Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamie Carragher spits at fan (young girl)

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
That's the crux of the matter. If he wasn't an ex football/pundit, the Utd fan wouldn't have been beeping his horn and then deliberately lowered his window to taunt him. .

I've been goaded from opposition fans. It's not just the famous who get it.

Obviously JC feels he's too precious to deserve such a thing in football

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I've been goaded from opposition fans. It's not just the famous who get it.

Obviously JC feels he's to precious to deserve such a thing in football

You've missed the point. I didn't say that the goading justified the reaction, i'm saying that if the guy just laughed at Carragher and had a laugh with his daughter, and didn't wind his window down and make a point of goading him, then the spitting in all probability, wouldn't have happened.

I've never been punched. If I walked up to the biggest bloke in the pub at closing time and called him a ****, my odds of being punched increase a lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would love someone to come up with some footage of him in his punditry role commenting on a spitting incident on the pitch............be surprised if there isn't one out there somewhere.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm surprised the professional footballers spitting on the pitch supporters haven't been on this thread saying he had to spit as he had run 20 metres to get in his car, it was nothing to do with the other driver.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
Would love someone to come up with some footage of him in his punditry role commenting on a spitting incident on the pitch............be surprised if there isn't one out there somewhere.

I was about to post that he couldn't comment on something like this or another type of bad behaviour whether it be on the pitch or off after what he has done
so probably he has to go.

However Neville can leave his Sky job to prove he's a crap football manager in Spain then come back to his job and comment on football.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It gets worse.

Imagine you'd done what Jamie's done. Pretty hard for me to imagine, I've never spat on anyone I can't imagine I ever will, but if I'd done what he'd done I'd apologise (like he has) and hope a hole in the ground opens up to swallow me. The last thing I'd want to do is go and meet the people to apologise again.

Jamie has now said he hopes he gets the chance to meet them in person to apologise again. Really? Do me a ****ing favour, he'd hate to do that. Imagine he didn't work in television and was just an ex-player - would he still hope to meet them face to face? It's just completely insincere BS that's all about helping himself and his career.

(PS, I've never had a single thing against him before)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It gets worse.

Imagine you'd done what Jamie's done. Pretty hard for me to imagine, I've never spat on anyone I can't imagine I ever will, but if I'd done what he'd done I'd apologise (like he has) and hope a hole in the ground opens up to swallow me. The last thing I'd want to do is go and meet the people to apologise again.

Jamie has now said he hopes he gets the chance to meet them in person to apologise again. Really? Do me a ****ing favour, he'd hate to do that. Imagine he didn't work in television and was just an ex-player - would he still hope to meet them face to face? It's just completely insincere BS that's all about helping himself and his career.

Yep, desperately trying to save his skin now............will no doubt try to essentially bribe them into saying he's actually a nice bloke, dad regrets winding him up and selling the footage etc etc.........

It's his 'Ron Atkinson moment'. Can't see him continuing personally.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Yep, desperately trying to save his skin now............will no doubt try to essentially bribe them into saying he's actually a nice bloke, dad regrets winding him up and selling the footage etc etc.........

It's his 'Ron Atkinson moment'. Can't see him continuing personally.

Yes it's inexcusable behaviour and he has to go. Anyone being paid £1m a year should accept the responsibility of behaving decently and if he doesn't he should resign. A future at Talksport beckons.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've read a lot today that Carragher isn't 'That type of bloke' Well, it looks like he very much is that type of bloke to me :

Common Assault 2008

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/jamie-carragher-cautioned-common-assault-3493835

Extracts from his Autobiography when Song said he thought the wasn't good enough to play for England :

''Song walked onto the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite. You're not ****ing laughing now, are you, you soft **** I said as he hobbled away''

Or how about the time he wanted to get Lucas Neil assaulted

https://thespoiler.co.uk/jamie-carragher-nearly-lucas-neill-assaulted/

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It gets worse.

I honestly couldn't play that game after they'd sold it to the Mirror, his suspension from SKY etc. A classic case of being hoisted on your own (media) petard. Live by the media, fall on your media sword Mr Carragher.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I honestly couldn't play that game after they'd sold it to the Mirror
Well indeed, that makes it worse. But even if they hadn't, you'd just be too embarrassed to go and see them, you'd send a message and maybe a bottle of wine saying you're sorry. Imagine actually going up to them - hi, you took the piss out of me, I spat in your daughter's face, nice to meet you. Ahhhhhh, it's worse than David Brent.

I'd rather he just stuck to saying sorry and feeling bad, but pretending he wants to go and see them is so transparent. He might as well just say "I'd like to go and **** the guy for selling the story, but my agent says I should pretend I want to meet him and his daughter to apologise, and since I couldn't give a shit about anything but myself and my career, that's what I'm saying"

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Get rid of him off the program - needed subtitles to understand half of what he said anyway.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jamie Carragher appeared on Sky News on Monday afternoon to issue a public apology to the family, his employers Sky Sports and to the family that he was suspended by the television broadcasters for spitting at a family on Saturday after reacting to taunts about Manchester United's victory over his former club Liverpool last weekend.

Christ. And I thought the Argus were bad enough with their garbled english.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From that:
SH: I’m recoiling watching that, it’s disgusting. How do you feel watching that?
JC: “Exactly the same, really. You can’t obviously condone that behaviour in any way, shape or form, no matter where you are, who you’re representing – obviously at Sky Sports now, my family and the most important people in this really who were probably most effected is the family involved and especially the 14-year-old daughter."

:lol: He claims the family involved are the most affected (well, the Independent say 'effected', but journalism isn't what it was). The family are probably wondering where to spend their winnings, as he well knows. More scripted BS.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And you know the bloke phoned some scum reporter at the Mirror who haggled him down for the footage from his projected thousands of pounds to £350 plus a case of Tunnocks Tea Cakes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And I agree with you. That wasn't the point I was making. I was challenging the poster's assumptions.

Apologies. I misunderstood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here