Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] New Alan Partridge series on the way later this year.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I cant watch AP without pacing the room and going into the kitchen, he is so distressingly painfully embarrassing that I can only enjoy it on a second run through.

Therefore the writers are brilliantt and I hope this series is exactly the same although the whole of the series set in the travel lodge is perfection

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I cant watch AP without pacing the room and going into the kitchen, he is so distressingly painfully embarrassing that I can only enjoy it on a second run through.

Therefore the writers are brilliantt and I hope this series is exactly the same although the whole of the series set in the travel lodge is perfection

It's changed my perspective on a number of things.

I used to work in a building where you had to walk past a small independent production team to get to the kitchen.

They had a white board with programme ideas.

"World Smallest Prison"
"Hitlers Typewriter"

.. to name but two. All perfectly good ideas but you can't get out of your head THAT MEETING with Tony Hayes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's shite

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He's shite

592738f28897e1257f7cc193420c3fce.jpg

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
"Not my words, Carol. The words of Top Gear magazine..................... Hello?"

He was sat opposite me on the train the other day and he was indeed reading a car magazine. Don’t think they are that far apart as characters sometimes....

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He was sat opposite me on the train the other day and he was indeed reading a car magazine. Don’t think they are that far apart as characters sometimes....

Was a foul mouthed Peter Purves skulking around?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Alan Partridge is to return in new BBC comedy series And Did Those Feet.​

In his new documentary series - And Did Those Feet... With Alan Partridge - we follow the beloved and, to be fair, revered broadcaster as he reintegrates into life in Britain after a year working in Saudi Arabia.

I’ll always give AP a chance. But I’ve been very disappointed with everything since MMM.

Well, the podcast thing was okay. ish.

Just throwing so many things at it lately.

He’s been back on prime time, off prime time (fine, he’s always bouncing back) but then the Oasthouse, to the lighthouse, now to Saudi.

He’s best when he’s bobbling about boring old places like petrol stations with a mini-mart attached. Or a static home. And great when he’s putting his foot in it on provincial radio stations.

The amount of poor Alan output must be starting to outweigh the good stuff now.

We’ll always have the Lintern Travel Tavern.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
“The kingdom of Saudi Arabia enjoys extensive oil and natural gas reserves, but has also seen economic growth in other areas such as agricultural production, retail trade, construction, and transport. It directs some $69 billion to military expenditure each year. And yet despite all that, I somehow felt incomplete.”

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’ll always give AP a chance. But I’ve been very disappointed with everything since MMM.

He’s been back on prime time, off prime time (fine, he’s always bouncing back) but then the Oasthouse, to the lighthouse, now to Saudi.

He’s best when he’s bobbling about boring old places like petrol stations with a mini-mart attached. Or a static home. And great when he’s putting his foot in it on provincial radio stations.

I did think the Network homage, "I've had enough, I want something in the middle", at the end of This Time was classic comedy, espiecally when his pass didn't work to get bakc into the BBC.

Coogan is by all accounts a mixed bag, I've only met him twice, both favourable, but I've heard various horror stories, elsewhere, but there is no doubting he is a comic genius

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Yes, I agree with this. I found This Time very hit and miss (probably more miss than hit).

I noticed his last live show "Stratagem" was on Amazon Prime recently. I thought I'd give it a shot but it ended up being the first AP show I've switched off halfway through. A couple of lines made me chuckle but the rest of it was just a bit cringeworthy, and not in the funny way I'd expect from him.

I might give this a chance though. I think his documentary style content is much better.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here