Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion v Europa League Champions - Matchday thread

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Interesting, we held good shape today. March and Lua Lua worked hard and both defended well but more importantly they both caused a threat to Sevilla. Greer and Dunk look as solid as ever, Bruno was on form and Bong coped well with their attacking full backs. Kayal and Stephens still have the ability to become a dominant midfield duo.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If Sevilla had a top gear then they never got into it. That said, we were disciplined - perhaps in a style you'd reputedly associate with Hughton - although with a bit less luck we could have lost by the odd goal. Certainly assuring compared to last season's Soton friendly. March is like a new signing on today, aggressive and skilful. Our pass completion should be better with that kit. What was with the half-and-half scarves? Liked Rosenior throwing a header to the ballboy. More than 10,000 is impressive for a game with lowly cup ticket prices.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Decent, very decent performance.

Lack of depth for central defenders and wingers is 2 massive problems.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
A great result today and sounds a decent professional performance. But let's not gloss over the fact it was a soft penalty and take that away it still says Brighton Nil. That has to change before Friday although I am a lot more positive tonight than I have been for a long time. Bench looks ok but needs more quality on it.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
My take on today:

It was way better than the Southampton friendly last year - more assured generally
Sevilla made so many changes they were never settled really and also didn't take some very good chances - some real quality players who never really broke sweat (many also played on Friday)
We looked solid at the back
We were pretty woeful with ball retention in midfield - so many misplaced passes - and as usual one real howler from Greer from the back that should have been punished
Apart from the penalty I noticed little of Hemed and we really looked toothless up front - long range efforts from Kayal were almost the only other goalbound efforts
Sevilla will be better, even at half-pace than most we'll play this season - doesn't look like a relegation side - but not challengers either

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
So we played 2 up top today and won. I fully expect us to go back to 1 up top for forest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That was better than I was expecting but we are still woeful at getting players and the ball into the box. Kaz seems to make the wrong choice every time, so frustrating because his build up play was pretty good. March had a good game. Stephens, who I rate, had a mare with his passing all afternoon. Hemed did OK with virtually no service. Baldock was an inefficient CMS and is brushed off the ball much too easily. Defence solid for the most part and Bong looks a much better prospect than Bennett, strong as well

Quite encouraged but we still need more attacking players with creativity and pace.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A great result today and sounds a decent professional performance. But let's not gloss over the fact it was a soft penalty and take that away it still says Brighton Nil. That has to change before Friday although I am a lot more positive tonight than I have been for a long time. Bench looks ok but needs more quality on it.

It was against the Europa League winners.

The Europa League Winners.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I guessed out loud during the game that there'd be some tw@t on here moaning that we only scored once and that was from a penalty. Congrats.

It was against the Europa League winners.

The Europa League Winners.

This

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Just got back.

I thought it was just dreadful. Down to 4-4-2.

Last six minutes or so were the best.

One plus the 30+ move passing game at the end that had Sevilla Reserves chasing shadows and looking well beaten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here