Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The scoreline at your first ever Brighton game

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1-1 v Port Vale 16th October 1971. West Stand seats, near the back. Age 8. Promotion season.

Nobby Horton was playing for Vale (I recently discovered).

PG

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Brighton 1 Arsenal 2
FA Cup
1988 (I think)
Perry Groves scored and I always hated him after that.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Whilst at home to Southampton on Sunday I will spare a thought of my first game. It will be actually 40 years ago to the day. A 4-0 win against Cardiff. Standing on a milk crate on the chicken run I was mesmerised by the atmosphere to my right, that wonderful North Stand. It would be a few years until I made it my permanent home. I suppose that was the story of many of us, starting on the chicken run until we migrated to our spiritual home.

The build up to the game was to become a familiar past time. Standing outside The Stadium pub with a bottle of coke and a packet of salt n shake. Its just a shame that most of my family members who were propping up the bar are no longer with us.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Albion 1-2 Derby (15th April 1992)

I only went to 2 matches at The Goldstone, this defeat and a 0-0 against Oxford (I think).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
3-0 at home to Wolves, a Tuesday evening in or about 1981

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
2 - 0 v Aldershot Town

13th March 1965....glorious sunny day.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Norwich City F A Cup replay in the fifties - midweek afternoon at Goldstone - early kick-off as we did not have any floodlights. One shilling children's entrance on east terrace. Lost two-one!

el punal

Brighton & Hove Albion 2 Barrow 0

Which according to Tim's History book was a Third Division fixture played in front of over 21,000 fans.
September 1969

You're right about the attendance, but I think it was a cunning ploy by the club to sell tickets for the Wolves League Cup tie which was to be played the following Wednesday. So a nice incentive to add 10,000 more to the gate than otherwise would have have been expected.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Really struggling here, I know I went to a bloody freezing match aged six (according to my Mum, she was with us all and remembers it was A TREAT for my 6th Birthday, bloody funny family I've got). So would have been Brighton 0 v 0 Swindon, no doubt a classic!

First game I really remember was when I started going on the supporters bus from Horsham in 1972/73 season and saw either Brighton v Bristol City or Sunderland at the start of the season and then went regular from 1973, sure I remember Millwall that year also, but for very different reason as a eleven year old!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here