Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure any right-minded Albion fan thinks Zaha is shit - he so very clearly isn't.
Indeed.
He's a mercurial talent capable of ball control and fleet-of-foot pretty much unmatched in the Premier League.
What? Christ, I didn't think he was that good.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Could be , but I think you'll find nearly all of them have been impact injurys. Kelly's aside that is. Most if not all clubs have teams of medical , nutritional and fitness staff I doubt a manager has that much influence TBH.
You say that loz, but when was the last time RH made an "unforced" substitution? I think it's been a while.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Roy barely changes his starting 11 and played them into the ground over the winter. It's not surprising they are picking up injuries.

It also wouldn't be surprising if we start to get muscle injuries with our ever-presents. It's would be a silly decision not to bring in a CM if this does happen.

It all depends on how CH is managing them in training. I would imagine Stephens and Propper are doing minimal "fitness" work and it would mainly be ball ork and technical stuff. I ready a study about football fitness compared to aerobic fitness; the aerobic stuff should be taken as read as done in pre-season. After that it's all about managing workload and working on football specific fitness.

The report was massively scathing of Pulis (and Klopp for balance) and the propensity to run players into the ground when not playing well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If I could be arsed I'd go and drag up some quotes to back that up.

My favourite quote off of twitter is this

"Palace have not won a Premier league without Zaha since September 2016, and that was against Sunderland which doesn't really count".

Says it all for me. One man team.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Zaha is a good player, no doubt. He's so good, in fact, that I hope he plays against all our relegation rivals and scores hat-tricks against them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Aside from holding the diving trophy, I actually quite admire Zaha. He clearly loves the club and doesn’t seem to have tried to force a move. I wonder if that’s because he feels he may end up benched at a top 6 club instead of playing. That’s actually quite refreshing. Sure he’s already earning a decent wedge but he could probably double that without too much trouble.

Really do hope he’s not badly injured, although I do of course want him to be below par so that they slide down the table. I’m in two minds as to whether I want them relegated or not. Ideally they stay up, we stay up, and we finish above them every year.
Always want them relegated. All of their gloating during our Withdean years means I want nothing but hard times for them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My favourite quote off of twitter is this

"Palace have not won a Premier league without Zaha since September 2016, and that was against Sunderland which doesn't really count".

Says it all for me. One man team.

infographic-zaha.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
With all their injuries, it’s a good job the club made paying StJohns Ambulance Service, and the London Ambulance Service, a priority after their last administration.

Ooh

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Palace have had their bounce and are on their way to the buffer zone between us and the relegation zone. Ditto WHU.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Palace have had their bounce and are on their way to the buffer zone between us and the relegation zone. Ditto WHU.

No way. No one is safe yet, Palace and West Ham especially. Improved form for a while is standard issue for every team in the bottom 12. After the first few games we were superb for a while, then we were shit for quite a while. Palace and West Ham were terrible at the start then quite good for a while. Newcastle were shit, then pretty good, now back to shit again. I can do this for every team if needs be, even Swansea who we all thought were dead and buried have turned it round recently. 12 teams can still go down and it is likely to stay that way until very close to the end of the season.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

We've lost twice in 15 games, both times to Arsenal. I don't think we've had a bounce, I think that Roy has turned us into a solid midtable team.

Hopefully Wilf isn't out for more than a month, we've got an international break after the Everton game this weekend which would mean that he'd only miss two or three games in total. We've been incredibly unluckly with serious injuries this season :ffsparr:

As long as he's back for the last 6/7 games (which are all against teams that we'd hope to beat) then we should still be absolutely fine.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We've lost twice in 15 games, both times to Arsenal. I don't think we've had a bounce, I think that Roy has turned us into a solid midtable team.

Hopefully Wilf isn't out for more than a month, we've got an international break after the Everton game this weekend which would mean that he'd only miss two or three games in total. We've been incredibly unluckly with serious injuries this season :ffsparr:

As long as he's back for the last 6/7 games (which are all against teams that we'd hope to beat) then we should still be absolutely fine.

Lovely, very pleased to hear such heartening news .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It's not an international break after the next game.

It's a break because someone knocked you out of the cup [emoji38]ol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Leicester, Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, Stoke, WBA in your last six....as you say 6 easy looking fixtures to end the season, but it’s feasible that four or five of them could be scrambling to stay up. None of them are going to give you the points for turning up.

Can you imagine how desperate Stoke are going to be in that penultimate game, or Pardew in the last one at Selhurst. That’s even with Zaha.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Are you all telling yourselves it’s an International break afterEverton, instead of the FA Cup 5th round weekend that you no longer have any interest in because we knocked you out in the 3 rd round?:laugh::albion2:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Which is a cracking run lets be honest, 2 defeats in 15 and like us still only 3 points clear I think is what's being suggested. No one in the bottom half can now afford a bad run of results.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Imagine the scale of the meltdown on here if we had that catalogue of injuries and their transfer window......

I can remember when we had a myriad of injuries in the Championship especially one bl**dy match which imo cost us promotion ,and if I remember rightly the palace fans were not exactly slow to come forward then .
All teams have a crisis at one point or another and they are no different, and who says the players at their disposal don`t up their game and surprise everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here