Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How excited are you about tomorrow?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I really like the fact that in our entire matchday squads - there's not been a player that deserves overall criticism. Everyone has played solidly over the first quarter , none of the scapegoat crap.

There actually WAS a little, at the start, - aimed at DALE STEPHENS amazingly, but it seems to have stopped now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sorry to disappoint, but my friend is coming tomorrow and every game he has attended in the last couple of years has been a 0-0 draw - he is a MASSIVE jinx.

Despite this, I am BUZZING
Can't you leave him in a pub!?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately, there's a few on here who couldn't get excited if we were to win the Champions League final 10-0!
We'd lose all best players the following season.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm a "taking it one game at a time" excited.

But then, a 3pm KO on Saturday is exciting enough...

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I can't beleive we're not getting better crowds... I know they're great for this division, but I would have expected more buzz locally.

There was quite a bit of damage done last season what with Sami running the show and Burke and his barmy recruitment.
CH is repairing that damage and are crowds are still very good but will get even better as the season progresses.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
images.png

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I can't beleive we're not getting better crowds... I know they're great for this division, but I would have expected more buzz locally.

Even the most ardent could be forgiven for taking a break after the antics of last season and it may need another few weeks to get their optimism back.

I'm thinking our crowds have held up pretty well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well what a thread this is.

I was quite looking forward to the game, I won't deny that. Then I read this thread. Bozza is not a man prone to excessive Albion-related excitement, and indeed I believe has suffered a significant loss of Albion Mojo at times in recent seasons.

But it appears that the Dear Leader's mojo is well and truly back. Ladies & gentlemen: if Bozza is getting excited about this, then we must ALL get excited.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am sooooo excited about tomorrow's game.

Tuesday night's drama, capped by Bobby's winner (which I have watched back approximately 7000 times to date) and our league-topping position (that I check about 600 times a day) just have me absolutely buzzing about tomorrow.

I can not wait.

How excited are you? (no poll - use words)

As always, as you will guess, since you see me every home game, I am absolutely shitting it. My stomach has been churning all afternoon, and I won't sleep well tonight. I have been following the Albion since 1969, and as each year passes, especially recently, the smell of possible full phoenix rebirth (as a prem club, with full status as a proper club with cudos and expectations), the tension mounts and mounts. I absolutely loved the glory and drama of Plymouth away (promoted), Port Vale away (Championes), the playoff final, but the failures have been crushing. Actually, hang on, I am talking bollocks again. Yes I am shitting it about tomorrow, but basically it has all been fabulous. Shitting it is part of life, and part of life as an Albion supporter. All I need to do is learn to love the diarrhoea.....:facepalm::lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I am sooooo excited about tomorrow's game.

Tuesday night's drama, capped by Bobby's winner (which I have watched back approximately 7000 times to date) and our league-topping position (that I check about 600 times a day) just have me absolutely buzzing about tomorrow.

I can not wait.

How excited are you? (no poll - use words)

It makes me feel so much better knowing that I am not the only person who continually stares at the table in a comatosed stupor.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I understand this is how Hughton will probably go, but I would start with Murphy, who is far more dangerous than either of those 2. The really exciting option would be March and Murphy.

With you on the last point.
I do think CH will start with Murphy, as he's fresh, whereas SM and LR have played two games in the last week, and LR had dead legs. So, not only am I excited about tomorrow, I'm excited at the prospect of the exciting option you identify.
Murphy is exciting because he's direct, and so willing to carry the ball. March has been underrated by many on here, mainly for his lack of composure in the early part of the season. He's been far more composed in the last three games. Which is exciting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With you on the last point.
I do think CH will start with Murphy, as he's fresh, whereas SM and LR have played two games in the last week, and LR had dead legs. So, not only am I excited about tomorrow, I'm excited at the prospect of the exciting option you identify.
Murphy is exciting because he's direct, and so willing to carry the ball. March has been underrated by many on here, mainly for his lack of composure in the early part of the season. He's been far more composed in the last three games. Which is exciting.

Would love to see Murphy and Solly start. Real statement of intent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really like the fact that in our entire matchday squads - there's not been a player that deserves overall criticism. Everyone has played solidly over the first quarter , none of the scapegoat crap.

Solly March came in for a bit of flack, but that seems to have disappeared now.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Drove over from Somerset on Tuesday with my grandson who has done nothing but talk about how good a game it was to watch. Even my wife commented that there was a lot of goalmouth action and she normally notices what's happening in the crowd more than what's on the pitch. She even says she's looking forward to tomorrow.
I'm in the Hughton camp. On reflection I agree it was a good game for a neutral to enjoy but as an Albion fan I'd far sooner a "dull" 3-0 with our goal remaining unthreatened throughout.
Just know it ain't gonna happen though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the BBC:-

Brighton have scored once in their last five meetings with Preston, a Marlon Broomes own goal in August 2004. The last Brighton player to score in this fixture was Steve Sidwell during a loan spell from Arsenal in November 2002.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here