Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Great stuff, so what you're saying is [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] held you back yesterday. :lol:

Don't forget to eat and drink throughout the ride, little and often.
The more tired you get the easier it is to forget the basics and then kerblammo.

After 83 you'll be frantically updating the Sunday leader board praying Glanders doesn't pop out for a 350 mile jaunt.

Are you off to Box Hill?

Well to be fair [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] delivered me in great condition at the bottom of DD in a Stannard stylee! Yeah, heading to Box, Leith and Cob Lane.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Not good. I also have the view that the first missed test was a get out of jail free card she could wip out on strike three.
At best it's careless - why not appeal the first one straight away. Then why not be extra careful after that.

These things taint you, whether or not you doped.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
At best it's careless - why not appeal the first one straight away. Then why not be extra careful after that.

Quite, she may well have have been counting her blessings when they testers screwed the 1st one up knowing she could get away with missing two subsequent test.

I am very sceptical when it comes to cyclists, if there is some smoke there is normally some fire IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well to be fair [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] delivered me in great condition at the bottom of DD in a Stannard stylee! Yeah, heading to Box, Leith and Cob Lane.
Oh tasty.
Don't 'respect' Box Hill, you ought to try and give that full gas.
The other 2 are capable of spitting you back down the hill, and are decent challenges.

My Lizzie is very much a loaner, she doesn't even have a coach.
I guess being super blinkered and charitable it's understandable that she might slip up..

But that said she's clearly been a very naughty girl who needs telling off...

... Whoops sorry about that nonsense, my mind wandered. :lol:.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Quite, she may well have have been counting her blessings when they testers screwed the 1st one up knowing she could get away with missing two subsequent test.

I am very sceptical when it comes to cyclists, if there is some smoke there is normally some fire IMO.

Not our Lizzie. I'm not believing any of that. Nope. Fingers in ears. La la la la la. I'm not listening.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Heads up if you've got Sky 1. Tonight 2100. Bradley Wiggins: The road to Rio.

I'll be there for that one. Sir Brad still pulls in an audience and hopefully will be on form with dry wit.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Top stuff from SB. When its tough to get a podium placing he tops all three last week. Again.

:bowdown:

You're certainly riding well Stat & long may it continue... but come on Geeks... don't let him get away with it ...think we need to spice things up and Stats giving motivation....instead of Glanders :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So geeks, summer is here...for the moment! I've met a few of us but am keen to meet more. The main man Stat Brother has in the past organised opportunities for us to meet and ride. I'm wondering if we fancied a geek ride over the next month. We need to be a bit flexible but it would be amazing to be able to put names to faces pre-season!! Especially those of us that are on the Strava club.

I may well be able to ride Saturday 20th August - Reading away, if anyone fancies it.

I currently have that day booked off as holiday and no idea why.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
I've now ordered my road bike. Giant Propel Advance 0.

Picking it up Saturday morning.

60102027-2016_Giant_Propel_Advanced_0.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm liking this Bike channel business on Freesat.

Some interesting documentaries, but their race coverage is quite unique.

I've been recording their live coverage of Vuelta a Burgos at the moment and watching it back in the evening. Matt Rendell presents the show all on his own. No slick presentation to camera or stage previews etc etc, just Matt commentating on his own over stock race organisers official feed. Best of all, he calls when the channel is going for an ad break. It's like he literally runs the whole show all on his own, which knowing Matt Rendell, is not beyond the realms of possibilty :lol:

I commend it to the house.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

I've been recording their live coverage of Vuelta a Burgos at the moment and watching it back in the evening. Matt Rendell presents the show all on his own. No slick presentation to camera or stage previews etc etc, just Matt commentating on his own over stock race organisers official feed. Best of all, he calls when the channel is going for an ad break. It's like he literally runs the whole show all on his own, which knowing Matt Rendell, is not beyond the realms of possibilty :lol:

Its basically my 'go to' channel now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Its basically my 'go to' channel now.

Thanks again for the heads up on it Moto. :thumbsup:

I may watch a fair bit of cycling, but I rarely watch tv. So there's a good chance that without your heads up I'd never have realised it had appeared on Freesat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Oh I'm sorry I've missed it.
I do loves a lunatic and Rendell is proper hatstand mentals, in the nicest, clearly far to intelligent for the rest of us, kind of way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here