Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Liam Rosenior?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rosenior is nearing the end of his career with an eye on his own future after this season.

To that end, I'd be amazed if he was sent out on loan. He can do more good here in his role as a senior professional.
A *home grown* senior professional as well, so twice as valuable.

We need to keep an eye on the home grown numbers as alluded to in post #15.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A *home grown* senior professional as well, so twice as valuable.

We need to keep an eye on the home grown numbers as alluded to in post #15.

Keep banging the drum, [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION], it will slowly creep into the collective NSC consciousness.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He wasn’t good enough for Hull when they went up a few seasons ago and he’s not improved. Did a great job in the Championship but but two long term injuries seem to have been the end for him as a viable choice, especially at this level.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Were Rosenior to be "offloaded" in January, you would potentially be scuppering any chance of Goldson going out on loan and getting some valuable competitive action for the second half of the season.

How so, Goldson is a centre back and Rosenior a fullback?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How so, Goldson is a centre back and Rosenior a fullback?
We must have a minimum of 8 home grown players in the squad ( or we arn't allowed to name a full 25 ). Lose 2 - Rosenior and Goldson - and we have only 7, meaning another home grown needs recruiting. ( Sell Dunk as well and we'd need 2 more ! ).

Home growns of sufficient quality would be rare and expensive particularly in January.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
For whatever reason, and I suspect it is the pace and physicality of the game now plus less reserve fixtures, players seem to struggle to get up to speed and match fit very quickly. In the old days a player seemed to be able to slot in very quickly and make an impact. now it seems to take 4/5 games for a player to get up to his best level. I would put Liam in this camp. I suspect if he was given a run of games he would show what he first had but you would have to accept 3 or 4 poor performances. It's one of the reasons why short term loans don't really work any more.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Could they perhaps promote and use him as U23s coach or manager his experience could be of great value to us and to young pros trying to make the grade.

Does Liam have any coaching experience? Even if he has he would need to be an experienced coach with the required badges to manage the u23's.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
After ONE game! . . . Blimey give the bloke a chance.

I'm not writing off Schelotto, he's got a good pedigree considering where he's been before.

But sometimes you do know after 1 game - Chuba Akpom was OBVIOUSLY a turd in his first little cameo. Even I preferred Baldock to him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not writing off Schelotto, he's got a good pedigree considering where he's been before.

But sometimes you do know after 1 game - Chuba Akpom was OBVIOUSLY a turd in his first little cameo. Even I preferred Baldock to him.

I agree re Akpom, I feel much the same about Issy Brown. That's the big problem with loan players though. Maybe they are good when playing for their own clubs, but when on loan they so often seem happy to stay on the periphery of the action, or share the same desire as their team mates. They just don't want to put their foot in where it hurts.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I know this thread is about Liam, but Schelotto has only played one game, far far too early to write him off! :ffsparr:

Well said. Somewhat harsh to write him off after half a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it because Schelotto is getting paid significantly more?

Surely when you consider the integrity of our manager, this is a reason you can bin straight away. I cannot think of a manager who would be less likely to be swayed by transfer cost or wages.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here