Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Star Wars - The Last Jedi 'Awake'

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
That's my concern. Too much is already Canon around Han Solo. Even if they make a great movie we'll all be sitting there ticking off key moment...

Won the Falcon - tick
Kessel Run - tick
Saved Chewie - tick

It feels restrictive.

I thought the same about Rogue 1. The rebels go on the rob, nick the plans and end up brown bread. What else is there to find out? Whilst the narrative didn't change, it proved you can make a good prequel especially when George Lucas and Jar Jar Binks aren't involved.

The Han Solo movie may surprise us equally and it's no bad thing to have low expectations going into a star Wars film. Here's hoping anyway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought the same about Rogue 1. The rebels go on the rob, nick the plans and end up brown bread. What else is there to find out? Whilst the narrative didn't change, it proved you can make a good prequel especially when George Lucas and Jar Jar Binks aren't involved.

The Han Solo movie may surprise us equally and it's no bad thing to have low expectations going into a star Wars film. Here's hoping anyway.

Agreed. Could be good.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
For me Rogue One was the best Star Wars film since Empire.

I agree..... Although I was disappointed with the scenes in the trailers that were cut from the final story.

The TIE fighter scene and the whole gang running along the beach looked great in the trailers and when they didn't appear in the film I was a bit annoyed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'm quite excited about the influx of Star Wars films we're about to receive but I'd really like a trilogy set in the Old Republic era. I'm not saying a film version of the game series 'Knights of the Old Republic' (although that would be incredible) but something set around then would be brilliant.

So far removed from the films we already have that there'd be loads of room for creative license.

Absolutely agree with this, was hoping one of the three non-main series films might be something like this but I guess not. Something with proper full-on Sith and Jedi representation would be pretty good although I think a couple of KOTOR films would be fantastic (if they included HK47 and gave all of the other characters a bit more character :) ).

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here