Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton to West Ham?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
West Ham :lolol::lolol::lolol: and you can add Everton to that as well. It'd take one of the big six for him to leave us any time soon.

I think the Ireland job might also tempt him, but with Martin O'Neill doing so well at the moment that seat shouldn't be vacant for a couple more years at least.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Any chance west ham could be interested? Ex player popular there, Solid manager to get them back on track.

Would he leave us for them?

What are the bookies saying ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He's 25/1 with Sky Bet, same as Dr Boer and Hodgson.

Wagner is interesting, I'm sure he'd see West Ham as a step up from Huddersfield, and plays a style the West Ham supporters are looking for. He's 10/1.

Pelligrini is favourite.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
He's 25/1 with Sky Bet, same as Dr Boer and Hodgson.

Wagner is interesting, I'm sure he'd see West Ham as a step up from Huddersfield, and plays a style the West Ham supporters are looking for. He's 10/1.

Pelligrini is favourite.

Sky Sports were reporting yesterday that Leicester were interested in Wagner.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
West Ham have a fair amount of football snobbery about them, they still tell you that it was West Ham that won the '66 World Cup ....I'm afraid that Chris is too defensive for them, West Ham have to win and win with STYLE or it's pointless for them. That's pretty much why Allardyce got tinned, he was getting a result more often than not but in the right style.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It could only be spurs when their chap goes to Real or Barcelona, but even then........not too sure

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Any chance west ham could be interested? Ex player popular there, Solid manager to get them back on track.

I'm sure they'd be very interested. Doesn't actually mean anything though.

Would he leave us for them?

A person with that much dignity, grace and professionalism who knows what it's like to be shat upon?

What are the bookies saying?

Who cares?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ten years ago he might have been delighted to have an offer to manage a team playing their home matches in an athletics stedium they didn't even own, but now............?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
i thin k that there is more chance of me managing West Ham than CH at the moment.

To be fair, you should never have left the Albion Ladies job...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I spoke to his daughter Aisha in the aftermath of the Derby v Huddersfield celebration at the Wigan game back on Easter Monday on The Amex - He's not interested in the slightest bit in international football management apparently, he and his family love the club, feel right at home and know how much he's appreciated by us, as well as by the powers that be above him who feel exactly the same about him too and she used the word 'dynasty' to describe what she hoped her Dad could do at Albion.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Everton are in a different bracket to West Ham but yeah unless it's one of the big 7 I can't see him even thinking about it.

Spurs he'd be crazy not to take but fingers crossed by the time he's built the club up enough to be tempting to those teams, we'll be closer to them than we are now and thus not an easy decision.

Agree International wise as well, can't see it being his bag.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I spoke to his daughter Aisha in the aftermath of the Derby v Huddersfield celebration at the Wigan game...and she used the word 'dynasty' to describe what she hoped her Dad could do at Albion.

Shiver me timbers! Photoshop Hughton's face onto this someone who can and the job's a good 'un:

Dynasty-Linda-Evans-dynasty-20800271-339-500.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny, I found myself pondering only this morning which clubs might possibly tempt Hughton away from the Albion.

Assuming he's not going to go to a Championship club, you'd have to rule out the top echelon (City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool) simply because they wouldn't look at him in the first place. Because of his lack of top level pedigree, and because he's not fashionable or trendy or global enough.

I can't imagine he'd go back to Newcastle under Ashley, thanks to their shared history. The likes of Stoke, West Brom, Leicester, Burnley, Swansea: I'm not sure any of those options would be tempting enough to lure him away from the Albion unless they were offering ridiculous money, plus they'd involve a significant move away from his current home and (presumably) family in or around London. Which leaves Watford (similar, but at least they're southern based), Saints (ditto, but he's probably not their style), Bournemouth (lol), West Ham (can't help feeling he's not trendy or international enough for the Dildo Brothers' London-West-Ham global brand), Everton (possible I guess) and Bottom Of The League Palace.

Funnily enough, Bottom Of The League Palace would probably be a decent fit for him in every respect. But of course they wouldn't want him either because they're way, way above his level, in the same way all their players are above ours. I think that's what they told us anyway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Funny, I found myself pondering only this morning which clubs might possibly tempt Hughton away from the Albion.

Assuming he's not going to go to a Championship club, you'd have to rule out the top echelon (City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool) simply because they wouldn't look at him in the first place. Because of his lack of top level pedigree, and because he's not fashionable or trendy or global enough.

I can't imagine he'd go back to Newcastle under Ashley, thanks to their shared history. The likes of Stoke, West Brom, Leicester, Burnley, Swansea: I'm not sure any of those options would be tempting enough to lure him away from the Albion unless they were offering ridiculous money, plus they'd involve a significant move away from his current home and (presumably) family in or around London. Which leaves Watford (similar, but at least they're southern based), Saints (ditto, but he's probably not their style), Bournemouth (lol), West Ham (can't help feeling he's not trendy or international enough for the Dildo Brothers' London-West-Ham global brand), Everton (possible I guess) and Bottom Of The League Palace.

Funnily enough, Bottom Of The League Palace would probably be a decent fit for him in every respect. But of course they wouldn't want him either because they're way, way above his level, in the same way all their players are above ours. I think that's what they told us anyway.

He has stated he has moved including his family to Brighton and loves it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I could only see him going to Tottenham Hotspur- and I'm sure he'd go with our blessing.

But now Spurs are at a different level it's not going to happen.

I think we need not worry.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He has stated he has moved including his family to Brighton and loves it.

Ah, ok! Didn't know that. But at least he's still within an hour of what I assume to be his extended family (parents etc) in London. Stoke, on the other hand, is a long way off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here