Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please settle an argument......

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Thanks for all the replys and I can promise you, we have listened and taken the advice you have all given :thumbsup

Personally I thought £25 was enough for xmas my wife did say £50,

Due to the replys I have backed down and agreed with the majority, we have agreed on £50 for xmas and £100 for his 18th which is in early February, so thanks again.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Depends on your personal circumstances. If you are buying for five,and want to spend equally, I would suggest £30, if you can afford it you might like to spend more.

That said, if you were out of work and short of money then maybe less, all very personal.

Give him $100 its not his fault you have so many grandchildren......... some people only think of them selves..........Christmas is about giving, the more you give the more chrismassy you are.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks for all the replys and I can promise you, we have listened and taken the advice you have all given :thumbsup

Due to the replys I have backed down and agreed with the majority, we have agreed on £50 for xmas and £100 for his 18th which is in early February, so thanks again.

I'd go with that with our lot.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Give him $100 its not his fault you have so many grandchildren......... some people only think of them selves..........Christmas is about giving, the more you give the more chrismassy you are.

You do realise that $100 Liberian is only £0.73.

Mind you, U.S would be £62.19. Oz would be £54.11. Both would be good.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Give him a £20 bet at a bookies ( his choice of bet ). That way he may well end up with much more money.

Dec 29, 2011
£50, are you crazy? I get £10 from my remaining grandparents and it's more than enough. Grandparents christmas presents aren't his main source of income you know, he is old enough for a job.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
50-100 quid is about right if you aren't rich. Poor kids these days. Cars, insurance then flats/homes. So bloody expensive.
If you are not rich you should give £100 away, really? What about the other 4 grandchildren?

'But what about the children?'. Sweet Jesus, give me strength!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I don't get it. The majority have said £20, Shirley?

D

Deleted member 18477

If you are not rich you should give £100 away, really? What about the other 4 grandchildren?

'But what about the children?'. Sweet Jesus, give me strength!

50-100. Depending on how tight you wanna be. 20 quid is naff all these days.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
£30 - £50 would seem enough for me but it obviously depends on your circumstances.

As a side note, and with no knowledge of your grandson, whenever I was/am given money by grandparents (including when 17) I'm always fully aware that my disposable income was likely to be more than theirs, so any amount would ultimately have been enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here