Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Weird bounce, but the proper answer is he was democratically elected to serve a full 5 year term in 2014 by 751,439 people.

You could use the same argument for the SNP

But he never turns up and boasts about it. He doesn't serve. What is he paid for?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Weird bounce, but the proper answer is he was democratically elected to serve a full 5 year term in 2014 by 751,439 people.

You could use the same argument for the SNP

I don't see anyone from the SNP appearing on LBC week nights? Maybe he should take a leaf from George O, or is the inflated Euro salary / expenses just too good?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't see anyone from the SNP appearing on LBC week nights? Maybe he should take a leaf from George O, or is the inflated Euro salary / expenses just too good?

Alex Salmond had a show on LBC

Well he's only got 18 months left of a job anyway!

I'm not sure how to quote two posts into one, but when he does turn up, he represents the people who elected him?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Alex Salmond had a show on LBC

Well he's only got 18 months left of a job anyway!

I'm not sure how to quote two posts into one, but when he does turn up, he represents the people who elected him?

18 months on Euro100K plus allowances (apparently they aren't expenses) for doing what?

Did Salmond do 4 nights a week for LBC with what seems like an open ended contract, I think not. You can hardly compare it

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Can anyone tell me why this guy is still an MEP and still drawing a salary?

To p*ss off remoaners? Money well spent ..

more-good-news-ukip-nigel-farage.jpg

:D

Yoda

English & European
To p*ss off remoaners? Money well spent ..

more-good-news-ukip-nigel-farage.jpg

:D

He's a thought for Brexiteers to ponder then.
If some of you are so pissed off with some of the decisions being made in the EU for us, why not vent some of your anger at this prick and is UKIP chums for not turning up and voting against them.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He's a thought for Brexiteers to ponder then.
If some of you are so pissed off with some of the decisions being made in the EU for us, why not vent some of your anger at this prick and is UKIP chums for not turning up and voting against them.

Ah you may have missed the point why many people did vote for Brexit. 100% of our MEP's could vote against something and it would make f all difference.

Yoda

English & European
Ah you may have missed the point why many people did vote for Brexit. 100% of our MEP's could vote against something and it would make f all difference.

That is true, but did you know that there were more times ours MEP voted against something and WON than lost. Quite often without the help of Twatface.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

In that case Farage should resign his post. EU is basically paying for Farage's divorce

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can anyone tell me why this guy is still an MEP and still drawing a salary?

Because, as you keep wishing to remind us all of, with your repetitive, constant, screechy, moaning, bitching, mind numbing boring posts in the other thread - WE HAVEN'T LEFT THE EU YET. So he's still an MEP until the next election. As for his salary - good, it repatriates some of our money paid to the EU when he spends it here ( oh, and pays his tax ).

Yoda

English & European
Because, as you keep wishing to remind us all of, with your repetitive, constant, screechy, moaning, bitching, mind numbing boring posts in the other thread - WE HAVEN'T LEFT THE EU YET. So he's still an MEP until the next election. As for his salary - good, it repatriates some of our money paid to the EU when he spends it here ( oh, and pays his tax ).

:lolol: :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That is true, but did you know that there were more times ours MEP voted against something and WON than lost. Quite often without the help of Twatface.

The fact that it is true is enough for many people who value democracy and sovereignty over other issues.

Yoda

English & European
The fact that it is true is enough for many people who value democracy and sovereignty over other issues.

But surely that also proves that the European Parliament is democratic? If anything, it is more democratic than our own government. Yes, the bureaucrats come up with the new ideas for law, but the Parliament vote on it as individuals. Not like over here where our parliament come up with law and, whether they agree with it or not, end up having to block vote with the rest of their party. (Yes, it then also has to go through the House of Lords).

Edit: Why have you ended up getting me debating this shit again? Had enough of it during the Brexit campaign and I can't be arsed to go through it again. :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But surely that also proves that the European Parliament is democratic? If anything, it is more democratic than our own government. Yes, the bureaucrats come up with the new ideas for law, but the Parliament vote on it as individuals. Not like over here where our parliament come up with law and, whether they agree with it or not, end up having to block vote with the rest of their party. (Yes, it then also has to go through the House of Lords).

Edit: Why have you ended up getting me debating this shit again? Had enough of it during the Brexit campaign and I can't be arsed to go through it again. :lolol:

I don't think that's entirely right. There are different groups within in the European Parliament that MEPs align to, and there is a left/right split. They don't always vote based on nationality either.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Strange that the one Liberal Democrat MEP, Catherine Bearder, tried to make a difference and has done more for her fishermen constituents in South East England by doing work and lobbying DEFRA to administrator the quotas more fairly in places such as Hastings in Good Old Sussex By The Sea, than Farage even has. He just promised them the seas and everything in it and then got his excuses in quick and blamed others for selling them out before a deal has even happened. He's the one who's done f all for his constituents. Plus Catherine Bearder doesn't dress like Rupert The Bear either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here