Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool at the Amex, ticket sales

The 50% off is for the Stoke game.

Correct, but there is also an offer for the Burnely game where a Bronze member will save a tenner and the kid equivalent will save £5.00.

On this game, I hold up my hands and admit I was totally wrong regarding how quick this would sell out. I honestly expected it to get to general sale but it didn't even make the season ticket extra ones.

Kudos to the club for ensuring the Tix Ex was working nice and early.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Plan is they become Brighton fans - at the moment they're just football fans. Looking forward to taking him to more games in future when I can go as well.

True. Naive to think that all 27,500 have no other PL club affinity, when not so long ago many of the new 20,000 were getting their football fix elsewhere.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
True. Naive to think that all 27,500 have no other PL club affinity, when not so long ago many of the new 20,000 were getting their football fix elsewhere.
Think you're being harsh presuming we have 20,000 new fans because we played at a shite withdean :)
Only so many clubs can get 26,27,28k in the championship regularly and proper plastics or so called armchair fans don't go to championship games.
We all meet these types who think they support these so called clubs but let's be honest they go to the pub to watch these games and that's about it.

People are to nice to these weird types who have no affiliation with these clubs.....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Think you're being harsh presuming we have 20,000 new fans because we played at a shite withdean :)
Only so many clubs can get 26,27,28k in the championship regularly and proper plastics or so called armchair fans don't go to championship games.
We all meet these types who think they support these so called clubs but let's be honest they go to the pub to watch these games and that's about it.

People are to nice to these weird types who have no affiliation with these clubs.....

Not intended to be harsh.

I know two entitely different groups of Arsenal fans who are Amex s/t holders. They got into Arsenal from the Graham era onwards and have shared Emirates s/t's. Also quite a few Liverpool fans, the same. The lean decades for the Albion undoubtedly made following the big clubs on Sky the better option.

None of these s/t holders have given up their first footballing love, but they enjoy supporting this successful Albion team. Other nsc'ers mentioned other similar examples in another recent thread.

It will take a long time and continued PL presence by the Albion, to convert more of the footballing Sussex folk into Albion and only Albion.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not intended to be harsh.

I know two entitely different groups of Arsenal fans who are Amex s/t holders. They got into Arsenal from the Graham era onwards and have shared Emirates s/t's. Also quite a few Liverpool fans, the same. None of them have lost their first love, but they enjoy supporting this successful Albion team. Other nsc'ers mentioned other similar examples in another recent thread.

It will take a long time and continued PL presence by the Albion, to convert more of the footballing Sussex folk into Albion and only Albion.
Yes I know you'll get these types and you get them up North who support southern clubs.....but the key ingredient is that they're now following their local side and 99% of these types that go to the Amex are Brighton born or near by.
We had 23k ST holders last season and the season before etc etc so we have a very good loyal fan base now which would probably be in the top 12 in the country.
We have a 7k waiting list and most of them will be these types and that's why I did a thread early on in the season about no extra room for these types because our stadium isn't big enough.Most clubs who go up have an extra 8000 fans minimum turn up and we don't have room for them :)

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Being Liverpool, it sold out in record time. Liverpool and ManU both have huge followings everywhere. The tickets sold will include many genuine Albion members, who's life long football love is LFC.

View attachment 90675

I love how this website is selling tickets for the away end when Liverpool's allocation aren't on sale yet

LFC tickets website.jpg

???

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Many of that 20k were getting their fix at Withdean, just not 23 times a season. I used to do more aways than home games 2003-07 for example.

No doubt what you say is true to an extent, but in my experience (and based on your user name we share a stand) it is far less common than you are making out.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The most pleasing thing for me is the significant number of kids now wearing the stripes around and about Sussex.
It is vital is that this new generation are given enough opportunity to see games, if we want to see more Albion and less Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc, shirts around Sussex then the club mustn't price these fans out; I am disappointed that the U12 category was removed and it is now just U18, big difference between an 11 YO and a 17 YO.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Not everyone that follows Brighton was born in Sussex. You have to start somewhere with new fans, the better years the club has the more a new "Hard Core" fan base will grow.

When I was a nipper my SPL team were Dundee United. I was only 7 in 1987 and the guy in the football top shop told me they were good, just reached Uefa cup final etc my Dad was from Belfast and would rather you cut his arm off than either of his boys support Rangers or Celtic. . I think his exact words were quite swear and frightening at the time! I didn't even live anywhere near Dundee and only got to my first Dundee United Home game in 1995 after years of pestering my step dad. When I moved to Stirling I was 10 and went to as many Stirling Albion games as I could because they were my local team. I delivered leaflets every weekend to have enough money for Away games to glamorous places like Glebe Park Brechin and Cowdenbeath! Istill follow both clubs as much as I can from Sussex, I get to a game every couple of years if I’m up at the right times.

The point I'm trying to make is Brighton and surrounding area is crammed with folk that weren’t born here but will want to support the local team. Good on them, it is to be encouraged, this is where lots of future fans will come from. If they still follow a team from where they are from or whoever they just picked out of a hat when they were kids then fine. There should be no issue with that. Hopefully, if they come to games then they will bring their kids up supporting their local team, like me! More lifelong Albion fans are born.

Also as an after though, do we not think that the Brighton fans are being made this season outside the county or even the country? Keep in the Premier League long enough and some sweaty fat bloke up north who has never been to Sussex could be visiting his local pub to wax lyrical about how he follows the Albion in the not too distant future……

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Many of that 20k were getting their fix at Withdean, just not 23 times a season. I used to do more aways than home games 2003-07 for example.

No doubt what you say is true to an extent, but in my experience (and based on your user name we share a stand) it is far less common than you are making out.

I am sure that this is a more accurate portrayal of the situation. I recall that during the Withdean years, the club said that they had 20,000 fans on their database, even though, quite obviously, not all went to every game. Whilst some at the Amex are undoubtedly new fans, I strongly suspect that the majority of that 20,000 is now going regularly whereas at Withdean they were rather more selective, given the nature of some of the matches!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They're either "Albion and only Albion" or they're not really Albion at all.

Who is to say who is and who isn't an Albion fan...you? Are you making a set of rules?

It's like when religions splinter into factions, exactly what football fans like to do. The denomination of every game at Priestfield, the denomination of who went to Hereford, the denomination of who sat in the rain the most at Withdean, or the denomination of most away games to Rochdale on a Tuesday night...

All bollocks really. If you're coming along and loving watching the Albion, you're Albion. Good to see.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am sure that this is a more accurate portrayal of the situation. I recall that during the Withdean years, the club said that they had 20,000 fans on their database, even though, quite obviously, not all went to every game. Whilst some at the Amex are undoubtedly new fans, I strongly suspect that the majority of that 20,000 is now going regularly whereas at Withdean they were rather more selective, given the nature of some of the matches!

Plus I know of many many Albion fans who are my age (who I used to go to school with and watch the Albion with at the Goldstone) who didn't attend a single game at Priestfield and possibly not even Withdean but came back at the Amex. If I know many people like this (and their children too) then there must be many 1000s out there of the same type.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What's N2B like to sit in ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The most pleasing thing for me is the significant number of kids now wearing the stripes around and about Sussex.
It is vital is that this new generation are given enough opportunity to see games, if we want to see more Albion and less Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc, shirts around Sussex then the club mustn't price these fans out; I am disappointed that the U12 category was removed and it is now just U18, big difference between an 11 YO and a 17 YO.

True. Brighton and Hove's parks just 7 years ago were full of kids wearing Chelsea, Liverpool, Barca and Arsenal shirts. These days Albion kit dominates.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here