this aspect) of the club our two previous managers were correct and something is seriously amiss. Hyypia made it clear he needed players in quickly too...

Was it this weekend or the last one that the two were signing by, Sami must be impressed how quickly we get them in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it this weekend or the last one that the two were signing by, Sami must be impressed how quickly we get them in.

Which is best, being told nothing or being told something that doesn't happen? The end result is the same, we are last minute Harrys in the transfer game why not just say " expect nothing until the last minute"? Anything that happens sooner will be a bonus :thumbsup:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Which is best, being told nothing or being told something that doesn't happen? The end result is the same, we are last minute Harrys in the transfer game why not just say " expect nothing until the last minute"?

I agree but the problem is that normally it is the manager who tells the fans this or that is happening and I believe he is fed this information and he informs the media in good faith. Gus, Oscar and now Sami are victims of this.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Maybe we are just going to wait until 10:30 pm on transfer deadline day ( at the end of August ) to sign 7 players.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As much as I would like to have our squad complete by now, i don't there is a team in the league who could say they have. It's still a month before we kick a ball in anger and I hope we have at least the minimum we need (Goalkeeper, Left back, Centre back and attacking midfielder) by then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Possibly waiting for the Ulloa fee to be met before we make any moves, as the Ulloa money will be the budget?

Announcement when it comes to be Ulloa out, two or three players in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here