Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 6
Schelotto 7
Duffy 8 MOTM
Dunk 7.5
Bong 8
Knockaert 6.5 - Lot more positive to start with but then tried too hard after missing a couple of chances
Stephens 7
Propper 7.5
Izquierdo 8
Groß 8
Murray 8

Ulloa 7
March 6
Kayal 6

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ryan 6
Schelotto 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 8 -- rightly getting plaudits; a really strong performance, check out the comment on the BBC website about him
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7.5
Propper 8.5 MotM -- stunning performance, exquisite passing, many clever interceptions, and excellent positional play
Izquierdo 8.5 -- our goal of the season so far? Really good all round performance. I've been commenting that he hasn't put any crosses in or got to the byline; he managed to put two crosses in with his left foot, one of which was dangerous and the other half-decent
Gross 8 -- lovely assist for the first (although I thought it was Propper at the time*), cracking finish, and great all round play
Murray 8 -- top stuff and cool finish; now got three in his last 160 minutes play

Ulloa 7 -- good feet; we had some fine quick first-time passing interchanges when he got on the pitch
Kayal 7 -- good energy

We really deserved that. Top performance. Three massive points, and it slightly takes the pressure off some of our future 'six-pointers'. We're seven ahead of West Brom and, win next week, we'll be 6.5 ahead of Stoke.

Edit:* I'm taking this from the BBC website, but other posters do claim it was Propper

Agree with this.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 7

Scheletto 7
Dunk 7
Duffy 7
Bong 8

Knockaert 6
Stephens 6
Propper 7
Izquierdo 7

Gross 7

Murray 7

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Reckon you could legitimately have given MOM to any of 6 different players today and it has been a VERY long time since we've been in such a position

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray is getting a goal a game as Ulloa is after his place in team

Propper and Stephens - have Kayal after their places in team

What competition does to performances - what needs to happen is one bad game and one or two get dropped

Propper and Stephens should have no fears about Kayal taking either of thems positions. but he is good to come on when either of those or Gross are tiring.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Ryan - 6 - nothing to do
Bong - 8 - got forward really well
Schellotto - 7 - typically enterprising
Dunk - 7 - solid, but little to do
Duffy - 7 - ditto Dunk. Good block from Byram header
Stephens - 8 - bossed the midfield, dictated play and moved it quicker than in recent weeks
Propper - 7 - slightly less influential than Stephens but lovely assist for Gros
Izquierdo - 8 - magnificent goal and celebration!
Knockaert - 7 - very busy but frustrating! Could have scored a couple himself
Gros - 9 - MOTM - an assist, a goal. Marvellous
Murray - 8 - cool finish and another battling display

Ulloa - 7
Kayal - 6
March - 6

This , but Stephens MOTM today !

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I think everyone is marking Dunk down because he is expected to be our best player and if he wavers from that slightly people mark him down. Fact is he was still the best defender by a country mile.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ryan - 6 - nothing to do
Bong - 8 - got forward really well
Schellotto - 7 - typically enterprising
Dunk - 7 - solid, but little to do
Duffy - 7 - ditto Dunk. Good block from Byram header
Stephens - 8 - bossed the midfield, dictated play and moved it quicker than in recent weeks
Propper - 7 - slightly less influential than Stephens but lovely assist for Gros
Izquierdo - 8 - magnificent goal and celebration!
Knockaert - 7 - very busy but frustrating! Could have scored a couple himself
Gros - 9 - MOTM - an assist, a goal. Marvellous
Murray - 8 - cool finish and another battling display

Ulloa - 7
Kayal - 6
March - 6

Pretty much agree with that though Stephens maybe a 7 for me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Not going to rate them all but thought Propper was outstanding today, at the heart of everything: breaking up play and creating attacks. 9 out of 10 - clear MotM.

Thought Stephens was excellent too, any other week he'd have been a worthy MotM.

But there weren't any poor performances today, a great showing by all

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not going to rate them all but thought Propper was outstanding today, at the heart of everything: breaking up play and creating attacks. 9 out of 10 - clear MotM.

Thought Stephens was excellent too, any other week he'd have been a worthy MotM.

Maybe not poor, but the only player I think people could legitimately make a case about them NOT being MotM is Knockaert*.

(* - Ryan excluded as he largely had nothing to do)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Stephens and his passing. I really don't know why so many come out with this.

http://epl.squawka.com/english-premier-league/03-02-2018/brighton-vs-west-ham/matches

88% of his passes were successful today, against an average for the season of 85%. No-one else has such a successful pass rate. If he gives the ball away 'too often' why don't we complain even more about every other player, who all give it away more often?

He is probably our most consistent passer, but the passes he gets wrong are often the easier ones which many find really frustrating. Anyway, according to the BBC he was outdone by Jose today.

'Brighton had several contenders for man of the match, notably Gaetan Bong and Pascal Gross. But Izquierdo's finish complemented his wider display. He completed 91% of his 36 passes - the best mark of any player who started the game - and put in a shift with 66 sprints, the most by a Brighton player.'

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 6 purely because he had little to do
Schelotto 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 8
AK 6 I thought he was poor - bad decision making, poor shooting and Murray, Gross and Ryan all had words with him
Propper 9 MoM so much more effective when playing that bit further forward
Stephens 8
Izquiierdo 8 goal of the season
Gross 8 back to his best almost
Murray 8 he was back to be mean and nasty - excellent

Ulloa 7
Kayal 6
March 6

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere

Absolutely agree. Was also noticeable that he appeared to have somewhat had the shackles removed and was in more advanced positions. Hopefully we will see him chip in with a few goals soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan 6 purely because he had little to do
Schelotto 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 8
AK 6 I thought he was poor - bad decision making, poor shooting and Murray, Gross and Ryan all had words with him
Propper 9 MoM so much more effective when playing that bit further forward
Stephens 8
Izquiierdo 8 goal of the season
Gross 8 back to his best almost
Murray 8 he was back to be mean and nasty - excellent

Ulloa 7
Kayal 6
March 6

Pretty much exactly how I saw it. Saw a quote on twitter about how Davy was ‘invisible’ and ‘does nothing’ and ‘needs to be dropped’. FFS, he was at the centre of nearly everything today in an unobtrusive way and him and Dale dominated the WH midfield. So many moves started with him. Difficult to pick up a MOM today though, as it was a much, much better team performance, with much better tactics from CH. PLEASE can we have a go at Stoke in the same way Chris ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here