Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notifications from BHAFC women’s team on twitter

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Is it harsh to request the women’s team get there own twitter feed? I have notifications on for bhafc and I really don’t wanna see the women’s updates !

I would probably imagine 95% of fans feel the same way

Sorry ladies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is harsh, and wrong in my humble opinion.

BHAFC are committed to all their teams and as such, I'm proud of each and every one of them. The more the club can spread the message that the game is there fore everyone no matter what your gender or ability, the more we expand our horizons that little bit more.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm not on Twitter but would have no prob getting tweets about the women's team. I'd like all the BHAFC representative teams to do well.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Your opinion here is worth nothing as you're basing it on your own tedious prejudices - and a lie. Your problem, no-one else's.

There's nothing 'PC' about women playing football (as if you understand the concept of whatever 'political correctness' is supposed to mean in your narrow world). There is, however, something quite morally repugnant to believe women shouldn't play football. Again - your problem.

I don't believe I said that women shouldn't play football. They can play any sport they want to. Why BHAFC is involved with women's football is the question as the vast majority of fans just couldn't give a damn.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is it harsh to request the women’s team get there own twitter feed? I have notifications on for bhafc and I really don’t wanna see the women’s updates !

I would probably imagine 95% of fans feel the same way

Sorry ladies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For anyone that wants their twitter feed to remain a sausage party:

You can mute any tweets containing the term BHAWFC.

Click SETTINGS - MUTED WORDS - ADD etc.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Are people seriously suggesting that a large percentage of our fanbase really care about the women's team? Because they don't.

I can't be the only one that gets mildly irritated when the website says something like "Albion sign Brazil star" only to click on the story and find out it's for the women's team.

It's not sexist to say that women's football is nowhere near as good as men's. It's much slower, and the quality is far inferior. If it wasn't, the women's team would get far bigger crowds.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
For anyone that wants their twitter feed to remain a sausage party:

You can mute any tweets containing the term BHAWFC.

Click SETTINGS - MUTED WORDS - ADD etc.

Or don't, and get to see how our club is trying its best to be a progressive force!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Or don't, and get to see how our club is trying its best to be a progressive force!

Yeah I personally am glad it's on the same feed as it saves me looking several places for Albion news. Plus I don't think it's too overbearing; so far this month there have been only 12 tweets, all of which were focused around the Villa game.

That said, if people don't want to know about it then that's fine by me - twitter has a bunch of useful tools for whittling down what you see in your feed, and I'm all for people making the most of these to tailor it to their needs, whether I agree with them or not. For example I've muted all mention of "Trump" on my twitter feed, which blocks all of his (and retweets of his) idiocy, plus any of the constant whinging about him.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Good god. This thread should be read with a soundtrack of 'Imagine' by John Lennon in the background. I can feel the self righteousness dripping off the screen.

I don't care who is in the line up for the womens team, Under 5's, 2nd Brighton Scouts or the AMEX community singalong for recycling team. Just the 1st team and the U23's on occasion. Sunday was particularly frustrating waiting for team news only to be told that we were underway in the game at Basingstoke or wherever it was. That's not to say that me and my mates could beat them in a kickabout, they should all be at home getting the tea on or practicing netball, just that there are lots of us with no interest in that particular Brighton team and it clogs up the Twitter feed. You'd think [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] had shot Emmeline Pakhurst reading this.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good god. This thread should be read with a soundtrack of 'Imagine' by John Lennon in the background. I can feel the self righteousness dripping off the screen.

I don't care who is in the line up for the womens team, Under 5's, 2nd Brighton Scouts or the AMEX community singalong for recycling team. Just the 1st team and the U23's on occasion. Sunday was particularly frustrating waiting for team news only to be told that we were underway in the game at Basingstoke or wherever it was. That's not to say that me and my mates could beat them in a kickabout, they should all be at home getting the tea on or practicing netball, just that there are lots of us with no interest in that particular Brighton team and it clogs up the Twitter feed. You'd think [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION] had shot Emmeline Pakhurst reading this.

Think you mean Emmeline Pankhurst, I'm with you on this though .

Couldn't give a toss about womens football

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Is that what women do? 'Clog things up'?

Could have sworn this is Brighton & Hove Albion football club, whose Twitter account tweets Brighton & Hove Albion football stories - mostly about its various teams.

Oh yeah it is...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Are people seriously suggesting that a large percentage of our fanbase really care about the women's team? Because they don't.

Well, in that case, abandon the women's team. That they get more people watching than the U23s would suggest the latter shouldn't occupy any Twitter space either.

I can't be the only one that gets mildly irritated when the website says something like "Albion sign Brazil star" only to click on the story and find out it's for the women's team.

Depends on where you set the bar for 'irritation'. Mild for that one, is it?

It's not sexist to say that women's football is nowhere near as good as men's. It's much slower, and the quality is far inferior. If it wasn't, the women's team would get far bigger crowds.

No-one (in their right mind) has said it is sexist to say that. That's something you've fabricated. The sexism comes from some individuals who state that women shouldn't be playing football, and that the Amex was built only for men to play.

Interesting that the loudest voices of dissent and misery are from those who've never been to see them play.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't believe I said that women shouldn't play football. They can play any sport they want to. Why BHAFC is involved with women's football is the question as the vast majority of fans just couldn't give a damn.

And the minority who do? Don'y they count?

They're the second-most watched Brighton & Hove Albion team. So what should we do about those who get even fewer spectators?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is that what women do? 'Clog things up'?

Could have sworn this is Brighton & Hove Albion football club, whose Twitter account tweets Brighton & Hove Albion football stories - mostly about its various teams.

Oh yeah it is...
Why are you so defensive about it

No other clubs have the male and female teams on the same feed do they?

Lol at the guy who mentioned the big signing for the women's team around the same time as transfer deadline day. Heartbreaking when looking closer wasn't it!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

As per my earlier post; just mute the terms "FAWSL" and "BHAWFC" and your feed will be clogged no more. :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why are you so defensive about it

You grizzle about the women's team being mentioned on Twitter, and accuse others of being defensive? Brilliant.

No other clubs have the male and female teams on the same feed do they?

Is there a follow-up point there? Other than that, that has no value. Perhaps the club don't like to discriminate between the various teams. Put it this way, more people get to read about the women's, powerchair, amputee, under 23 teams etc on the main club account. The only problem being you don't like it, because you're not interested in a reasonable sized part of Brighton & Hove Albion. Again - you accuse others of being defensive?

Lol at the guy who mentioned the big signing for the women's team around the same time as transfer deadline day. Heartbreaking when looking closer wasn't it!!

Got you. It's funny to you that women's team football news got buried in the ether. Now we know your agenda. Thanks for clearing that up. Poor lamb.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Good post.

As is the earlier tip about muting on twitter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here