Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NO Direct Trains Today from Hastings or Eastbourne

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
.........all have to change at Lewes and wait half hour on the platform, to and from the ground today.

Be prepared for chaos.

Well done Southern.

IF there were extra trains laid on at Lewes, this might not be a problem. But the National Rail journey planner shows only a half-hourly service between Lewes and Falmer.

People coming from east of Lewes will find the platforms at Lewes already overcrowded when they change trains, as required.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IF there were extra trains laid on at Lewes, this might not be a problem. But the National Rail journey planner shows only a half-hourly service between Lewes and Falmer.

People coming from east of Lewes will find the platforms at Lewes already overcrowded when they change trains, as required.

Just seen that too........this'll be a disaster.......

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
DONT PANIC! The clowns at Network rail/southern or whoever it is haven't updated the timetables online. I saw a tweet saying as much earlier.

From the official site:

For the Wolves game, there will also be a usual matchday service between Brighton and Falmer, and Eastbourne/Lewes and Falmer - and vice versa after the match - but train services elsewhere on the network are limited to bank holiday service, so please check the timetables accordingly.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...n-and-wolves-2866876.aspx#mhwJlBE7q0raEqAm.99

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've been tweeting southern over this.

They're saying they have checked and no trains between EB and BTN today.

Everyone gets off at Lewes, hangs around for half hour then has to cram on to the Seaford 4 coacher.

It'll be chaos.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well the chap running the twitter service has just tweeted me thats its a Sunday service today, info given to him by his control team.

So either the Club are wrong or the people that run the trains don't know when .....er...... their trains are running.

I'm hoping the club know more about todays timetable than Southern themselves :facepalm:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Well the chap running the twitter service has just tweeted me thats its a Sunday service today, info given to him by his control team.

So either the Club are wrong or the people that run the trains don't know when .....er...... their trains are running.

I'm hoping the club know more about todays timetable than Southern themselves :facepalm:
The control team will have checked the online timetable just like you have

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A bloke working from Southern posted this on Facebook yesterday:

From Brighton to Falmer it's 12.02 12.23 12.38 12.45 12.59 13.13 13.23 13 38 13.45 13.59 14.13 14.23 14.38

That's a lot better than National Rail are showing...

12:02 / 12:45 / 13:13 / 13:45 / 14:13 / 14:45

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is the Seaford train busy when it rolls into Lewes?

Will it take everyone form Hastings, Bexhill, Eastbourne, Polegate and Lewes ? :moo:

I've just exchanged Twitter messages with [MENTION=26542]Southern[/MENTION]RailUk, who tell me that they "believe" they will be running five trains an hour from Lewes to Falmer pre-match. I guess we are being advised to ignore the information published by National Rail.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've just exchanged Twitter messages with @SouthernRailUk, who tell me that they "believe" they will be running five trains an hour from Lewes to Falmer pre-match. I guess we are being advised to ignore the information published by National Rail.

So just going back and forth from Brighton/Lewes ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is the Seaford train busy when it rolls into Lewes?

Will it take everyone form Hastings, Bexhill, Eastbourne, Polegate and Lewes ? :moo:

Usually ok on Saturdays so if we get a 'normal' matchday service should be alright. If it's one every half hour as shown on Nat Rail, we're fooked.

If there are no direct trains from Falmer to Eastbourne or Hastings, how will this affect the muppets who clutter up Falmer station post-match because they REFUSE to get on any train that would require them to change at Lewes?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Will hopefully be OK. Even on Tuesday night after the Ipswich game there was an extra train back to Brighton before 10pm that wasn't shown on the National Rail Enquiries site

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If there are no direct trains from Falmer to Eastbourne or Hastings, how will this affect the muppets who clutter up Falmer station post-match because they REFUSE to get on any train that would require them to change at Lewes?

Either they wait until tomorrow (fine by me) or we might see how easily the Lewes side could run if it was free of muppets..........

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can "Someone" get a definitive statement on this?
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here